Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  08:16:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Sigh...

I dont know why I ever bother with this forum. I honestly believe that people like lurker and Breakbeat Jon don't know what they're talking about, but Lilley's just an idiot.

Wish I hadnt said anything, but it annoys me when people play blissful ignorance to what this tune is all about. I've seen endless conversation on Clubland threads and such about this genre dying, events being cancelled and the music going stale... When arguably the biggest artist releases a track that is reminiscent of the way Hardcore used to sound, and releases a track because people still like the style, it rubs on me that people dismiss it straight away on here.

I've never been the target of negative critisism. Other than a "pokemon music" comment or a cheap remark from someone doing it for the hell of it, I've never had someone say that my stuff is bad. I wouldnt react badly to someone not enjoying the track, but I'd be insulted if someone said they'd leave and wee during my particular track or if I track that I put time, effort and emotion into was lifeless.

Music is an art, I can empathise that Gammer has released a very good melodic tune that falls outside of the industry's trend. Its more art than most music released for the pure interest of money that we've seen happen frequently recently. As a musician and an artist, I feel bad that someone who's done a track for the people who've complained about the music being released today still has people hating it. I'm also surprised that people like Lilley don't even praise Gammer for listening to what people want. He's done something that I dont see other big names doing - and that's catering for everyone.

As far as my conduct goes, yeah I went off on one. Sorry for calling people tone deaf, but I genuinely feel people are too narrow sighted on here. Look at the bigger picture. A big melodic tune has been released that will be colossal on the dancefloor. If you complain about the state of hardcore that it's in now, and your not a fan of the current sound, you should be liking this tune anyway, in effort to encourage the scene moving back to the happier melodic stuff - even if you hate it.
If you're stuck in the past, completely wrapped up in older hardcore, why did you even bother listening? If you set the standard according to your favourite tunes from 10 years ago, its unfair to compare a track from today with all the changes in style to productions of 10 years ago. You may as well keep listening to what you enjoy, because the music has moved on. If you want an opinion on newer hardcore, why the hell dont you make it a constructive one... If you dont like this, why not? Instead of saying its "shit" and that you'd go and "take a piss" during the breakdown.

For someone like Lilley to go and leave an idol post stating what art is and how to make it, it suprises me that all he can say about Nostalgia is that its shit. If all you care about is older hardcore, buy some old Bonkers albums and go troll some more on 4chan or something. You're opinion is hardly welcome on a forum that discusses newer hardcore.

Come on... this is a community - and the last big hardcore one at that, and if you troll and hate with unconstructive posts and single word descriptions, you can expect some competition from me.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  08:25:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
hehe oh my.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  10:21:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
What? We're not allowed to use one-liners now?

To be honest, if you wish to be quoted saying "this is the best thing gammer has done", then you haven't heard much gammer.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  12:16:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
I think this really boils down to "Stop not liking what I like".

Olly, "the way hardcore used to be" is entirely subjective. When I think of 2004-2008 Gammer hardcore I think of the cheesy happy vocal tracks such as "All The Tears I've Cried", clearly when you think of that era, you remember the euphoric, trancy riff tracks with big breakdowns.

Neither of these is wrong or right, they're just different. When I saw the name "Nostalgia" I was expecting a vocalish track, when I heard it was a euphoric breakdown I just thought "Oh, this is Nostalgia for the people who liked the euphoric breakdown riff tracks, that'll make someone out there happy." and that was it. As it goes I'm not really a massive fan of the song, but that's alright because loads of people are loving it and it's undoubtedly hardcore.

I wouldn't really say it's "art" as strongly as you're implying though, good for you if you can find some deep meaning in it; but at the end of the day it's a dancefloor track for raves, not OK Computer or Dark Side of the Moon.

Dyzphazia

United Kingdom
73 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  13:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dyzphazia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
I wouldn't really say it's "art" as strongly as you're implying though, good for you if you can find some deep meaning in it; but at the end of the day it's a dancefloor track for raves, not OK Computer or Dark Side of the Moon.

I like you.

End of the day, it's a 'pretty' track made for people who are ****ed out of their skull to chew their faces off and tell each other they're loved up to. Either that or start fights, depending on the rave.

If you're looking for emotive dance music, I think you need to start listening to Trance more :)

http://www.facebook.com/Dyzphazia
http://muntedmonthly.wordpress.com

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  14:21:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Sigh...

I dont know why I ever bother with this forum. I honestly believe that people like lurker and Breakbeat Jon don't know what they're talking about, but Lilley's just an idiot.

That he is, no argument from me.

quote:
I've never been the target of negative critisism. Really? Does zonkers sound familiar? Also, didn't you state 4chan went after you over one of your tracks on utoob? Other than a "pokemon music" comment or a cheap remark from someone doing it for the hell of it, I've never had someone say that my stuff is bad. I wouldnt react badly to someone not enjoying the track, but I'd be insulted if someone said they'd leave and wee during my particular track or if I track that I put time, effort and emotion into was lifeless.

Here's a clue chump. You can put as much time effort and emotion into something and still have it turn out like a dog's breakfast vomit. If someone doesn't like something you've done and thinks it is worthless, build your bridge and get over it. Having hung ups the way you do is up there with the best possible ways to get ****ed over in life. Get dropped from the swimming team? Get over it mate, life doesn't owe you shit.

quote:
Come on... this is a community - and the last big hardcore one at that, and if you troll and hate with unconstructive posts and single word descriptions, you can expect some competition from me.

That scares me.

quote:
As far as my conduct goes, yeah I went off on one. Sorry for calling people tone deaf,

If you dont like this, why not? Instead of saying its "shit" and that you'd go and "take a piss" during the breakdown.

