of 5

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  16:49:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
One thing that really annoys me is when a DJ ends a good happy or freeform set with gabber or gabbery sounding tracks (like on Scott Brown's Bonkers mixes). While there are a few gabber tunes that I like, for the most part I don't like gabber and having it at the end of a set kills the energy for me.

I also can't stand good tracks that are ruined with gabbery breakdowns, like "You Better Run" by Frisky & Hujib, or so many others the Next Generation Collection albums.

There are two things that annoy me in mixes as well. I don't like it when DJs try to squeeze 30 tracks into a mix, so you only get about 1:30 of some tracks (which too often are the ones I really like). I like to hear them, and by the time one track really gets going it's already on its way out. The other thing I don't like is when the last track in the mix fades out, even though there are 8-10 minutes left on the CD and they could've let the last track play out. This is a small detail though and not a huge complaint.

agreed. i would seriously always prefer finishing on some crazy euphoric vocal banger or the like
some people love to go apeshit and lose it to gabber at the very end though i guess :p

I hate it when people keep playin the same stuff for a whole hour.

'Nuff Said!

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  17:47:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Overuse of sidechain compression. Dont get me wrong, it definitely has its place & I like the effect. However white noise breakdowns that drag on for around 10secs with the side chain effect is a bit dull after a while.

You had a phase where you used to grow really tired of vocal stuttering too. Is that still a quirk?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  18:15:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Overuse of sidechain compression. Dont get me wrong, it definitely has its place & I like the effect. However white noise breakdowns that drag on for around 10secs with the side chain effect is a bit dull after a while.

You had a phase where you used to grow really tired of vocal stuttering too. Is that still a quirk?

Ah yes, that can be annoying. It seems to be the norm now.

I dont want to come across too harsh though. Stuttering vocalists certainly have a place in the scene. Its not their fault they have speech troubles & should be applauded for effort alone :)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  18:49:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

Y y y y y y y y ye ye ye ye yeyeyeyeyeyeye yes.

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  19:24:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
Weird length phrases or a chorus that's like a phrase and a half long. The most recent culprit of the latter than I can remember is Dougal & Gammer - Burn. The damn chorus is 24 bars long. That's just stupid at that point. Make it 16 or 32, I don't care, but stop trying to force DJs to play out your entire track because you know what? I know how to use Audacity, and if I want to play your track bad enough, I'll just clip out the stupid section anyways.

A completely separate annoyance I have is that record break sound that a lot of EDM producers put at the end of synths. Even used sparingly, it's tired and played out at this point, and when overused it can completely ruin the track. Just tired of that trend.

Edited by - Bad Corey on 2015/03/03 19:26:44
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  19:32:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
record break?

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  19:38:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
'Scuse me, I meant record brake. Those things make terrible rotors for your car.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  19:51:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
record break?

Nice to see those copies of Wham bam being put to good use

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  20:08:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
LOL! :D

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  20:40:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
record break?

Nice to see those copies of Wham bam being put to good use

YOU DIE FOR THAT COMMENT!!!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  21:03:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Rather die than listen to that abomination again!

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  22:01:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
Almost every effect overused gives your ears cancer. But the 'spinning down' surely is one of the top runners for cheap producing as some DJs think the flanger is a good effect for usage ... everywhere.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  22:31:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Now that i think about it i think only Americans like Wham Bam. And Triquatra spent long enough in the US to for him to also like it.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  23:08:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
hahaha, it's a good theory!

But wham bam has been a beast of a track since long before I moved there! :P

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/03 :  23:58:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
For me wham bam is just pure nostalgia! Its utter cheese of the highest order & I hate myself for liking it, I shouldn't like it! But I do! Does that make me a bad person? :(

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page