Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happy Hardcore Artists in the US lets try to unite
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
zoomx
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2017/08/11 :  03:25:25  Show profile Send a private message
Happy Hardcore in the states, at least where I am (and for the majority of the country) is scarce. Ive been producing for over 4 years now and want to get together with some artists and try to start a movement for happy hardcore int the states. Bring it to the east coast and expand and create our own sound. Maybe we can start a group me or something? PM me for ideas!

Alert moderator

Edited by - zoomx on 2017/08/11 03:25:56
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/08/11 :  10:13:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Real happy hardcore or 160 bpm edmcore?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/08/11 :  18:35:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
Real happy hardcore or 160 bpm edmcore?

Why does it matter to you? You're British

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/08/11 :  18:52:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
its a public forum i'll whatever question i want. and im english

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2017/08/12 :  14:39:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
its a public forum i'll whatever question i want. and im english

Interesting philosophy. Are you really English?

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/08/12 :  21:25:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
I live in England but I class myself as British over anything else!

I have always been interested to know how the scene s in the States though. You have a large population, much larger that the UK but an actually Happy Hardcore scene never seemed to have taken off. I know you had the early House scene and I know that there where some guys like Lenny Dee playing Hardcore early on with a number of Belgium releases off of his Industrial Strength label and I have seen mention of some Americans having listened to early UK stuff off of labels like Suburban Bass in the early 90s but there seems to have been much less of an impact than the UK.

I do know of some Americans having had strong ties to the Dutch scene with guys like Lenny Dee and DJ Delirium playing in Rotterdam and having releases off of Dutch labels and Rob Gee had a big part in Gabber for a while. Omar Santana had some releases from the early 90s onwards, a remix of Quadrophonia, another Belgium classic and later a few releases with Scott Brown being real hard Gabber but an actual Happy Hardcore scene seemed to have been unheard of.

zoomx
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2017/08/13 :  04:02:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zoomx's homepage
uh good talk?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/08/13 :  05:22:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
no, I wouldn't say it was :P

Anyways, now and then we get someone who complains about there's barely any Hardcore in the East coast/West coast/Bible Land/States, but really, you're not the only country that have barely to none Hardcore :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2017/08/13 :  18:54:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage
The scene is actually very exciting in the US. As we discuss it, Northkore is still happening.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/08/13 :  19:10:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
...Bible Land...

That made me laugh. In fact, that's where I live.

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/08/22 :  05:37:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
Where in the US are you, zoomx?

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2017/08/23 :  12:08:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
Hey guys, been producing for a couple of years, mostly just putting around trying to make good shit, but most of them stay on my hard drive lol

Buy yeah, Ohio literally has NOTHING when it comes to hardcore. Only justice hardcore, but even then, Todd (nobody) doesn't really do as many parties as he could, and I don't live in Columbus so it's a pain living in the hick counties of Ohio. I'd love to see hardcore brought and expanded through the east coast, since the West coast is saturated enough (especially in California and Washington)

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2017/08/23 :  13:40:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage
very cool

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/08/24 :  00:27:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
Haha, I feel you. I live in Tennessee, and not even in Nashville. About 10 years ago we were doing some bigger events out there at Rocketown, and a few parties in Atlanta that kind of petered out when dubstep got really big. But now, I never hear of anything local.

That being said, one of the oldest and best hardcore labels in existence is now based in North Carolina and has been for a while. It's just a shame we can't get the parties going too.

Edited by - Audio X on 2017/08/24 00:28:31
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/08/24 :  01:47:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
Haha, I feel you. I live in Tennessee, and not even in Nashville. About 10 years ago we were doing some bigger events out there at Rocketown, and a few parties in Atlanta that kind of petered out when dubstep got really big. But now, I never hear of anything local.

That being said, one of the oldest and best hardcore labels in existence is now based in North Carolina and has been for a while. It's just a shame we can't get the parties going too.

I'm in Chattanooga. I remember the SSS/RaveWithUS Nashville Rocketown days, and then the Atlanta scene (my home scene) morphed itself out, and now there's hardly anything left. I'm so tired of Atl events not posting the genre by the DJ now days. It sucks when you're from out of town.

Rave is such a mainstream thing now, it doesn't have that underground, rebellious feeling to it anymore. Today's 18-25 year old party crowd doesn't seem to care about hard style genres, it all has to have the popular club sound. Where did the days of schranz, hardstyle, US Hard House, and 90s/2000s Happy Hardcore go? The UK has "oldie goldie' events, why can't we?

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2017/08/24 01:51:33
Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/08/24 :  01:50:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:

I'm in Chattanooga. I remember the SSS/RaveWithUS Nashville Rocketown days, and then the Atlanta scene (my home scene) morphed itself out, and now there's hardly anything left. I'm so tired of Atl events not posting the genre by the DJ now days. It sucks when you're from out of town.

Oh word. I just moved back to Chattanooga myself. What side of town you on?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page