Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  01:43:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
Well now, after having a listen to each mix:

CD 1: Crap
CD 2: Crap
CD 3: Not Bad

CD 3 getting that rating cuz there was ALOT less electrodubstephardcore stuff on it. So it wins the best of the worst.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Janster

Canada
64 posts
Janster has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  19:44:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Janster's homepage  Reply with quote
All 3 discs sound great to me, especially the 3rd one. I like the electro/dubstep influences a lot and I'm glad that many of those tracks now have uplifting melodies in them too, although I would prefer if they could work a harder kick into the style than the kind that most of the tracks have.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  20:13:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

CD 3 getting that rating cuz there was ALOT less electrodubstephardcore stuff on it. So it wins the best of the worst.

I thought you were well into that stuff?

I have to say the response has been interesting, I'm hearing much more dislike for CLXH8 than I ever thought I would, I really did think the 'new style' would be more popular than it is. I don't think a single track on the album has even reached 4 stars on TID, some of the written comments are very revealing too and it doesn't seem to be the same old faces making the comments either.

Looks like the ravers have spoken...I'm glad HU is the CD compilation I anticipate...no let downs for me with HU5, the album absolutely blew me away.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  20:14:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
If you like it obvious this would be an album for you. But too bad most of us on this forum hates/dislikes it

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  20:33:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
If you like it obvious this would be an album for you. But too bad most of us on this forum hates/dislikes it

lol I wasn't even talking about this forum either! Just a look on facebook says it all which did surprise me as I thought they were big filth fans...apparently not. I still see them taking the piss out of the people who don't like it which seems a bit silly as most of these people are actually ravers who pay to see them and not just the 'internet people' who normally slag off the CLXH series. I think guys like Hixxy, Re-con and Technikore will do especially well out of this, which is nice...I'm really hoping that Hixxy gets back into the swing of throwing out tunes, I'd love to hear more from him.

Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  21:13:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:

I thought you were well into that stuff?

I did do a mix with the P&M Our Sound album tracks, but it was for the girlfriend. Shes into that kinda stuff, i say i like it for her :P

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  21:14:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:I don't think a single track on the album has even reached 4 stars on TID

I was the 2nd person to rate all the tracks. Suffice to say, it brought the average crashing down!

I rated a few 3 stars, maybe 1 or 2 higher, most much lower.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  21:21:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:I don't think a single track on the album has even reached 4 stars on TID

I was the 2nd person to rate all the tracks. Suffice to say, it brought the average crashing down!

I rated a few 3 stars, maybe 1 or 2 higher, most much lower.

Nature of the beast...that's what the ratings are there for. Reminded me of some guy in the comments section telling everyone to 'stop slating it if you don't like it' ...What do people like that think the comment section is for? It's the comment box not the 'praise' box lols

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  21:37:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
My first reaction was: "WTF, every tune has this same bass sound and patterns and bassy drops" when I had heard half of CD1... then starting CD2, it was: "WTF, did they accidentally make two copies of CD1 and labelled one CD2!?"...

CD3 is amazing, well many of the tracks are, and why only half Sora Blue!? That tune is the best Hixxy has made for years....... :|

Best tune on CD1 is without doubt "Am I On Your Mind", holy shit that's a nice tune! Also loving "3", that vocal stutter thingy is just mesmerizing and Bright Like The Sun is an excellent tune from Sy & Unknown and possibly the closest thing to UK Hardcore on that CD. :p

CD2... I always loved Tsunami, but Crack It Smack It is probably my fave after first listen. I love the 8bit influences, they sold me. For A Lifetime is bloody amazing too.

CD3! Many great tunes here, some bland ones. Except for Sora Blue, favourites are Feel Alive (amazing energy) and Crash The Party.

My SOUNDCLOUD

DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/17 :  22:15:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
I enjoyed all 3 disc's, my favourite disc has to be styles. But as everyone knows i love this new sound. The only thing i found a tad disappointing was tracks that had already been featured on other albums such as :-

You & I - (Hardcore Heaven Summer Madness)
3 - (P&M Our Sound)
Rock The Club - (P&M Our Sound)
2 Lift Me Up - (P&M Our Sound)
Missing - (P&M Our Sound)
Tsunami - (P&M Our Sound)
High On You - (P&M Our Sound)
Skank In The House - (P&M Our Sound)
Heart Bleeds - (Re-con & Demand - The Album)
Im Sorry - (Re-con & Demand - The Album)

And I think if any track off the P&M album would have been on CXH8 i would have put my life on it that Love Sick Crazy remix would have made it!!

kernowbeat

United Kingdom
32 posts
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  03:28:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kernowbeat's homepage  Reply with quote
ive not heard breezys disc yet but the other two i actually like.

really like the recon and demand tracks plus the darren styles colabs with prospect

Karthy

United Kingdom
337 posts
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  05:01:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karthy's homepage  Reply with quote
After all this commotion, I'm interested in finding out what the top producers are gonna be putting out in 6 months time. I wonder if they'll change back due to all the negative feedback (obviously they'll carry on putting it out for a bit so to not waste unfinished tracks)

I REALLY hope they change their mind, maybe it'll give them all a more objective view on hardcore (as in they almost had a break) and hopefully we'll see some great tracks late this year.

But hey, I'm probably just being too optimistic :D

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  05:51:04  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Sounds the same as 2001 when the raverbaby sound hit the scene, everyone was up in arms about that as well.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  05:55:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
After all this commotion, I'm interested in finding out what the top producers are gonna be putting out in 6 months time. I wonder if they'll change back due to all the negative feedback (obviously they'll carry on putting it out for a bit so to not waste unfinished tracks)

I REALLY hope they change their mind, maybe it'll give them all a more objective view on hardcore (as in they almost had a break) and hopefully we'll see some great tracks late this year.

But hey, I'm probably just being too optimistic :D

"In desperate times, the good lord looks over the flock and chooses one man to inspire the multitude!" ~ Angry Fistings

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  11:43:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Sounds the same as 2001 when the raverbaby sound hit the scene, everyone was up in arms about that as well.

This.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page