Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  12:48:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
Really I make a mockery of the music because it's easy trolling but I don't even find myself caring anymore beyond correcting a few people on forums.

I unfollowed Breeze on twitter ages ago because all he did was retweet every single mention of the word 'Clubland' and when he wasn't doing that he was constantly whinging about 'haters' and how he doesn't like people on forums because they slate his music but fails to realise that discussion and debate is the nature of a forum.

Gammer was slightly better but kept asking the same question "why do they call it dubcore" in various forms, I personally can see exactly why people call it that, but really...who cares? I thought you were producing because you loved it? Surely it shouldn't matter what people compare it to or call it? Either way it was boring and facepalm-worthy and I felt it was somewhat dishonest as I never saw these comments posted on Facebook like his other tweets normally are.

I kept following their Facebook pages for the sake of the music...but at the end of the day I realised neither had really made anything I liked in years and it didn't really seem like that was going to change either. Their "production quality" might be top notch but I find the 'new style' songs to be boring and unimaginitive, so after asking a few questions that I'd always been meaning to ask I eventually stopped following those too.

Really...Hardcore Underground is far more interesting, Freeform is much more fresh, Japanese Hardcore seems to be produced to a much higher standard and watching all the other producers do all kinds of hardcore is exciting and doesn't have half the drama that I see revolving around the big names. People will say "I like filth" or "I like trancy riffs" but really music is music, and the music coming from these other guys is just much much better, regardless of what instruments or sounds it uses.

I know that being a forum user means I'm stereotyped as being a 'non-raver' and therefore I obviously cannot understand, but I was raving long before I joined this forum and the clubland stuff doesn't make me move at all, practically the entire SoCal hardcore scene drove up to see Breeze, Styles and Recon play at Kandieland in Arizona and they ALL said they were confused and disappointed when he played "dubstep" (their words, not mine). I heard at Westfest the "new style" got booed when MC Static asked if people liked it. I'm not trying to say "this music is bad and you shouldn't listen to it" but I think the "ravers love it" retort is definitely blown well out of proportion and you shouldn't have to fool people into listening to your music.

Anyway, take that as you wish - that's pretty much my views on this whole big thing summed up. There's plenty of constructive criticism in there, though no-doubt I'll still recieve a passive-aggressive tweet for not saying something positive...but hey. Cream rises to the top, and if dark, trancy vocal-less freeform can catch the ear of a strictly 90s cheesy Happy Hardcore obsessed candy kid like myself, then I think that speaks volumes.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  17:28:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Honestly you can't really take the opinion of the ravers in the US too seriously as 95% of them are 3 yrs behind (at least) on their knowledge of hardcore. I bet they expected them to play stuff like Save Me instead of the new stuff. Most hardcore djs here play it safe and play what ppl are familiar with.

Even Kevin energy was asked to play it a little safe and he did. Me and my friends made a 12hr drive to see the guy and even though it was great to see him since it was his retirement tour, I wad a little bit disappointed that there was a small showcasing of freeform. But still an incredible two sets!

When Gammer was in my city he mixed it up some old some new and it worked great! Granted he didn't play his most experimental electro and dubish hardcore but he still played some and he just blew everyone's minds away. I do commend hixxy and DS for trying to play the new stuff, but at the same timd they should've known better. It wasn't their first time in ths US.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  18:17:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Honestly you can't really take the opinion of the ravers in the US too seriously as 95% of them are 3 yrs behind (at least) on their knowledge of hardcore. I bet they expected them to play stuff like Save Me instead of the new stuff. Most hardcore djs here play it safe and play what ppl are familiar with.

Even Kevin energy was asked to play it a little safe and he did. Me and my friends made a 12hr drive to see the guy and even though it was great to see him since it was his retirement tour, I wad a little bit disappointed that there was a small showcasing of freeform. But still an incredible two sets!

When Gammer was in my city he mixed it up some old some new and it worked great! Granted he didn't play his most experimental electro and dubish hardcore but he still played some and he just blew everyone's minds away. I do commend hixxy and DS for trying to play the new stuff, but at the same timd they should've known better. It wasn't their first time in ths US.

Yeah I've heard great things about Kevin Energy, he played a cheese set at **** it in LA which was pretty much what everyone wanted to hear. He knows his audience very well. Really as a DJ you need about 3 strategic different tracks if you don't know the audience to test the waters.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  19:13:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

Yeah I've heard great things about Kevin Energy, he played a cheese set at **** it in LA which was pretty much what everyone wanted to hear. He knows his audience very well. Really as a DJ you need about 3 strategic different tracks if you don't know the audience to test the waters.

He posted a 2 min video of his last event in Toronto, and he played Hardcore Fever 2011, and it looked awesome and was received really well.
Really going to miss the guy's music, because he was the best at what he did, by a good mile (or kilometers for the metricists). Shame... I really wish I was involved in the mid 2000's, hearing AMS, Energy, Stormtrooper, Robbie Long all for the first time, it would have been amazing

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  20:09:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
quote:

He posted a 2 min video of his last event in Toronto, and he played Hardcore Fever 2011, and it looked awesome and was received really well.
Really going to miss the guy's music, because he was the best at what he did, by a good mile (or kilometers for the metricists). Shame... I really wish I was involved in the mid 2000's, hearing AMS, Energy, Stormtrooper, Robbie Long all for the first time, it would have been amazing

He ended all of his American sets with hardcore fever as well and yea its a great way for him to have ended his sets.

dno221
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  21:58:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dno221's homepage  Reply with quote
the best clubland album i have heard in a while, nice to see the bignames pushing new styles
hope to hear more like this

DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/18 :  22:03:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by dno221:
the best clubland album i have heard in a while, nice to see the bignames pushing new styles
hope to hear more like this

+1

LoveThaCore

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  05:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LoveThaCore's homepage  Reply with quote
Personally I think a lot of people just slate clubland because it's the in thing to do. I own copies of the latest Clubland Xtreme Hardcore and the latest Hardcore Underground. Both good Cds in their own right.
But to me Clubland sounds a lot more current. I know some people hate the new sound, but at the end of the day it's just another direction Hardcore is taking. And love it or hate it, it sounds current.
Not everyone is going to make music everyone likes. But for Clubland Xteme Hardcore to have reached NUMBER 1 on itunes. It must be doing something right. I don't think any other Hardcore compilation has done that.
And don't start saying yeah it's because it's commercial. There are some very commercial tunes on Hardcore Underground too. Like that cover of U2's with or with out you for a start.

Edited by - LoveThaCore on 2012/01/19 06:13:03
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  06:17:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah it just a magical thing we have to do - to hate and slate Clubland.

Seriously mate the ****ing discussions we've had on this forum and you still haven't ****ing read a single post. Its been made clear WHY we dont like some of the producers or the style of music. Its not something we just do for no reason.

Clubland sits high and pretty at the top of the charts because it cbought its way there. It has the capital to put out a shitty advert and promote it everywhere HU5 cant. Remarkably HU5 is still on average 2 less expensive and it has 1 more CD. Go figure. Its not just the music on there that makes it commercial...

Ive said the same thing over and over again, so Im not going to say it again. Waste of my time. This genre is heading down a slippery slope, and I will watch it **** everything up from afar.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/01/19 06:19:00
LoveThaCore

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  10:05:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LoveThaCore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Seriously mate the ****ing discussions we've had on this forum and you still haven't ****ing read a single post. Its been made clear WHY we dont like some of the producers or the style of music. Its not something we just do for no reason.

Clubland sits high and pretty at the top of the charts because it cbought its way there. It has the capital to put out a shitty advert and promote it everywhere HU5 cant. Remarkably HU5 is still on average 2 less expensive and it has 1 more CD. Go figure. Its not just the music on there that makes it commercial...

Ive said the same thing over and over again, so Im not going to say it again. Waste of my time. This genre is heading down a slippery slope, and I will watch it **** everything up from afar.

LoveThaCore

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  10:17:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LoveThaCore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

hehe Well I'm sorry you just did waste your time with that paragraph.
The only thing it will **** up is the haters like you!! Hopefully they will leave the scene and take their negativity and jadedness somewhere else. And allow all the new generations of ravers to enjoy a genre that is taking the scene by storm and in a fresh direction instead of listening to the same rehashed stuff you like. Yes your jealousy is ****ed up as is your attitude and your welcome to watch from a far as things progress for the better.

LoveThaCore

Australia
39 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  10:37:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LoveThaCore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Sounds the same as 2001 when the raverbaby sound hit the scene, everyone was up in arms about that as well.

Silver you hit the nail on the head man. That's what Ive been trying to say to these people. Everyone was up in arms when Hardcore changed in 1999/2000 to Trance influences. Then people started to love it as the next generation of ravers got into the scene.
This is history repeating, most of these people were too young to remember and have only known the Trance to sound in Hardcore.
Probably in 10 years Hardcore will change again and the next generation of ravers that grow up with electro/dubstep hardcore sound will be complaining. None of them believe me and say it's all short fad. They will find out the hard way I guess lol.

Anyways to all you haters, if music does'nt evolve it dies. If everyone thought like all you people and did'nt allow experimentation, we'd still be listening acid house like it's 1988 and have none of the other great electronic genres of today.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  11:12:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoveThaCore:
quote:
Sounds the same as 2001 when the raverbaby sound hit the scene, everyone was up in arms about that as well.

Silver you hit the nail on the head man. That's what Ive been trying to say to these people. Everyone was up in arms when Hardcore changed in 1999/2000 to Trance influences. Then people started to love it as the next generation of ravers got into the scene.
This is history repeating, most of these people were too young to remember and have only known the Trance to sound in Hardcore.
Probably in 10 years Hardcore will change again and the next generation of ravers that grow up with electro/dubstep hardcore sound will be complaining. None of them believe me and say it's all short fad. They will find out the hard way I guess lol.

Anyways to all you haters, if music does'nt evolve it dies. If everyone thought like all you people and did'nt allow experimentation, we'd still be listening acid house like it's 1988 and have none of the other great electronic genres of today.

What you on about? electro/dub has been in hardcore since 2006, so it has been a slow transition

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  11:24:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoveThaCore:
quote:

I've watched hardcore evolve since i started listening to it at 11 years old man, and i get excited everytime it takes a new direction. I dont have a favourite era, so i dont prefer 96 to 02 or 06 to 11 I just have my favourite bunch of tracks from those years. I've stated many times that hardcore changes & we have had massive debates on here. Heres a post about peoples opinions - http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/search.asp?mode=DoIt

Might want to add your opinion to it??

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  11:31:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
What you on about? electro/dub has been in hardcore since 2006, so it has been a slow transition

yeah, i don't think he's been around for that long if he actually thinks this is a new thing hehe
I loved the trance sound when it came in, and was bowled over when I bought Bonkers 7 when it came out, plus I was so happy that they made another one as there was what felt like an age between bonkers 6 and 7 - it hit my nail on the head! :)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2012/01/19 11:31:52

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page