Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 The Ham Starter Project Conundrum
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  14:07:10  Show profile Send a private message
A fair few people expressing their dissatisfaction about the framework for these kind of projects.

I put in 25 quid for the Ham album and believe it was totally worth it.

So my question is which artists/producers/labels, new and old would you WANT to do a project like this?

I would get involved if Ephexis did this, even though I haven't been massively into their recent productions I would still want this.

I would potentially put in for this is Kev Energy did this, or more of a massive remix album of Nu Energy back cat stuff.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Cyrax on 2017/06/19 14:10:45
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  14:08:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
A fair few people expressing their dissatisfaction about the framework for these kind of projects.

I put in 25 quid for the Ham album and believe it was totally worth it.

So my question is which artists/producers/labels, new and old would you WANT to do a project like this?

I would get involved if Ephexis did this, even though I haven't been massively into their recent productions I would still want this.

I would potentially put in for this is Kev Energy did this, or more of a massive remix album of Nu Energy back cat stuff.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Cyrax on 2017/06/19 14:09:57
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  14:28:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Depends really on who does it.

Personally, I would throw in that kind of cash if just made Hixxy finally release the RB/UKD/NEP backcat.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  14:55:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Depends really on who does it.

Personally, I would throw in that kind of cash if just made Hixxy finally release the RB/UKD/NEP backcat.

A few years ago I would have, now the Raver Baby back cat isn't for me.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  15:01:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I would mostly do it for the older stuff now myself. Even if they just end up being vinyl rips. As long as they are better cleaned than amatuers like me can do with software like Magix Audio Cleaning (it can do a very good job if you configurate it properly), i'd take that over buying risky/dodgy/damaged records 2nd hand.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  15:03:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
none, everyone else in every other scene make tracks in their spare time

if you don't have much time, you dig out one of those 400 projects you have done with only the real basics of a track layed down

Edited by - Guest on 2017/06/19 15:06:57
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  17:30:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I'd pay good money for the Raverbaby back catalogue including the unreleased gems from that era. Scott Brown could easily make a success of this model if he wasn't back in the game anyway.

Other than that Sy and Unknown, ignoring the fact that there's more chance of the pope going on an orange march.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  18:04:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Much like when people suggest line-ups for albums, there's a massive difference between likely reality and hopeful expectation.

Crowd funding is faith based, and on my own end i should be reading carefully, but it's all about likely results. Current projects don't worry me, but the genre has a serious problem with inactive top tier people doing nothing; trading legacy over action. It's alarming what may come next.

I figure we came up with a working model for everyone, but it was largely rejected by the active scene in 2016, and utterly rejected end of 2016. The wider current industry wants us gone.

So I'm stuck in a weird middle ground where i think we're one of the few credible delivery people, trying to build a fair sustainable model, whilst either side there is what there is.

I'm worried. You should be too.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  18:08:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I think I could get behind Kevin Energy if he did a project like this. I couldn't if Sharkey, the other freeform legend, did it since it would be a really cunt move if he did considering that HU spent all that time and money putting an album together for him that never got released.

If Fracus & Darwin were to ever take a longass hiatus from the scene and came back with a similar project, for sure I'd back them up.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  18:12:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
My issue is that exclusivity doesn't serve the scene. It won't help reach new fans or add to the amount of content available publicly via streaming. You have amazing talents putting in for a quick guaranteed buck, and it's selfish. Let me say again, it's selfish.

You know you have at least 100 core fans. You know you're going to sell 100, and if you don't and you only sell 75, that's still thousands in the bank. I personally think that people doing this should be chased off by a mob with pitchforks. I sympathize with Ham since I can only assume he's out on his ass after RAM was bought by Sony BMI. I hoped that was a one-off, but if more people are doing it, there's an issue at hand.

If Styles or Gammer do this for a quick buck and have nothing available to stream or buy conventionally, the industry in Hardcore will have a noose around it's neck. Releases are the blood that drives the genre and keeps it existing, the moment you close off that blood to just a few people, the fringe fans are the first we'll lose. Then we'll lose conventional fans, then we'll be left with just the 'real deep Hardcore family' who will be in their hundreds. That's not the way things should be. It might work for artists, and it might keep working after the genre ends up like that, but for fans like us, it'll be shit.

If this platform for selling beings the norm, kiss your genre goodbye. You can't have a genre survive on 100 or even 1000 fans.

Edited by - Elipton on 2017/06/19 18:18:01
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  18:15:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Much like when people suggest line-ups for albums, there's a massive difference between likely reality and hopeful expectation.

Crowd funding is faith based, and on my own end i should be reading carefully, but it's all about likely results. Current projects don't worry me, but the genre has a serious problem with inactive top tier people doing nothing; trading legacy over action. It's alarming what may come next.

I figure we came up with a working model for everyone, but it was largely rejected by the active scene in 2016, and utterly rejected end of 2016. The wider current industry wants us gone.

So I'm stuck in a weird middle ground where i think we're one of the few credible delivery people, trying to build a fair sustainable model, whilst either side there is what there is.

I'm worried. You should be too.

CDJay

i should'nt be, there are more hardstyle and hardcore events then there are uk hardcore events in the uk now a days

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/popular-events.php?g=18

my empire i hand built and been telling you all about for 10 years

Edited by - Guest on 2017/06/19 18:19:03
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  18:16:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
i dont know if Scott Brown is having problems with backups, or licenses, because some of his latest backcat releases are missing sides. Especially Turn up the Music.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  20:04:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
I'm only interested in old stuff, and old stuff that wasn't released. Old stuff being pre-2001. Beyond that I'm not really interested.

To be fair there isn't that much I'm missing that I want...so I don't know

I'm not sure why I bothered posting.

Boobies.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2017/06/19 20:05:02
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  20:19:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I'm only interested in old stuff, and old stuff that wasn't released. Old stuff being pre-2001. Beyond that I'm not really interested.

Boobies.

do male boobs count?

Edited by - Samination on 2017/06/19 20:19:47
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  22:07:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:

Boobies.

do male boobs count?

Don't know - do you count?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2017/06/19 :  22:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
Vinylgroover
Cyrax

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page