Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HH.com Production/Lyrics Comp-PRODUCTION STAGE F/C
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/05 :  18:34:29  Show profile Send a private message
COMPETITION UPDATES:

Stage 1 is now closed! Stage 2 coming soon...

Massive thanks to everyone who took the time to get involved in Stage 1 of the competition. It was great to see the non producing members given the opportunity to get involved :)

The original plan at this stage was to let you guys vote & decide the winning lyrics. However with many of you so eager to start production, combined with the novelty of this idea & the length of time the voting process will take, it will only prove to delay the Production Stage further.

So with that in mind i've decided the best plan is for myself & Allison to go ahead & choose the winning lyrics ourselves, letting us crack on with creating the final vocals. This'll get things moving so much quicker & will help with making the February deadline to begin preparations on next years Members Album 'PPF 2015'.

For now, please bare with us & we'll begin Stage 2 of the comp asap. Cheers :)

ORIGINAL POST:

Let's try something a little different! After a good old bit of brainstorming we've all decided to hold a production competition with a slight twist! Instead of your average remix competition let's push the boundaries & really get those creative juices flowing!

The idea is to create a Vocal Hardcore track from scratch! The Competition process will be separated into 2 stages:

Stage 1 - Lyric Writing Competition: *NOW CLOSED*

- Each member will have until November 30th (approx 3 1/2 weeks) to write their own lyrics & submit them. Never tried writing lyrics before? Who cares! Get involved & give it a go! I wan't the non producers to get involved in this competition & what better way than to write the lyrics!

Get creative! They can be as cheesy, happy, uplifting, serious, sad or deep as you like! There really are no limits but please keep all ideas original.

- Submit your lyrics to me either through private message on the site or email me at [email protected] . Your lyric submission should be a minimum of 1 Verse & 1 Chorus, however feel free to include more verses.

- The winning lyrics will be recorded & sung by our very own Allison (who you may remember featured on this years FREE PPF album http://www.ppf2014.info ).

- The winner of Stage 1 will be decided by you guys. At the start of December I will anonymously list all lyrics received & let you guys decide what/who you feel is the best through a round of voting. I will then announce the winning member who will go on to work closely with Allison in putting their ideas & visions into action!

- As a little added incentive, the winner will also receive a whole host of Hardcore related prizes!

Stage 2 - Production Competition: *COMING SOON..*

With Stage 1 now complete it's now time to let the producers loose on the vocals! This is a no holds barred Production competition. Use the vocals in whatever way you please, on whatever Hardcore genre you please! I'll go into much more detail on what's required in this stage once we reach it but simply put:

- Each member will submit one track by the set deadline.

- I will then anonymously post all entries, hold a round of voting, then let you guys decide the winning track.

- The winning track will receive full professional mastering & then feature exclusively on next years PPF album 'The Past. The Present. The Future 2015'.

- Prizes will also be included for the Winner/Runner Up which will include a Cash Prize & more Hardcore related prizes.

It's a pretty bold idea & as always, the success or failure of my adventurous projects relies entirely on you guys. Please take a bit of time to support the idea & be part of something a little different, fun & (hopefully) very productive!

If you need any help with anything regarding both stages then be sure to give me a shout & i'll be happy to help, or for lyric related questions you can also ask Allison. We're friendly Glaswegians, they do exist! Thanks for your support & good luck!

........now get to work!

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2015/02/10 07:32:42
AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2014/11/05 :  19:44:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage
from offering to sing on a track to a full blown comp with prizes haha :D xx

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/05 :  19:58:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
from offering to sing on a track to a full blown comp with prizes haha :D xx

If we're goin' to do it let's do it proper ;)

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/11/06 18:17:15
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  18:39:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Are we just writing lyrics?

Just wondering how we convey how they'll be sung, or do we leave that to the talents of Alison?

I'm keen to get in on the producing though :)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  18:48:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I'm sure Allison with her great talent will be able to interpret whatever nonsense we come up with

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  19:55:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Are we just writing lyrics?

Just wondering how we convey how they'll be sung, or do we leave that to the talents of Alison?

I'm keen to get in on the producing though :)

Well there's 2 ways we'll go about it. The way I see it, those submitting lyrics will hopefully have some ruff idea as to how they should be sung. Combine this with the winner, myself & Allison all working together we'll be able to put together a strong vocal.

No doubt most people are keen to get cracking on with the Production stage but this stage 1 gives all members the chance to get involved & offers something a little different :) Give it a go!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  20:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Already received a few submissions. Its interesting to see new members come forward who write lyrics for fun but don't have intentions of making something of them as such.

Makes this idea worthwhile, looking forward to seeing more over the coming weeks :)

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  21:06:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
I'm dog awful at writing hhc lyrics, but I'll throw something into the mix this time

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  21:07:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage
remember it doesnt have to be huge for example promise land from ppf 2014 -

open up and show your feeling,
am i the only one thats dreaming,
i close my eyes and dreamed a dream,
that you have opened up to me,
in a place called promise land

i'll free your heart,
and open your mind,
stay with me and you'll be mine,
and take my hands,and we will be,
in a place called promise land. xx

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  21:11:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
remember it doesnt have to be huge for example promise land from ppf 2014 -

Indeed, I often thin my lyrics down at the production stage but I prefer to start off with the more the merrier method.

Anyway this will be great fun throughout I'm sure

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/11/06 :  23:22:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
i seem to have missed quite a bit :p where the hell did all this spring from lol

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/07 :  05:26:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
I'm dog awful at writing hhc lyrics, but I'll throw something into the mix this time

Thanks for getting involved Simon, the more the merrier :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/07 :  16:49:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
i seem to have missed quite a bit :p where the hell did all this spring from lol

Things snowballed rather fast mate! Get involved :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/07 :  16:51:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Impressive stuff so far!

Big thanks to those who've submitted lyrics already :)

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/11/07 :  16:59:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:

Things snowballed rather fast mate! Get involved :)

pretty good timing i'm having a smoke so might aswell use it to get creative...it'll still probably be crap tho but fcuk it :p

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  00:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage
Ken i want to see xx

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page