Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
dj_deano
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,023 posts
dj_deano has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  16:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_deano's homepage
The fact that he has backed this up with absolutley no evidence is well... gay.

Total ****in nonce sense.

HTTP://WWW.REACTION-EVENTS.COM

Alert moderator Go to top of page
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  17:05:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dj_deano:
nonce sense.

:D

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  18:05:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dj_deano:
nonce sense.

i find this a bit hard to believe really, i mean, why would he quit? hes just recorded a mix for bonkers wich imo is better than anythin hixxy has cum up with since vol 1, and he runs wat is probably one of the best UK hardcore record labels goin. i luv the NG/BB sound and it'd be a massive kick in the bollocks for hardcore if he left.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  20:44:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Can't imagine he's about to walk away.

Dj Satsky
Average Member

Australia
221 posts
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  21:38:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Satsky's homepage
Brisk is a top DJ he produces quality tunes.

Edited by - Dj Satsky on 2007/11/30 21:43:41
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  21:43:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
i hope this isnt true............... care to comment on this ridiculous rumour brisk, i know ur lurkin on here tonite ( i looked at total online list lol )

Brisk

129 posts
Brisk is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  22:11:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Brisk's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
quote:
No great loss then............................

Any of you hear him on Kutski's radio 1 show a few weeks/months back? Done nothing more than embarressed himself

I hear it actually. I thought it was brilliant. Wicked mix too.

Thats was some of the worst mixing i have every heard anyone on the radio do! Kutski would have been embarressed for Brisk, **** if i had not knew that was brisk i would have never guesses that was a pro on the decks!

Utter shit, very very poor performance i know he can do better but that time he deserved a slap, i mean slapping the fader to the other side and making the "fall down the stairs" or "shoes in the tumble drier" sound dont really cut it with me! He tried to do some quick mixing like what kutski is capibale of but Brisk failed miserably IMO and probably his to:P

Actually, the Radio 1 mix was from both myself and Ham. Additionally, it was sequenced in Albeton Live so you're comments about 'slapping fader' are inaccurate as there is no fader. As for the mixing being out of time, I have to say you are talking total bollocks. Everything is 100% in synch.

The mixing is very quick in terms of moving through the tracks as the brief was make a 'History Of Next Generation' in 20 minutes. This is a difficult task with over 200 releases to choose from hence the 'mega-mix style approach. If you don't like the mix, the way it is presented or even the content then of course, I respect your opinion however, your technical comments are completely unfounded and inaccurate.

Anyway, the mix is up on my myspace page if anyone wishes to pass judgement for themselves: myspace.com/briskdj

Back to the point of the thread. I have not announced any plans to retire anywhere so I'm not sure where this information came from. Bonkers has not 'flopped' per se, it shipped out respectable units from what we know however, Resist going into administration has meant that no one involved with the album has seen a single penny from it at the time of writing. When the administrators have finished, a payment should be made to all creditors. This should help to cushion the blow for many but time will tell on that point.

A kick in the bollocks? Yes. A good enough reason to thrown in 20 years of hard work carving out a career for myself and others? I don't think so...

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  22:17:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
u tell him brisk, nice to know ur not going anywhere

Dj Satsky
Average Member

Australia
221 posts
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  22:27:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Satsky's homepage
Good to hear.

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/11/30 :  23:03:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brisk:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Any of you hear him on Kutski's radio 1 show a few weeks/months back? Done nothing more than embarressed himself

Thats was some of the worst mixing i have every heard anyone on the radio do! Kutski would have been embarressed for Brisk, **** if i had not knew that was brisk i would have never guesses that was a pro on the decks!

Utter shit, very very poor performance i know he can do better but that time he deserved a slap, i mean slapping the fader to the other side and making the "fall down the stairs" or "shoes in the tumble drier" sound dont really cut it with me! He tried to do some quick mixing like what kutski is capibale of but Brisk failed miserably IMO and probably his to:P

Actually, the Radio 1 mix was from both myself and Ham. Additionally, it was sequenced in Albeton Live so you're comments about 'slapping fader' are inaccurate as there is no fader. As for the mixing being out of time, I have to say you are talking total bollocks. Everything is 100% in synch.

