Radio listeners 150+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happy Hardcore Artists in the US lets try to unite

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
zoomx Happy Hardcore in the states, at least where I am (and for the majority of the country) is scarce. Ive been producing for over 4 years now and want to get together with some artists and try to start a movement for happy hardcore int the states. Bring it to the east coast and expand and create our own sound. Maybe we can start a group me or something? PM me for ideas!
wong Real happy hardcore or 160 bpm edmcore?
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
Real happy hardcore or 160 bpm edmcore?

Why does it matter to you? You're British
wong its a public forum i'll whatever question i want. and im english
Archefluxx
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
its a public forum i'll whatever question i want. and im english

Interesting philosophy. Are you really English?
Smoogie I live in England but I class myself as British over anything else!

I have always been interested to know how the scene s in the States though. You have a large population, much larger that the UK but an actually Happy Hardcore scene never seemed to have taken off. I know you had the early House scene and I know that there where some guys like Lenny Dee playing Hardcore early on with a number of Belgium releases off of his Industrial Strength label and I have seen mention of some Americans having listened to early UK stuff off of labels like Suburban Bass in the early 90s but there seems to have been much less of an impact than the UK.

I do know of some Americans having had strong ties to the Dutch scene with guys like Lenny Dee and DJ Delirium playing in Rotterdam and having releases off of Dutch labels and Rob Gee had a big part in Gabber for a while. Omar Santana had some releases from the early 90s onwards, a remix of Quadrophonia, another Belgium classic and later a few releases with Scott Brown being real hard Gabber but an actual Happy Hardcore scene seemed to have been unheard of.
zoomx uh good talk?
Samination no, I wouldn't say it was :P

Anyways, now and then we get someone who complains about there's barely any Hardcore in the East coast/West coast/Bible Land/States, but really, you're not the only country that have barely to none Hardcore :P
Archefluxx The scene is actually very exciting in the US. As we discuss it, Northkore is still happening.
Impulse_Response
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
...Bible Land...

That made me laugh. In fact, that's where I live.
Audio X Where in the US are you, zoomx?
PecheyTheLizard Hey guys, been producing for a couple of years, mostly just putting around trying to make good shit, but most of them stay on my hard drive lol

Buy yeah, Ohio literally has NOTHING when it comes to hardcore. Only justice hardcore, but even then, Todd (nobody) doesn't really do as many parties as he could, and I don't live in Columbus so it's a pain living in the hick counties of Ohio. I'd love to see hardcore brought and expanded through the east coast, since the West coast is saturated enough (especially in California and Washington)
carldj90 very cool
Audio X Haha, I feel you. I live in Tennessee, and not even in Nashville. About 10 years ago we were doing some bigger events out there at Rocketown, and a few parties in Atlanta that kind of petered out when dubstep got really big. But now, I never hear of anything local.

That being said, one of the oldest and best hardcore labels in existence is now based in North Carolina and has been for a while. It's just a shame we can't get the parties going too.
warped_candykid
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
Haha, I feel you. I live in Tennessee, and not even in Nashville. About 10 years ago we were doing some bigger events out there at Rocketown, and a few parties in Atlanta that kind of petered out when dubstep got really big. But now, I never hear of anything local.

That being said, one of the oldest and best hardcore labels in existence is now based in North Carolina and has been for a while. It's just a shame we can't get the parties going too.

I'm in Chattanooga. I remember the SSS/RaveWithUS Nashville Rocketown days, and then the Atlanta scene (my home scene) morphed itself out, and now there's hardly anything left. I'm so tired of Atl events not posting the genre by the DJ now days. It sucks when you're from out of town.

Rave is such a mainstream thing now, it doesn't have that underground, rebellious feeling to it anymore. Today's 18-25 year old party crowd doesn't seem to care about hard style genres, it all has to have the popular club sound. Where did the days of schranz, hardstyle, US Hard House, and 90s/2000s Happy Hardcore go? The UK has "oldie goldie' events, why can't we?
Audio X
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Haha, I feel you. I live in Tennessee, and not even in Nashville. About 10 years ago we were doing some bigger events out there at Rocketown, and a few parties in Atlanta that kind of petered out when dubstep got really big. But now, I never hear of anything local.

I'm in Chattanooga. I remember the SSS/RaveWithUS Nashville Rocketown days, and then the Atlanta scene (my home scene) morphed itself out, and now there's hardly anything left. I'm so tired of Atl events not posting the genre by the DJ now days. It sucks when you're from out of town.

Oh word. I just moved back to Chattanooga myself. What side of town you on?
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
quote:

Eastern part. We've hung out before a couple of years ago.
Audio X
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah! That's right. You had bright purple hair. lol

That was like a decade ago! :o
warped_candykid
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah! That's right. You had bright purple hair. lol

That was like a decade ago! :o

Yep. No longer have colored hair, and no longer sport candy around...guess I've grown up a bit. I still blast some Happy Hardcore occasionally, but now I'm into the Super Eurobeat CD series from Japan and parapara dancing.
Samination and here i thought neon colors where worse :P
trippnface Northkore ****ing murdered.

East coast just cant bring it together like the west coast can for whatever reason.

I know there are lots of amateur producers around popping up or have been around that deserve way more credit. People like AOS or Clayfighter are making big tracks and getting recognition.

HTID usa will be in SF.

and like Wong said; the more fans get away from ****boi Gammer shit sound; the better our scene will do!
mattpositive Was anyone on the old (c. late 90s) HappyUSA listserv run by Muppet****er (Noahphex)??

Coincidently, someone was just this very same question on the happy hardcore subreddit recently.

Re: a centralized US HHC DJ/promoter/enthusiast chat/message board thing, do you think a invite only Slack setup might work? If you're not familiar with Slack, it's a free, useable combination of irc, Hangouts, and social media 'threads'.

Samination I know AOS since he's on the forum, but who the effin hel is Clayfighter?
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I know AOS since he's on the forum, but who the effin hel is Clayfighter?

He makes music for Kniteforce/KFA. Had an EP out on KFA a few months ago you may or may not like and a show on KF radio. He's a good lad!
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
I'm so tired of Atl events not posting the genre by the DJ now days.

I hadn't realized this till you pointed out. I think it's a global trend, though. Not just over there.

I think it's funny that everyone wants their own little scene to thrive. I respect that. I know I do, too. But I feel that it's just gonna get worse in the sense that with more content being put out there, the harder it is to sort out the crap from the quality. Real crate diggers need a comeback.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:
I'm so tired of Atl events not posting the genre by the DJ now days.

I hadn't realized this till you pointed out. I think it's a global trend, though. Not just over there.

I think it's funny that everyone wants their own little scene to thrive. I respect that. I know I do, too. But I feel that it's just gonna get worse in the sense that with more content being put out there, the harder it is to sort out the crap from the quality. Real crate diggers need a comeback.

Everyone expects to know what everyone makes or plays I guess
Audio X In ATL, it's more that everyone is just expected to play whatever is popular. If you see a flier, it's just going to be the usual 'EDM' interchangeable genres of trap/dubstep/electro/terror. Most punters don't even know that other genres exist because they aren't spoonfed anything else.

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page