Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  01:53:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Quote me on saying this is the best thing Gammers done.

Archefluxx at 1.54 4 days ago
POW - quite possibly one of the best hardcore tracks I've ever heard.

Unless "one of the best hardcore tracks" put's itself in a list of a couple hundred or so, which Gammer may have 5-10% of, that is effectively you saying it's either the best thing gammer has done or right next to it. Who's ******** now?

quote:
You're just an arsey consumer, spoilt to the core - The worst kind of person.

I don't even buy my music.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Karthy

United Kingdom
337 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  02:06:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Karthy's homepage  Reply with quote
It seems Gammer's turned into the Lady Gaga of Hardcore... 95% of his tracks spring a 20 page thread on the hhc.com forums, not sure whether he should be proud or ashamed.

It all comes down to taste though, I think a few people on here are forgetting that. When someone states their opinion, you arguing with them to this kind of level is not going to change that, nor is it going to come to a winning conclusion. I understand friendly debates, and I've not been on this forum all that long but I know these threads get way too out of control for such little reasons...

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  02:09:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
It seems Gammer's turned into the Lady Gaga of Hardcore

That is probably the stupidest and most ridiculous thing I have read in this whole thread.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  02:14:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dyzphazia:
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
You need to learn what art is. You have to be an artist to understand it, I guess. You're just an arsey consumer, spoilt to the core - The worst kind of person.

Get your head out of your arse Olly. What the **** are you even on about here? Since when do you 'need to be an artists to understand art'?

In fairness he's right. 'Artists' who more or less live with a permanent cock up their ass consider blue poles to be one of the better paintings of the modern era when it's just blotches of paint on some paper or whatever they use.

Let me refer you to what is currently popular in art

No, I'm not kidding. To get meaning from that shit you really do need to be one of the ****wits who paints this stuff - apparently 'artists'.

A good interpretation of contemporary art
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1x03jgjIQ&t=2m29s

In addition,

Just The Facts
Abstract art has become famous for taking almost no skill.
Not all of it is bad, but most of it is.
Shut up, man! You just don't understand the raw expression of PAIN these guys are expressing!
If you're a really good abstract artist, you're really ****ed up in the head.
If you're a really bad abstract artist, you're also really ****ed up in the head. But in the bad way.
What is abstract art?
Abstract art is usually void of recognizable images. The artist uses random shapes and lines to convey what they are thinking. The crazy ones actually see the entire world like this, but they are the ones who do crazy stuff like throw themselves in a fireplace or stab themselves to death with their big toe.
Abstract art is the most full of shit art movement ever. It is favored by emos and hipsters.

The darker brown section obviously represents the artist's inner turmoil, dark and unwavering, and his many suicidal thoughts. The yellow is a rare glimpse of hope and the will to live, but it fades so quickly, and he soon goes back to a deep depression.
Seriously, people! It's a line. A straight ****ing line. The people who say that there are all kinds of hidden meanings in art are like your old high school English teacher who made you write all of those analytical essays on books too long to read. You know the type.
All in all, anyone can draw some lines on a piece of paper and say it represents the pain of living or unicorns or other BS.
Is abstract art easy to make?
Abstract art requires no knowledge of any of the traditional aspects of art, such as perspective, dimension, recognizable images, etc. So, yes, abstract art is extremely easy to make. Here are some fool-proof steps to creating your own fabulous piece of beauty!
Step One: Paint the canvas your favorite color.
Step Two: And some splashes of your least favorite color.
Step Three: Frame and sell on eBay.
Your favorite color represents your life. The little splotches of your least favorite color represent all of the crap you have to take, but the background is the foundation that reminds you life goes on.
There, you just created something, analyzed it like some Harvard professor, and made a few bucks while you were at it!

Is there actually any good abstract art?
It is hard to find something considered "abstract" and have it actually be something that a talented person made. I went on a journey to see if I could find any. That amazing journey is documented below:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a summer day, scorching and unrelentless. Maybe there was something to this global warming thing after all. I took of my official reproduction Indiana Jones hat to wipe the sweat off my brow, then set it back on my head. It's go time!
"Whew! I finally made it! After all these years, all this searching... it was right in front of me!" I said while looking into the windows of a gleaming Starbucks.
I pushed the door open to a sea of MacBooks, wool sweaters, and thick-rimmed glasses. Perfect.
I decided to venture into this unknown territory to interact with these strange beings... FOR SCIENCE! It was a difficult job, but someone had to do it.
I walked up to one of the gentlemen drinking some type of blended coffee.
"Excuse me, sir, but I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about art." I said a bit tentatively.
"Sure, man, but you probably won't understand a thing I'm talking about, because the art I like is just so underground. Nice hat by the way, it's so ironic!"
"Umm, thank you," I replied, thinking this young man doesn't really have a grasp on irony, "So on to my questions...
"Do you like abstract art?"
"Yeah, of course, man! I just saw this new chick's work, her name is Brummbrumm298, she paints with the blood off of her used tampons. You probably think that's nasty, but it's a girl thing. I only understand because I'm in touch with my feminine side," he smugly replied.
I was severely confused by all of this. "Well, actually, I am a girl--"
"Whoa, eww, my bad!" the hipster interrupted.
I rolled my eyes.
"As I was saying, I'm a girl and I find that disgusting and pointless," I paused for a second, and then decided to continue with my questioning, "So, what do you think of more traditional abstract artists, like Matisse, Mondrian, and the like?"
"No, no, way too mainstream for me. Their art just isn't deep enough, ya know? The meaning is too easy to find. It's like their not even trying. It's gross!"
So know I knew this young man doesn't really have a grip on irony or grossness. Perhaps it was ironic he thought respected artists were gross but not smeared period blood. Oh well, I thought it best to end my study there.
"Well, thank you for your help, I appreciate it!"

