Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Chris Unknown announcement
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  11:37:08  Show profile Send a private message
here is Unknowns official announcement regarding the DJ Sy stuff..... so here we have it... i actually stuck up for sy many times but i will no longer listen to any of his stuff at all until he atleast tries to clear his name but as it stands hes on the sex offenders register until he actually proves that he isnt.... you dont go on sex offenders register for a minor offence

https://www.facebook.com/chrisunknown/posts/10153988750190511?comment_id=47841595¬if_t=like

Chris Sargent
1 hr ?
Many of you have raised your concerns with me about the apparent split in the hardcore scene and some animosity between certain DJ?s/Mc?s and one particular DJ.
The hardcore scene has been a huge part of me for over 20 years and my decision to remain silent has been solely to protect ?the way of life? we love. Listening to many of you, I fear however that this approach risks harming the unity I am trying so hard to protect. So IT IS TIME to set the record straight about why we no longer work together and you may understand why others that know the detail feel the same way.
When I discovered through a friend in November 2012 that this prominent DJ had a criminal conviction and was listed on the sex offenders? register, I was shocked and alarmed. What had he done, what did it mean for our music, the record label and our followers, did I really know the person I had worked with daily for the past 20 years?
I was initially angry, but as a loyal person I couldn?t turn my back on someone I considered not only a business associate but also a friend. As a result I recommended he posted a statement online to limit the damage, which he did and then I sought to identify the facts. As you can imagine I had a number of questions and concerns, including:
? What was he guilty of?
? Had some of the odd behaviour over the years been linked to some criminal activity that could impact the scene?
? Why the ?minor? offence he claimed he had committed required his home and the studio to be dawn raided in 2007 by police?
? Why he had a travel ban to certain countries?
The story just didn?t add-up and as a parent, with the studio in my home I needed to be certain of the truth as I could no longer trust him.
And so those close to him made one simple request - SHARE WITH US A FULL CRIMINAL RECORD BUREAU REPORT (CRB) SO WE CAN BE CERTAIN THAT HIS CLAIM OF AN ?INNOCENT MISTAKE? LEADING TO A MINOR CRIMINAL CONVICTION THAT ?SOME PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND? was full and accurate.
He has REFUSED to provide this CRB. In essence, he was willing to walk away from the scene ?he loves? rather than provide evidence that he has nothing to hide, and that just blows my mind.
Four-months before the conviction was made public and became known to me, his behaviour turned increasingly odd. One day in July 2012 he visited me at home aggressively accusing me of ?being up to something? and stated he no longer wanted to work with me. He later admitted that his behaviour was due to his ?paranoia? fuelled by concerns that he would be ?found out?. It was ultimately his decision at this point to walk away from a 20 year friendship and working relationship.
Some 18 months on, a long-standing friendship is over and no-one is more disappointed about that than me, we no longer work together and I have had to re-establish a label and my reputation, making sure I am not affiliated with him in any way.
I don?t know what he has done, no one does but him and I am certainly NOT accusing him of anything. Because of his actions and refusal to offer any proof for his explanation of events I have decided I want nothing more to do with him.
By speaking out now I risk a lot but the constant speculation is toxic for us all. I am proud of the music we created together and the joy we gave to others in the scene but I am disgusted by him and his actions.
I have spoken out now because every time I am asked about what went on, it casts a dark shadow over everything we are doing to move past this. All I ask is that people stop reminding me of these terrible events and we get back to what we all love and what we as Ravers are known for... P.L.U.R.
I will not comment on this matter again, we have to move on......
IT'S TIME.

Alert moderator
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  11:57:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Maybe we should call him..

..DJ SLY

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:04:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
hes defo got something to hide...

he should only be booked for under 18s and not be able to perform unless he does a CRB as its law to have one to work with under 18s - i had to have one when i worked in a family bar :) chances are he wont sign the required form that is needed for an enhanced one.... is there actually a way to check if someone is on the sex offenders register?

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:09:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
anyone with kids who live near Sy could try this?

https://www.gov.uk/find-out-if-a-person-has-a-record-for-child-sexual-offences

should clear up the situation

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:11:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
an unknowing Unknown not knowing what's going on

Edited by - Elipton on 2014/04/02 12:51:59
HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:14:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage
But his name doesn't appear on the sex offenders register though?

I dunno. Certainly doesn't look good, but certainly doesn't confirm anything.

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:17:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
But his name doesn't appear on the sex offenders register though?

I dunno. Certainly doesn't look good, but certainly doesn't confirm anything.

how do you know? theres no way to check unless you have a CRB done which it will be included on an enchanced one coz everything is.... if you manage to get a copy of his criminal record... bribe his solicitor maybe or raid his house coz when you go to court you can easily get a copy i've had my criminal record in full a few times whne i've been court... or my asking the police if u have kids and live in the surrounding area like it say s in that link

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:24:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
look at this picture lmao how ironic hahahaha weird how the adverts pop up and collection information off this forum hahah

http://t.co/byCuVdz9qA

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  12:53:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage

You should be on some kind of register for a Twitter pic like that xD

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  13:19:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:

ur only jealous

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  13:47:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
He hasn't told us anything new. We knew about the country bans when all this happened. If I remember correctly, those bans were lifted. And maybe I'm remembering him wrong, but he was on the sex offender list originally, but not anymore. Perhaps some of the old posts on here have any of that info again.

And if he's still on the sex offender's list, can't you look him up by his actual name, or even look him up by area of residency? I know we have at least the ability to check by city here in Texas, and I think all of the US.

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  13:54:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
He hasn't told us anything new. We knew about the country bans when all this happened. If I remember correctly, those bans were lifted. And maybe I'm remembering him wrong, but he was on the sex offender list originally, but not anymore. Perhaps some of the old posts on here have any of that info again.

And if he's still on the sex offender's list, can't you look him up by his actual name, or even look him up by area of residency? I know we have at least the ability to check by city here in Texas, and I think all of the US.

this isnt available in the uk

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  15:24:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
quote:

ur only jealous

Doesnt he Captain the Starship Enterprise ?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  15:35:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
quote:

ur only jealous

Yes, but he's since retired to manage the X-men

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  15:37:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:
quote:
quote:

ur only jealous

Yes, but he's since retired to manage the X-men

Never insult the great Patrick Stewart by comparing him with whatever that is!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  15:41:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Sy's reply makes interesting reading.

The plot thickens!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page