of 8

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/06/25 :  19:41:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
**Important - Pre-Orders Please Read**

Despite our most determined efforts, we unfortunately have to once again announce a delay in the delivery of the latest batch of albums. Even with our very best efforts, we were not able to obtain all of the correct / necessary information and audio from Lethal Theory in the agreed timeframe after discovering various errors in both CD content and artwork when supplied for manufacture. We apologise profusely for the delay, and know full well that the fact that the situation is completely beyond our control is scant conciliation to those of you waiting for albums you've already paid for. We were hoping that our manufacturers, who move heaven and Earth for us on a regular basis, would be able to speed up production and potentially have albums sooner than we feared, however it has now been confirmed that they will take about the same time as usual, meaning we will not be able to ship completed products out for a further ten days or so from now.?

We're fully aware that as a store, and indeed an industry, all of us as labels are privileged to have such supportive and fervent followers as you, who put your hand in your pocket time and again to SUPPORT the music you love, and buy CD albums when you could so easily steal from us all. We love you all for that and it's very frustrating for us when errors occur with the materials we are sent and we aren't able to immediately sort out problems. In this situation it was beyond our control, and indeed beyond Lethal Theory's control that we could get the necessary alterations / changes made in time. It's the age old argument we've put forward before; that we'd rather what you got in the end was RIGHT, and not a lesser product than you believed you were getting. That is at least now a compromise we don't have to make.?

In future, we will NOT be pre-selling any album releases on any label (including our own) until all of the materials needed for manufacture have been checked, triple checked, and verified. That way we can hopefully avoid this situation again.?

We thank you all for your patience. Those of you who in the UK who have pre-ordered albums along with other releases will find that those items of yours which we DO have in stock have now been sent out to you, your pre-orders will follow. We can't realistically do this for international customers, as we already subsidise the cost, but shall endeavour to add something to relevant orders when they *do* ship. We did want to announce this as soon as we knew there would be "a delay", but figured you'd rather have a better idea of exactly how much rather than a "we're trying to hurry it along, so dunno m8" kind of response. Not typical of the professional and efficient service we strive to provide for you. For your support and continued patience, we thank you.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/06/25 :  20:51:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/06/27 :  17:59:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
would more releases from HU that are HU; stop this from happening? :p

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/06/27 :  19:09:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Absolutely, our internal releases quite literally never slip at this point. If there's an issue we can rectify it easily, as it's... internal.

(Please, please don't let that come back to bite me next batch )

Ultimately, however people want to take things, we're essentially a distributor and store at this point. We have the power to let things go to press when *we* realise they're broken, absolutely, but refuse to. Beyond that we're at the mercy of third parties, and *believe* me when I say we already do far more of the splitting/verifying/formatting than any is industry standard.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/06/27 :  21:02:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
So other labels are taking the piss then? ;-)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/06/27 :  21:43:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Not exactly; it's a misalignment of expectation. I don't really, truly, think anyone outside our loop knows the "hoop jumping course" required to get a product out and steady. We'll work better with our partners, and berate where need be, in order to smooth things going forward [;)[

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/06/27 :  21:52:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I think that's needed sometimes. I'm sure most of us are quilt of taking more than we give on occasion, and having an outlet as helpful as HU might attract those who expect too much

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/06/28 :  18:36:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Absolutely, our internal releases quite literally never slip at this point. If there's an issue we can rectify it easily, as it's... internal.

(Please, please don't let that come back to bite me next batch )

Ultimately, however people want to take things, we're essentially a distributor and store at this point. We have the power to let things go to press when *we* realise they're broken, absolutely, but refuse to. Beyond that we're at the mercy of third parties, and *believe* me when I say we already do far more of the splitting/verifying/formatting than any is industry standard.

CDJay

CDJay for president

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/06/28 :  19:40:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
If we didn't have HU, very little music would get to us so I am thankful

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/07/25 :  20:29:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Must say that is disappointing about the sharkey album, would of been great if it came out, but probably even more disappointing is the way he went about it, not even saying anything or hearing from him in months! but ah well, not going to happen now, and he's only got himself to blame

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page