Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 What's happened to HTID in the sun?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2018/07/21 :  14:34:13  Show profile Send a private message
So was speaking to my mate the other day and he said next year he definitely is gonna book HTID in the sun as he's been saying for year's he wants to go and he's getting on a bit now lol but it got me thinking does HTID in the sun even exist anymore? There didn't seem to be one one this year and last year if I recall it was only for a few day's not the whole 7 like it used to be. When I said this to him he said oh well I'll go to uproar in the dam instead but am I right in thinking there hasn't been an uproar in the dam for at least 3 years? All I can find from recent time's is innovation in the dam which is drum and bass. So what's happened to these two big hardcore events and if they have stopped doing them completely does anyone know why?

Alert moderator
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2018/07/21 :  15:54:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
So has Hardcore till I die actually died?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2018/07/21 :  23:23:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage
Probably has something to do with the dwindling numbers over the years. I remember when things were great, they had 1500 (plus) over etc. The last few ones were struggling to get 400.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2018/07/22 :  08:48:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
No idea if they did one or not this year but if not then it will be the first time since it started in 07. In total I went to 4 ITS events - 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Nothing will ever come close to 2007. The buzz during that kick off set on the first night is something I had never seen before and never again since.

It was such a different feel to the event when I returned in 2012 and 2013. Numbers were down massively which is obviously representative of hardcore in general. Lloret de Mar is also a bit of a shitehole so I guess a lot of people got fed up heading there every summer. They changed to Magaluf in 2015 which was definitely a good move but I havent been back since that year. Numbers were still relatively low.

If HTID has been bought out now, it wouldn?t surprise me if they just decided to cancel the event. It takes a lot of work to organise and if theres not a decent return on investment then whats the point.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/07/22 :  18:23:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Craig Cairney:
Probably has something to do with the dwindling numbers over the years. I remember when things were great, they had 1500 (plus) over etc. The last few ones were struggling to get 400.

Was this the one Ravers Reunited tried to steal their visitors, or was that the year before?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2018/07/22 :  19:06:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PhantomB's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
No idea if they did one or not this year but if not then it will be the first time since it started in 07. In total I went to 4 ITS events - 2007, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Nothing will ever come close to 2007. The buzz during that kick off set on the first night is something I had never seen before and never again since.

It was such a different feel to the event when I returned in 2012 and 2013. Numbers were down massively which is obviously representative of hardcore in general. Lloret de Mar is also a bit of a shitehole so I guess a lot of people got fed up heading there every summer. They changed to Magaluf in 2015 which was definitely a good move but I havent been back since that year. Numbers were still relatively low.

If HTID has been bought out now, it wouldn?t surprise me if they just decided to cancel the event. It takes a lot of work to organise and if theres not a decent return on investment then whats the point.

I can imagine as UK Hardcore was truly at it's peak around 2007, shame how thing's change :(

PhantomB

United Kingdom
52 posts
Posted - 2018/07/22 :  19:08:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PhantomB's homepage
And what about uproar in the dam? Anyone know if that's still going? If not then jeez I guess UK Hardcore really is pretty much dead these days

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/07/23 :  12:12:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
it died with uk hardcore

http://www.ibizahard.com/

lineups normally suck and is all uptempo ********

its the power of chix in hotpants and pimped cars, and my horse of awesome dj skills that created the empire in the uk and spent years telling you how it was going while everyone was crying about nothing

Edited by - Guest on 2018/07/23 12:17:59
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2018/07/24 :  10:39:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
The last Uproar In The Dam was 2015, Uproar the brand has now changed hands and has had a succesful return event to Birmingham last weekend.

HTID had an event in London at the O2 in May that looked quite busy. HTID In The Sun went from 2000 people (2007 ish) to around 500 (2016/17) so its easy to see why it stopped after last year, its a lot of money to hire venues and fly DJs out, I've been told the costs and its hard to see how they made money the last few years.

Uproar will be doing another event in Birmingham soon I am told!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2018/07/24 :  11:35:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
TBH, with the weather in the UK right now, why bother taking an expensive trip to another hot country? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJIntensity

Australia
447 posts
Posted - 2018/07/24 :  18:49:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJIntensity's homepage
It?s not what it used to be 10 years ago.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2018/07/25 :  08:59:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
The last Uproar In The Dam was 2015, Uproar the brand has now changed hands and has had a succesful return event to Birmingham last weekend.

HTID had an event in London at the O2 in May that looked quite busy. HTID In The Sun went from 2000 people (2007 ish) to around 500 (2016/17) so its easy to see why it stopped after last year, its a lot of money to hire venues and fly DJs out, I've been told the costs and its hard to see how they made money the last few years.

should be an uproar in bristol, bristol was always the biggest events in motion, it will need a hardstyle room to fill the void of bionic events being no more

after 6 years [ 2009 - 2015 ] of hardcore events being at motion every other month, there has'nt been an event for over a year

Edited by - Guest on 2018/07/25 09:01:17
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2018/07/25 :  13:05:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Ajay ran it into the ground, ruined it for everyone for his own personal gain.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2018/07/25 :  13:06:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Also the htid in london was dead, not even a 3rd full .

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2018/07/25 :  13:09:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:

You said that the last in the sun did make money, Ajay told you it did ?I can remember you saying it.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2018/07/25 :  13:10:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
And if ajay said it its definitely true.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page