Edited by - Lilley on 2012/04/08 02:18:30
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  02:35:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
What we have here is a good track that sounds better than A LOT of what i've heard in ages. The individual elements are fantastic and all meet with my approval.

Yes i'd buy it because it still stands out from some of the utter dross out there, but if the music in general was stronger it'd just be Gammer's new tune.

Hmm. If I'd actually been listening to hardcore for the last couple years I may have liked it compared to how shit people say it's gone.

Regarding the song itself, the opening riff right at the start didn't hold me, I found it quite plain. The top octave piano notes around 30 seconds were pretty cool but that sort of died in the ass. The bass line thoroughly shat me to tears throughout, there was just no power in it at all. This left the main melody to try and hold the energy which it just didn't do. I don't know if it was the synth used or structure of the melody (combination of them I think) but I found no joy or euphoria in it at all. Production sounds excellent, really tight - credit where it's due. But a polished turd is still a turd.

Maybe I don't appreciate art.

Or maybe I know what I like and not going to compromise to listen to and pretend to like comparatively shit music.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  06:08:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Very good track, but sounds really really dated. Like something from 6 years ago.

Would be nice if he made it with a newer trance style riff. Like the tracks Recon and Demand or Sy and Technikore have made together.

Guess that's why it's called Nostalgia, is looking at the past. A step backwards perhaps.

Just a pity it didn't sound like it was from 16 years ago

And i like the track, but i def don't rate it as good as some people have, but as have been said people have different tastes so some will like it more than others

Yeah influences from 1996 like Bouncy Techno or Happy Hardcore with a modern production style would have been great!!

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2012/04/08 07:01:37
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  06:21:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
does it really sound like stuff from 6 years ago? I can't think of much from then that would be similar.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  06:37:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Just listen to the Essential Platinums and Raver Babys from then. All had that old stringy sound. Hixxy still does it too which I don't know why.

The newer Trance stuff is more crisp and sharp. All a matter of taste at the end of the day though. I know there are people on here that love it and want it to stay like that forever.
I'm just not one of them, I always like new ideas and experimentation:)

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  06:47:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I want my music to sound like they just came out of an MOD-tracker on an Amiga 500

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  11:39:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Just listen to the Essential Platinums and Raver Babys from then. All had that old stringy sound. Hixxy still does it too which I don't know why.

The newer Trance stuff is more crisp and sharp. All a matter of taste at the end of the day though. I know there are people on here that love it and want it to stay like that forever.
I'm just not one of them, I always like new ideas and experimentation:)

Hardcore will never return too or sound like 2004 ever again. "Improved" production has seen to that.

The warmth that them tracks back then had is hard to achieve now.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  14:39:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Check the year I joined this forum. After you've done that, name me some tracks from 06-07 that sounded similar to this.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  18:42:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote

This sold for 1.7 million dollars.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Edited by - Dys7 on 2012/04/08 18:43:50
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/08 :  19:03:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:

This sold for 1.7 million dollars.

Ah yes, Duchamp's The Fountain. Surprisingly the one that sold for 1.7 million was a replica and not an original. The original has been lost.

I can see why something like that could go for so much. It helped bring about a new age in avant garde painting, and defied a lot of what can be considered are and what doesn't.

Personally I think Suprematism was way more ridiculous than The Fountain

Dyzphazia

United Kingdom
73 posts
Posted - 2012/04/09 :  09:00:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dyzphazia's homepage  Reply with quote
art/rt/
Noun:
The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination

Not exclusively visual...

http://www.facebook.com/Dyzphazia
http://muntedmonthly.wordpress.com

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2012/04/09 :  09:14:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Good track, not a patch on Bassik, or We're Coming Hardcore..but its pretty good! This nearly went on ReBuild but he took it back at the last minute!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page