Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/03/19 :  14:13:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
To be fair, you did say (somewhere) that preorders help you decide how many to press...

^^

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/19 :  15:26:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
They did.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/03/19 :  18:25:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
They did.

CDJay

Well...good! haha, guess it's no drama then, still think it's a bit weird that he doesn't wanna promote it, especially considering how much other shite he posts, still, each to their own

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/03/20 :  21:18:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
Dougal played at the barn either the weekend just gone or the one before and is interviewed by Jon brown, he asks Dougal about the album which he just kinda says it's there work over the last ten years then goes on to say there will more likely be a Dougal and gammer artist album of all new bits later in the year, with collabs with Darren styles etc.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/03/21 :  12:22:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Dougal played at the barn either the weekend just gone or the one before and is interviewed by Jon brown, he asks Dougal about the album which he just kinda says it's there work over the last ten years then goes on to say there will more likely be a Dougal and gammer artist album of all new bits later in the year, with collabs with Darren styles etc.

Very interesting man! That'd be good.

Who is Jon Brown, by the way? I follow him on SoundCloud and read his reviews and all that jazz. Is he just like a floating journalist within the scene, or does he have an affiliation with one of the big brands?

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/03/21 :  12:40:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:

Very interesting man! That'd be good.

Who is Jon Brown, by the way? I follow him on SoundCloud and read his reviews and all that jazz. Is he just like a floating journalist within the scene, or does he have an affiliation with one of the big brands?

Agreed this would be great.

I think he's just a floating journalist, seen a few of his interviews and also follow him on soundcloud

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/03/21 :  21:18:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
Not to sure what he does exactly but he has hosted things for htid like the model competition at there weekenders and stuff, kind of like a presenter type person, there is an interview of him with Jordan on the net, but think he does a lot for the scene, not sure what though haha !!

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/03/24 :  11:11:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
When I saw JB get mentioned, it reminded me of this...

http://youtu.be/x9z8U1jIbEk

It's not JB in the video, though!

Re: the D&G album, I hope the mix CD is good old-fashioned Dougal-style mixing. I'm not a fan of Gammer's mixing nowadays - I can see the talent but I find it to be a bit too choppy and 'stop-starty'.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/03/24 :  12:42:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
When I saw JB get mentioned, it reminded me of this...

http://youtu.be/x9z8U1jIbEk

It's not JB in the video, though!

Re: the D&G album, I hope the mix CD is good old-fashioned Dougal-style mixing. I'm not a fan of Gammer's mixing nowadays - I can see the talent but I find it to be a bit too choppy and 'stop-starty'.

I think it is, if you listen to the HU podcast #5 it has a guestmix which is a snippet of the mix they've made for the album. The mix appears smooth with no choppy, stop-starty mixing evident.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/03/24 :  13:59:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Agreed, he's very talented on the decks but I find it quite annoying when he's playing live. Just when you think a great tune is about to kick in he'll mix it into something else. Frustrating.
Dougal is just no nonsense basic mixing but he does it very well.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/03/24 :  23:46:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Dougal is just no nonsense basic mixing but he does it very well.

He does. It's the best way to mix hardcore. Seduction was always good at mixing this way, too. Come to think of it, Sy's style was pretty good, too... You'd have little time to hear the incoming tune but once it dropped it was there to bop to!

Whatever the outcome, though (with the D&G album), I'm sure it'll be a good investment! I just wanted to give my two pennies' worth.

Edited by - Mickey Init on 2014/03/25 00:34:09
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/03/25 :  01:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm all for the trickery and creative mixing, as long as you can do it well. Obviously if absolutely everyone was doing it, well or otherwise, then it wouldn't have the same impact, but it's nice that at least someone is doing something a bit different every now and then. I can understand the frustration people have with this style of mixing, and it is better kept to relatively short mixes of half an hour or so, but I love to hear it, and see it, too.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/03/26 :  19:08:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page
4 mins ?
Yas!!! Dougal and Gammer album

^ hurrah. No actual information on how to get it or anything, but it's something! :D

edit: i've furnished the horde with the information on where to get it ;D

Edited by - arpz on 2014/03/26 19:11:31
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/27 :  00:45:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page
4 mins ?
Yas!!! Dougal and Gammer album

^ hurrah. No actual information on how to get it or anything, but it's something! :D

edit: i've furnished the horde with the information on where to get it ;D

Yea that's ridiculous that the most essential info on purchasing the album was left out. And look how EXTREMELY clueless his fan base was about this album!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2014/03/27 :  06:41:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
It's truly ridiculous, not at all surprising though. I don't understand how people can be SO enthusiastic about something ("NEED!", "How do i get this now? must have" etc) yet not know anything about it at the same time.

Now obviously Gammer hasn't done anything at all to fix that, but you would expect that people that would get that excited about an album would know a few other sources of info for news etc.

Why the hell would Gammer not leave the information? It's truly incredible, even now he hasn't corrected/updated anything in that post. I really want some sort of idea as to wtf has gone through his head! I was all like 'yeah whatever, fair enough' a page ago but seeing him 'promote' it in such a piss poor way has left me stunned again. It's currently easier to find out about a 3 month old free mix (#Qwerkout) from his facebook page than it is to find out about his album that released TODAY. That #qwerkout thing had what you could almost describe as a 'marketing campaign' lavished on it with all the secret build up etc so why on earth could this man not even manage to post a URL to purchase his album?

gah.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page