The mixing is very quick in terms of moving through the tracks as the brief was make a 'History Of Next Generation' in 20 minutes. This is a difficult task with over 200 releases to choose from hence the 'mega-mix style approach. If you don't like the mix, the way it is presented or even the content then of course, I respect your opinion however, your technical comments are completely unfounded and inaccurate.

Anyway, the mix is up on my myspace page if anyone wishes to pass judgement for themselves: myspace.com/briskdj

Back to the point of the thread. I have not announced any plans to retire anywhere so I'm not sure where this information came from. Bonkers has not 'flopped' per se, it shipped out respectable units from what we know however, Resist going into administration has meant that no one involved with the album has seen a single penny from it at the time of writing. When the administrators have finished, a payment should be made to all creditors. This should help to cushion the blow for many but time will tell on that point.

A kick in the bollocks? Yes. A good enough reason to thrown in 20 years of hard work carving out a career for myself and others? I don't think so...

are we talking about that megamix from a few months back with all the older late 90s early 2000ish tunes?

i heard no problems with that... really enjoyed it...

and thank you for clearing up this bonkers 17 flop business, i had a feeling all these rumors about it doing awful weren't true

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  00:31:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well said.

Dexxdemon

United Kingdom
76 posts
Dexxdemon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  01:37:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dexxdemon's homepage
If im right in thinking, that very mix on radio 1 was so f*****g good that it got me right back into hardcore in a big way, I also discovered H.H.C.com literally 10 minutes after that mix was aired on radio 1 so it done me and my old hardcore collection a lot of good. The mix reminded me of an old clubscene CD i got maybe 94-95 with a Brisk mix, flawless smooth mixes and real quick mixes.

Me personally speaking, if i got a 20 minute slot on the biggest radio station in the U.K to promote myself, id be f**king happy slappin that crossfader makin sure i showcase as much of my talent as possible!!!

Put a sock in it CMC.

AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BRISK!

3 BEAT BASH, happy hardcore 95-97 mixed on 3 dexx

http://www.xstreamist.com/members/2642/audio.php

Edited by - Dexxdemon on 2007/12/01 01:40:15
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  02:42:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It was a fantastic mix on kutskis show! but if your 22 and think your better than a pro then get your stuff up ASAP! then we can all judge! the resist thing has f**ked up all involved money wise for the DJ's but as a pundit I'm glad it came out before they went tits up! think they went to big to quick this year!

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  03:27:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
You can't judge a pro by one mix. Even on his worst day ever in his entire life, Brisk will still be the finest Hardcore dj to have ever graced out scene. Hands down.

With that being said, the rumor is ********.

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/01 :  07:54:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
Read my first post!

I said i know he can do better, therefore i was basing that on that mix!!

Finest dj in hardcore, sorry i think not................... But thats IMO

Kutski on the other hand IMO is far more technically gifted on the TT's, and if you lot were honest instead of wanting to ride Brisk's dick there would be a more varied view on this.

Example number 1, Kutski's first residence show he was quick mixing the happy hardcore classics (i believe this was done on TT's/CDJ's if so already proving more skill is needed), have you heard this mix? Does the Brisk mix compare?

@Brisk

Have you heard the mix i have mentioned? Care to give me your views on that?

No disrespect is meant there, i have great respect for your productions and i do think you are very good on the decks however i don't think your the most technically gifted and thats what i was commenting on!

Thats is no dig at you, i know you have skills and just cause i dont think your the greastest doesn't mean i think your shit:)

@The Doc

Very good you checked my age, yes i am 22! No i don't think i am better than Brisk!

Am i better than a pro? going on Bass Genertaors set at Fantasy Land, **** YES I CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT but thats IMO:)

Edited by - __CMC__ on 2007/12/01 08:00:19

Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page