Printer friendly
Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  01:01:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
Yeah...well, I mean PERSONALLY I think the CLXH series is a bit of a circlejerk moneymaker where only 'obeying' artists get their tracks featured and the rest of the CD is just a self-important load of nonsense where the DJs and Producers put themselves on a pedestall. But that is STRICTLY my opinion and I try and keep that out of debates regarding the music because I won't judge their music based on how they run their business - not to mention I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge anyway, so there's no need to bring it up really.

You sure seem to say that alot
"Personally I think they're all money grabbing greedy pigs but I try to keep that out of discussions."
quote:
I try and keep that out of debates regarding the music

Then you're doing a very, very, bad job, as you just calmly posted it in the biggest debate for the new style on the internet.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  01:19:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Yeah...well, I mean PERSONALLY I think the CLXH series is a bit of a circlejerk moneymaker where only 'obeying' artists get their tracks featured and the rest of the CD is just a self-important load of nonsense where the DJs and Producers put themselves on a pedestall. But that is STRICTLY my opinion and I try and keep that out of debates regarding the music because I won't judge their music based on how they run their business - not to mention I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge anyway, so there's no need to bring it up really.

"Personally I think they're all money grabbing greedy pigs but I try to keep that out of discussions."

lol when have I ever said that? I couldn't care less if they're greedy pigs, I've always liked commercial hardcore. But that's just what I see, no offense but you were 10 years old when the first clubland came out and I loved it, don't think you can judge people you don't know shit all about, if I dislike clubland right now for good reason. Statistically speaking after 8 came out there were an equal number of volumes I like and didn't like. Not exactly a 'hater' track record IMO.

So stop trying to turn this debate about the music into a flame war between members, especially when you keep complaining about this topic coming up so much. Go make threads about something non-clubland related like I've been doing. You're no better than everyone else around here and you contribute to the reason there's so much of this around - stop adding flames to the fire.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  01:47:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

lol when have I ever said that? I couldn't care less if they're greedy pigs, I've always liked commercial hardcore. But that's just what I see, no offense but you were 10 years old when the first clubland came out and I loved it, don't think you can judge people you don't know shit all about, if I dislike clubland right now for good reason. Statistically speaking after 8 came out there were an equal number of volumes I like and didn't like. Not exactly a 'hater' track record IMO.

So stop trying to turn this debate about the music into a flame war between members, especially when you keep complaining about this topic coming up so much. Go make threads about something non-clubland related like I've been doing. You're no better than everyone else around here and you contribute to the reason there's so much of this around - stop adding flames to the fire.

I'm not trying to take a hit against you because of what you believe, I'm just saying I don't understand why you say "I try not to say this in debates", then say it in a debate.

---

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  01:53:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not trying to take a hit against you because of what you believe, I'm just saying I don't understand why you say "I try not to say this in debates", then say it in a debate.

I tired to fly once, and it didn't work.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  02:02:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilark:

...What?

---

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  02:04:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

...What?

"I try not to say this in debates"
He tried, and failed. It happens.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  02:05:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

...What?

Theres a difference between growing wings and simply not saying something.

---

Edited by - Dys7 on 2012/01/21 02:06:00
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  02:28:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

...What?

Thank you for being so understanding.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  18:21:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Did I just see an American use sarcasm?

Wow, who knew!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  18:45:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
the stereotype is Irony, not Sarcasm

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/21 :  18:53:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

...What?

Thank you for being so understanding.

We all make mistakes man, no problem.

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/24 :  22:40:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
I personally love that song called I'm sorry. Everything else sucks.

And about I'm Sorry...I dislike the vocals and think the track should be a dub!

PARTYSTORM
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  19:29:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PARTYSTORM's homepage  Reply with quote
Spent the full 13 on this, I thought I'd give it a go and see if I actually liked the tracks on there.
Pure disappointment.

I bought CLXH7 last year, and it was my first hardcore album I bought. I was literally blown away. The tunes on there were top quality!
Number 8 - nicer girl on the cover, but shite music.

~180bpm is too fast for mid range bass wobbles. It worked well on Gammer's 'Major Panic', but when you throw shedloads of these tunes in one mix? It doesn't work. Hardcore is kind of meant to be uplifting.

CD1: Pretty bad, about 4 fairly good songs on it. Even they weren't excellent.
CD2: Sorry Breezey, but it's utter shite. Go back to stuff like Rise Again!
CD3: Not too bad. I've gained respect for Hixxy and Re-Con, they're not pushing everything into the wobbly stuff. Unmixed though, disappointment :(

I wouldn't buy it personally. No Al Storm songs :(
Even Klubfiller is doing the wobbly tunes....

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/02/03 :  20:21:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
the stereotype is Irony, not Sarcasm

I'd say more Americans don't know geography than irony. They did a survey here and I think 50% of people couldn't find France on a map.

---

Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2012/02/04 :  00:58:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
Was listening to CD 2 with a friend to show him how bad Hardcore has become. And at one point he was like "OMG is that a new Skrillex song?". Point Proven?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page