Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  15:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaX sm00th:
didnt like it at 1st, but i'll freely admit i think i got carried up in the hate storm for this new sound, and after a few more listens its really starting to grow on me. It just might have been better to have maybe just breeze's mix full of this 'new-hard-electro-dubstep-whatever' sound, just for a bit more variety perhaps? and is there two different remixes of levels by avicii on hixxy & re-con's mix? But to be fair its allot better than i gave it credit for at 1st listen...

That's fine, there's nothing wrong with liking it and nobody will shit on you for doing so. Some of us just explain what we do and don't like about it and others write us off as 'haters' and make big annoying posts that get everybody angry...and then boom - 10 page thread.

No fuel - no fire, the non-fans of this sound are actually the most accepting of other people's tastes and opinions. Ironically it's a select few fans of the style that seem to want to flame people for not liking something they like.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  18:45:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Buying it now.. Pretty sure I will have heard a lot of the material already but feedback will follow.

But seriously.. this whole farse about the 'newstyle' hardcore is a joke. People need to realise theres a lot more out there and stop being so lazy and find it.

I actually prefer the stuff the 'top tier' are making now to what they were coming out with in 08-09. I lost interest in the 'top tier' then but I didnt sit on messageboards and facebook slating them for it, I just found hardcore I did enjoy; there's plenty of it out there.

With regards to the all this 'newstyle' hardcore, I actually don't mind it in moderation, but full sets of it bore me. Breeze's sets at the moment consist of nothing but, a bit of variety wouldn't go a miss.

Looking forward to hearing the Hixxy mix. Recently his production has become interesting again for me.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  19:08:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Buying it now.. Pretty sure I will have heard a lot of the material already but feedback will follow.

But seriously.. this whole farse about the 'newstyle' hardcore is a joke. People need to realise theres a lot more out there and stop being so lazy and find it.

I actually prefer the stuff the 'top tier' are making now to what they were coming out with in 08-09. I lost interest in the 'top tier' then but I didnt sit on messageboards and facebook slating them for it, I just found hardcore I did enjoy; there's plenty of it out there.

With regards to the all this 'newstyle' hardcore, I actually don't mind it in moderation, but full sets of it bore me. Breeze's sets at the moment consist of nothing but, a bit of variety wouldn't go a miss.

Looking forward to hearing the Hixxy mix. Recently his production has become interesting again for me.

We're not lazy finding it. We just don't like The Top Tier pushing the new style as a necesity.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/01/20 19:09:15
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  19:27:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

We're not lazy finding it. We just don't like The Top Tier pushing the new style as a necesity.

Its their music, they can make what they want essentially. Don't like, don't listen.

In terms of the top tier there are only a relative few artists who play full sets of the stuff anyway. The only ones I can think of are Breeze, Petruccio and Modulate. Gammer, Styles and Re-Con play crossover stuff. Hixxy plays very little of it. It's not unavoidable by any stretch of the imagination.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  19:34:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Its their music, they can make what they want essentially. Don't like, don't listen.

In terms of the top tier there are only a relative few artists who play full sets of the stuff anyway. The only ones I can think of are Breeze, Petruccio and Modulate. Gammer, Styles and Re-Con play crossover stuff. Hixxy plays very little of it. It's not unavoidable by any stretch of the imagination.

I think what he means is there's a constant attitude of 'This is the new style' rather than 'Here's our interpretation of Hardcore'. I think if they stopped saying 'new style' they'd prob get less hate for it.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  19:36:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think what he means is there's a constant attitude of 'This is the new style' rather than 'Here's our interpretation of Hardcore'. I think if they stopped saying 'new style' they'd prob get less hate for it.

Fair enough, I haven't seen anyone display this attitude and it take me into a whole new arguement.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  19:53:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Fair enough, I haven't seen anyone display this attitude and it take me into a whole new arguement.

Breeze is ALWAYS saying it. It's even on the flier for ILHB. By all means make a new style in hardcore but stop calling it "The new style of hardcore" it's not anyones place to dictate what the "new style" is. I hear really fresh breakbeat hardcore coming from Entity, Fracus and Darwin etc. plus loads of others, I could say that is the "new style" but I don't because it's an ignorant thing to say.

The absolute bottom line truth is that hardcore isn't changing from one style to another, it's splitting up. Just like I said it would. Trying to act like your style of hardcore is 'the new style' or something is just a feeble attempt to get the most people onto your bandwagon. That applies to Breeze or even Fracus and Darwin if they came out with the same shit.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  20:14:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Breeze is ALWAYS saying it. It's even on the flier for ILHB. By all means make a new style in hardcore but stop calling it "The new style of hardcore" it's not anyones place to dictate what the "new style" is. I hear really fresh breakbeat hardcore coming from Entity, Fracus and Darwin etc. plus loads of others, I could say that is the "new style" but I don't because it's an ignorant thing to say.

The absolute bottom line truth is that hardcore isn't changing from one style to another, it's splitting up. Just like I said it would. Trying to act like your style of hardcore is 'the new style' or something is just a feeble attempt to get the most people onto your bandwagon. That applies to Breeze or even Fracus and Darwin if they came out with the same shit.

It always comes across as though the 'top tier' artists have a very blinkered view of hardcore. I always get the impression that few of them listen to range of hardcore and know what is happening throughout the scene. If this is true I find it astounding, as a hardcore fan, I like to listen to and experience as much of the scene as I can whether I like it or not. Surely these artists are hardcore fans themselves?

