Page: 
of 18

Author Thread  
djbood
Average Member

United Kingdom
249 posts
djbood has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/12/23 :  22:43:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbood's homepage  Reply with quote
The breakdown on hardcore orchestra is amazing, terminator-esque....shame the kick in doesn't live up to the breakdown.

Other stand out tracks for me are Find Yourself, Move for me, Reach out, Missing You and Runaway...beautiful!

Sounds like hixxys used the same offbeat bass for every one of his tunes lol gud 2 see ya graftin hard there hixxy

Overall not as good as previous CXH albums but defo worth a purchase

Clunge

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2009/12/23 :  23:56:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Should put Hixxy on the next cover.... oh wait, he's too big, wouldn't fit.

Ouch!

:D

My SOUNDCLOUD

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/12/24 :  00:01:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Should put Hixxy on the next cover.... oh wait, he's too big, wouldn't fit.

Ouch!

:D

Stingaaaaaah!!!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/12/24 :  00:07:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
The album is unfortunately not up to par with other volumes like 2, 1, 4 or 5, but there are definitely some gems scattered over the 3 cds, and Hixxy's disc is my favorite overall.

Favorite songs on disc 1:

#1 Fuel To Fire
#2 Missing You (Gammer Mix)
#3 Find Yourself (DS Mix)

Honorable Mentions: Outta My Head, Anybody Else But You, Shining Star, Stairway To Heaven

I liked listening to this CD from start to finish, the best songs weren't all clogged in one spot. I personally rated this mix much more than DS's mix on the 5th volume.

Favorite songs on disc 2:

#1 Make You Mine (Supreme, UFO & MOB Remix)
#2 Lonely (Breeze & Ritmen Remix)
#3 Use Somebody (Chris Unknown Remix)

Honorable Mentions: All Outa Love, Love To The Stars, Torn Apart, Reach Out

This was the weakest disc of the 3 this time around for me. I don't have that much to say about it since I listened to it the less.

Favorite songs on disc 3:

#1 Kaleidoscope
#2 Million Miles
#3 Re-Loaded

Honorable Mentions: Now You Got Me, Without Doubt, Turn Around 2009, I Surrender (Hixxy Hardcore Remix)

Wow. Really, Hixxy is The only one of the 3 main guys to still make Happy Hardcore in it's purest form (Kaleidoscope), and not just stick to strict UK Hardcore/DanceCore. I'm once again blown away by his collabs with his now regular vocalist (PLEASE Hixxy give her a name, goddamnit!!), and look forward to anything of the sort he still has in store. Also, Technikore seems like a great asset to RaverBaby, it seems to me like a really good move to welcome him and give hiM lots of spotlight like this. The results are stunning (Re-Loaded).

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/12/24 00:09:29
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/24 :  14:16:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
quote:
Originally posted by frozt:
god dammit hixxy is ****ing fat!

haha, who cares :P

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2009/12/24 :  18:31:53  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
got the breeze mix on now & i cant beleive sonic has been destroyed like that, holy ****in shit.. sounds so weak and it loops forever wow.. the kick is soo poor.. **** me, this is a rushed tune.. compared to the original bonkers 9 version or the kev energy mix this shudnt even be on this mix... its awful

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

djbood
Average Member

United Kingdom
249 posts
Posted - 2009/12/24 :  22:17:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbood's homepage  Reply with quote
Why is everyone bummin hixxy? hes cd's okkkk nowt spectacular....

Breezey's mix numero uno

Clunge

marbles

United Kingdom
79 posts
Posted - 2009/12/25 :  12:57:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit marbles's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Breezey's mix numero uno

wtf breezes mix was the weakest of the three oh well each to there own i guess

djbood
Average Member

United Kingdom
249 posts
Posted - 2009/12/25 :  13:04:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbood's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by marbles:
quote:
Breezey's mix numero uno

wtf breezes mix was the weakest of the three oh well each to there own i guess

haha wot wud we do without opinions eh,

A dont see any stand out tracks on hixxys cd, a like the style he has done it in and it seems like one of his better mixes but tracks like...Hardcore orchestra, move for me, boing and reach out are all stand out tunes. Hixxys cd doesn't deliver any gems imo just a solid mix.

Clunge

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  00:20:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
Fair enough.

I was wondering why Re-Con didn't put forth any of his new vocal work on the last HTID... It seems he's been keeping it all for this CXH. I had been missing some good cheesy vocals from him, and he delivered the goods with Fuel To Fire, Use Somebody and Without Doubt.

Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  19:55:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
Listening to Disc 1 now :D

Thoughts so far are mixed. I've loved 2 tracks, hated like 3, and felt "whatever" about the rest. The 2 I loved were Missing You and Outta My Head. Anybody Else But You was also pretty epic.
I am currently listening to Kidz and don't see why everyone hates this song. Like I really don't care about it but I don't hate it. It's not creative, it's just the riff from Kidz which is a good riff. Chances are I will never listen to this song again unless I am playing the whole mix but I don't get the hate.
All the Dougal & Gammer tracks have been insane, and Darren Styles. But everyone else has kind of let me down. Someone shoot Chris Fear.
Okay I am getting further into Kidz and wtf is going on at like 2:45?
Anyway I will listen to Breeze next then Hixxy. I'm very excited for Hixxy, as it's got all those saucy Al Storm and Technikore tracks that will make me wet in my pants (i hope but I have faith).

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 18 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 14  15  16  17  18
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page