Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  12:36:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
@ Al Storm, why don't you get booked to play US!?! California is absolutely screaming for you, easily the most requested hardcore dj. everyone is pretty tired of the futureworld sounds, and that is all we are getting xp.over and over..i actually think there is a conspiracy... id love to see you blow gammer, styles, re con, out of the water man. dying for real hardcore. we eagerly await your appearance, much love, west coast <3!!

Every time there are UK djs at a hardcore gig in the US I always see the exact same names: DS, breeze, Gammer, Unknown. It's one of the reasons why I've never wanted to travel to the raves in the US, that and I'm currently broke lol. I do remember Al Storm did say he was banned for awhile but I think that ban has since been lifted. But yes I agree the US promoters need to look into booking Al Storm, along with Joey Riot and Kurt, and even Marc Smith. Marc is just so entertaining to watch up there.

As far as I know I still cant enter the United States, even if I could .. a work permit would have to be attained, which as far as I know isn't easy or cheap? .. im going to try and get a pardon at some point, but even to get things moving id have to sit around the US embassy for days on end waiting for a free slot as you cant book time in .... fun!

shame as id love to come out again, miss it over there! but after the horrors ive experienced with immigration, even if the ban got lifted, no chance id risk without a visa.. unfortunately in my infinite wisdom, I didn't have the foresight to see that a stupid mistake I made 10 years ago would massively affect me, my family and my work in the future .. live & learn eh! #bellend

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - alstorm on 2014/01/28 12:39:59
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  13:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
tried reading through the US government immigration website. Bloody hell what a mess. No wonder they keep making fun of it in movies

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

alstorm
Average Member

United Kingdom
190 posts
alstorm is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  15:10:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit alstorm's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah .. there is basically no actual useful information on the entire web about my situation or anything similar, it looks like a case by case basis... ace

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  15:17:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
There was a ban? Why?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  15:40:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
There was a ban? Why?

He probably got caught doing gigs without a proper work visa. I remember Anabolic Frolic did the same thing and had a ban on him. It was eventually lifted, but he got banned pre-9/11. I'm sure anyone banned after that had to endure a larger punishment due to those events. Sucks though as I would have loved to see you play here!

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  20:44:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
****! that's a shame. well I will talk to promoters and such, I know its not impossible, and im sure we could get the funds together. id personally throw quite a bit to get your ass over here haha. it would be legend....<3

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  20:57:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
****! that's a shame. well I will talk to promoters and such, I know its not impossible, and im sure we could get the funds together. id personally throw quite a bit to get your ass over here haha. it would be legend....<3

a couple of people did that to bring in Gammer here in Houston, and they lost all of that money because the promoters who booked him for the gig never paid back those 2, maybe 3 djs that put in their own money for him to come to Houston because apparently they didn't "make a profit."

From what I was told, Gammer hated his experience in Houston and he was treated more like a nuisance than anything else. I remember seeing him on stage he was having a good time, and it was when he came off the stage he looked absolutely miserable. The fact that it was in the summer of Houston in a venue that felt like the A/C was completely shot to shit didn't help either.

So I don't think it's a wise decision to invest your own money into bringing over anybody unless you're actually gonna run a whole event yourself. Promoters will screw you over, as is tradition in many US scenes, and may end up alienating UK djs even further from even considering coming over here.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  21:25:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ truth. there are a few reliable people in the scene who might make it happen, it would just be really be amazing to make everyone's day. shit does have a way of getting convoluted though, tis true. ****n $$$ :/ . we can dream... never know, might see AL STORM in san Francisco one day ;D

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  21:47:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
^^ truth. there are a few reliable people in the scene who might make it happen, it would just be really be amazing to make everyone's day. shit does have a way of getting convoluted though, tis true. ****n $$$ :/ . we can dream... never know, might see AL STORM in san Francisco one day ;D

You're better off forking over the 1,000+USD it'll take to get you to Lloret De Mar, or even Ibiza in September, and see everyone. Well worth the experience! Although if you specifically want to see Al Storm you're better off flying to the UK for an HU event, or maybe even Ibiza in September so long as they're not fucking stupid enough to leave out Al Storm too, b/c so far HTID In The Sun doesn't have him booked.

OR maybe hold off for May when Darwin will be in Toronto. Maybe Al Storm and Entity will be joining them. Even CDJay might grace us with his presence :)

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  22:00:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
I like how you think haha, I really need to go to htid in the sun, we got a group of a few ravers who leave from California. I guess its just that part of my ego that wants to see storm on my hometurf and blow abunch of kandi kids minds >:) . Canada is not to far indeed, is that for total request rave??

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/01/28 :  22:13:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I like how you think haha, I really need to go to htid in the sun, we got a group of a few ravers who leave from California. I guess its just that part of my ego that wants to see storm on my hometurf and blow abunch of kandi kids minds >:) . Canada is not to far indeed, is that for total request rave??

Yea originally they had it in mind for November like always but had to postpone it. So Darwin is rescheduled for may 24th, along with possibly Fracus, not sure as he'll be there in March since he initially couldn't make it for November last year. Details will be out in a month or so I'm sure.

And yea you wanting Al Storm in cali is all ego for you haha. Personally I want nothing to do with the US ravers so I'm very happy to fly overseas to see all the djs on their home turf. And also, I feel more at home with the pissdrunk British ravers than the North American ones haha.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/01/29 :  01:53:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
**** ya il check it out!!! never say never, I promise the hardcore crew that we rage is not even close to the stereo typical American rave scene. we get bonkers ;) ya I need to get my ass over the pond....

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/01/29 :  20:37:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Surely by now, though?

CDJay

Yes! haha only took it out of the cd player the other day! quality album, love it! had a good feeling it was gonna be a good album after hearing some of storms new stuff on hu 6, and the classics cd as well, everything! well even though I've heard most of the classics, I hadn't heard a few! and the other tunes on the mix cd, absolutely love nightlife, the remix is good but not as good as the original, just brought back memories when I heard it kicking in, didn't even realize hixxy, storm & euphony did the track, but I can't for the life of me remember what cd I have the original on! i'm sure I have it and i'm sure its not on any of the bonkers cds

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/01/29 :  23:06:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
... didn't even realize hixxy, storm & euphony did the track, but I can't for the life of me remember what cd I have the original on! i'm sure I have it and i'm sure its not on any of the bonkers cds

It's on Bonkers 16 (Hixxy & Re-Con CD) and the Hixxy Remix is on CLXH3 (Hixxy's CD).

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/01/31 :  12:43:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

I played Taste The Silence to a non-Hardcore mate (actually actively dislikes Hardcore) and he said "Fcuking hell mate that is an absolute tune!".

I'm still blown away by it. Amazing track.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page