A few comments lately have made me think this tbh. Kurt made a comment in a thread on USH.net before it closed where he basically said he had never heard of a number of artists. They were hardly unknowns as well.

Then Hixxy said this on his facebook the other day

quote:
Don't need anymore all sorted ta, One artist in particular that i wasn't fully aware of has come to our attention out of this so it's good times ! The others that i thought were smashing it are as well and it has confirmed a few bits for us.

The artist he was referring to could be someone completely unheard of, but I highly doubt it. I just get an impression of ignorance at the top. I would expect every hardcore artist to listen to Hardcore Underground 5 and be aware of CLSM.net's breakbeat revolution.

Or am I being far too demanding?

Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  20:33:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
Soon enough you will be hearing "Hardcore" in Skrillexs' live sets!

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  20:43:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

It always comes across as though the 'top tier' artists have a very blinkered view of hardcore. I always get the impression that few of them listen to range of hardcore and know what is happening throughout the scene. If this is true I find it astounding, as a hardcore fan, I like to listen to and experience as much of the scene as I can whether I like it or not. Surely these artists are hardcore fans themselves?

A few comments lately have made me think this tbh. Kurt made a comment in a thread on USH.net before it closed where he basically said he had never heard of a number of artists. They were hardly unknowns as well.

Then Hixxy said this on his facebook the other day

quote:
Don't need anymore all sorted ta, One artist in particular that i wasn't fully aware of has come to our attention out of this so it's good times ! The others that i thought were smashing it are as well and it has confirmed a few bits for us.

The artist he was referring to could be someone completely unheard of, but I highly doubt it. I just get an impression of ignorance at the top. I would expect every hardcore artist to listen to Hardcore Underground 5 and be aware of CLSM.net's breakbeat revolution.

Or am I being far too demanding?

No they're definitely blinkered. Tbh pushing electro/dubstep influenced sounds as a 'new style' seems ridiculous to me. Both genres have been out for years and everyone was aware of them long before Hardcore took them up. We've heard Noisia, Deadmau5, Skrillex, SHW, etc. etc. then the big names come along and show us it as if they've come up with something really new and fascinating. I think once they become big names they totally lose touch with the rest of the scene.

Same happens in everything, when an employee works his way up through a company he often becomes out of touch with what the company is like to work in. Just like governments too, they're so high up they're completely out of touch with what's happening on ground level. We're seeing themes of this all over the world, the top people losing touch with reality - it will all come crashing down on them soon enough.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  20:49:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Some quick stats for you. Read into them what you wish

-------------------------------Hardcore Underground 5--------------Clubland X-treme Hardcore 8

Tracks---------------------------------105-----------------------------------------58

Average tracks per disk-------------26.25--------------------------------------19.33

Artists---------------------------------64------------------------------------------24

Average Artists per disk-------------16------------------------------------------8

Interesting (or not) facts.

- Slipmatt who mixed disc 3 on HU5 didnt have a track featured till track 12
- Douglas who mixed disc 4 on HU5 didnt have a track featured till track 9
- Al Storm does not have a single track on Clubland, Technikore has one credited as Technikal
- Dougal doesnt have a track on Clubland 8.

Edited by - Claxton on 2012/01/20 20:51:49
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  20:54:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

as long as its 180bpm, **** yeah! What I've noticed about electronic music, is that people hate music that goes beyond 160BPM, unless it was Hard Trance from 1999

Claxton: 24? If you only count (re)production, there can't be more than 7.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/01/20 20:56:20
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  20:54:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Some quick stats for you. Read into them what you wish

Hardcore Underground 5 Clubland X-treme Hardcore 8

Tracks 105 58

Average tracks per disk 26.25 19.33

Artists 64 24

Average Artists per disk 16 8

Interesting (or not) facts.

- Slipmatt who mixed disc 3 on HU5 didnt have a track featured till track 12
- Douglas who mixed disc 4 on HU5 didnt have a track featured till track 9
- Al Storm does not have a single track on Clubland, Technikore has one credited as Technikal
- Dougal doesnt have a track on Clubland 8.

Yeah...well, I mean PERSONALLY I think the CLXH series is a bit of a circlejerk moneymaker where only 'obeying' artists get their tracks featured and the rest of the CD is just a self-important load of nonsense where the DJs and Producers put themselves on a pedestall. But that is STRICTLY my opinion and I try and keep that out of debates regarding the music because I won't judge their music based on how they run their business - not to mention I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge anyway, so there's no need to bring it up really.

Edited by - NekoShuffle on 2012/01/20 20:55:24
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  21:05:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

as long as its 180bpm, **** yeah! What I've noticed about electronic music, is that people hate music that goes beyond 160BPM, unless it was Hard Trance from 1999

Claxton: 24? If you only count (re)production, there can't be more than 7.

I have far too much time as it is but it was just a quick add up.

I counted Sy & Unknown as two seperate artists and the same for any other combo. If it was a remix I discarded the original artists and they werent included in the numbers.

On the Hixxy disc there two tracks that featured about 4 artists, that bumped up the number + theres probably a few alias's who are the same people. Destiny for example?? I dont have a clue who that is?

Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  21:16:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage  Reply with quote
I would like to stress my partner purchased this cd so its in her collection not mine.

There are some really nice sounds in it and moments that make me cringe. I have a love hate relationship with HHC.

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page