I'm also surprised that people like Lilley don't even praise Gammer for listening to what people want. He's done something that I dont see other big names doing - and that's catering for everyone.

For someone like Lilley to go and leave an idol post stating what art is and how to make it, it suprises me that all he can say about Nostalgia is that its shit. If all you care about is older hardcore, buy some old Bonkers albums and go troll some more on 4chan or something. You're opinion is hardly welcome on a forum that discusses newer hardcore.

You know, for several of the years that I've had no interest in hardcore at it's currently then state, I'll quite happily dismiss tracks that I don't like without comment or even expecting any different. Hell, often a month or more will pass without me even venturing into the hardcore forum. This track is no different. What was different was... you. You carried on like a three inch wide arsehole that'd been ****ed red and bleeding with tears all around and finally all the shit and come was dribbling out. No one would have thought you were 22 or however old you think you are with all that shit dribbling down your gooch. Carrying on like a petulant child. So I went after you, not gammer, you. And didn't you just bite spectacularly.

Now after all that's said and done, I'll happily accept your apology and say no more on the matter.

Edited by - Lilley on 2012/04/11 14:22:16
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  14:26:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dyzphazia:
If you're looking for emotive dance music, I think you need to start listening to Trance more :)

Shit no. 93 era techno/hard trance is where to go.

Tastetherainobw

United States
105 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  14:56:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage  Reply with quote
LOVE LOVE LOOOOVVVEEEEE!!!!
Makes my ears happy!

Tastetherainobw

United States
105 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  15:00:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
What? We're not allowed to use one-liners now?

To be honest, if you wish to be quoted saying "this is the best thing gammer has done", then you haven't heard much gammer.

Damn Straight!

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  18:25:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
Another "respectable music" discussion, damn.

Man, I used to argument and fight regarding about respect toward music. It was all pointless. People heavily disrespecting a track or hating it for being created by a big name has always existed and will always exist. Rough and rude reckless comments too. Meh, nobody is perfect anyway.
Don't waste your time, Archefluxx. People don't change easily, and they are less likely to change if you tell them to.

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2012/04/11 18:26:04
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  18:39:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
cruelcore, stop it. Now you're just making things worse.

Archefluxx started the bloody fight on this thread, and now he returns to it by calling us idiots, and at the same time appologizing for calling the first posters deaf. Contradicting SOB, is all I can be bothered to think.

Gammer makes stuff I like, and Gammer makes stuff I hate, there is no Artist, no matter how famous or unknown he or she is, that I like completely. There's no way anyone can like 100% of anything.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/04/11 18:45:16
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  19:03:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Archefluxx started the bloody fight on this thread, and now he returns to it by calling us idiots, and at the same time appologizing for calling the first posters deaf. Contradicting SOB, is all I can be bothered to think.

Oh look Samination is trying to pacify a thread, and condemn someone of starting a fight on a forum. Ironic, because its Samination.

And Lilley? you say Im talking a load of crap, but what the hell was that last paragraph? You essentially tell me to act my age, on the back of that previous comment...

All the while you are still basically trolling and hating because you continue to slate the track without any actual reason why.

I dont even think this is a discussion about the music anymore. Your last post was an obvious personal attack on me, which I think is quite pathetic. I've obviously hit a nerve, especially as you feel the need to use the most disgusting simile Ive ever read, and then ironically questioned my age..

Did I get dropped from the swimming club? No, is the simple answer there, I swam at an open for the uni last month.

Glad you've accepted my apology. I'm glad you've muted yourself.

And for anyone that questions me not respecting opinions... Single word descriptions of tracks and nonconstructive trash does not qualify as an "opinion". If you're going to say something at least back it up with a reason, because in my eyes and many other's eyes, its classed and hating or trolling for the hell of it.. And that's probably why no one ever listens to you..

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/04/11 19:06:50
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  19:32:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote

Edited by - Triquatra on 2012/04/11 19:33:15
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  20:01:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Oh look Samination is trying to pacify a thread, and condemn someone of starting a fight on a forum. Ironic, because its Samination.

lol exactly the same thing I thought when I saw that post.

Semenation you are the one least experienced and reliable to make a point concerning ethics and morals on this site.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2012/04/11 :  21:24:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
And Lilley? you say Im talking a load of crap, but what the hell was that last paragraph? You essentially tell me to act my age, on the back of that previous comment...

Not essentially, exactly. I've watched three year olds have their lollipops taken away and complained about it less than you have been whining here.
quote:
All the while you are still basically trolling and hating because you continue to slate the track without any actual reason why.

sigh. I refer you to my previous post.
"I'll quite happily dismiss tracks that I don't like without comment or even expecting any different. This track is no different."
quote:
I dont even think this is a discussion about the music anymore. Your last post was an obvious personal attack on me, which I think is quite pathetic.

How ironic. You can't even see it can you?
quote:
I've obviously hit a nerve, especially as you feel the need to use the most disgusting simile Ive ever read, and then ironically questioned my age..

It is particularly suitable to the situation, a rather concise summation really.
quote:
Did I get dropped from the swimming club? No, is the simple answer there, I swam at an open for the uni last month.

Good for you bucko. Actually in fairness I got this wrong. You didn't get made captain so you took your bat and ball and cried up a storm.

quote:
And for anyone that questions me not respecting opinions... Single word descriptions of tracks and nonconstructive trash does not qualify as an "opinion". If you're going to say something at least back it up with a reason, because in my eyes and many other's eyes, its classed and hating or trolling for the hell of it.. And that's probably why no one ever listens to you..

Cut me deep man.
If a future boss ever tells you your work is shit, be sure to carry on like you have here. I'm sure you will convince him otherwise.

You remind me of a two legged elephant called tenderfoot.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page