Total online 2011
 Radio listeners 166+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 3 Internet Commercial?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
CrushOnHardcore Something like an internet commercial(?) can be seen on:

www.myspace.com/djdarrenstyles

Check it out, its pretty cool, and you can hear some tunes already.
makingmusic just seen it on the hits channel. regardless of which comp series is the best, i have to say AATW do way longer commercials, which makes all the difference! why don't the NATIONS and HEAVENS - which i prefer - spend the extra? although i've heard it's expensive and AATW are probably loaded. so in theory i've answered my own question!!
jenks Hardcore Nation adverts are really long, I think they put out two versions though including a shorter one...

*edit*

I'm pretty impressed, very good video... althought the 'hardest fastest album of the year' bit made me chuckle
Gav001 http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1516083594

Theres a direct link...

The Part where the DJ's are hypin the album was a bit cheesy lol but over all great vid! Will be gettin this as soon as i can :)
makingmusic
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Hardcore Nation adverts are really long, I think they put out two versions though including a shorter one...

*edit*

I'm pretty impressed, very good video... althought the 'hardest fastest album of the year' bit made me chuckle

they only show the extended one late at night when it's probably cheaper. i've only ever seen the 10 sec one and i was scared to blink while it was on. HCH4 i never seen once!! they always show 'the long' clubland at peak hours and it's in your face all the time. AATW deffo market more vigourisly. drat

Uproar They only show the really long adverts on digital music channel like The Box and The Music Factory.
Sk8SiM Sorry but... Can someone give me the address of raverbaby... just so i can walk in and shot everyone!

"the best hardcore album around"

WHAT!!!! - ****ING CHEAK!!!
if you go to almost every hardcore forum on the net, it has nothing but bad remarks... before its even hit the stores!

Man - thats really pissed me off!

oh... and its funny as **** looking at all the little slappers and bumboys going "yeah man... clubland!!!" - jesus ****ing crist! - There the type of people comps like that bring into this scene! jesus! i said it all along... never thought i'd be watching it on tv! ahahaha! - thats funny!"
whittle1 Lookin' very nice
HARRIBO
quote:
Originally posted by Sk8SiM:
oh... and its funny as **** looking at all the little slappers and bumboys going "yeah man... clubland!!!" - jesus ****ing crist! - There the type of people comps like that bring into this scene! jesus! i said it all along... never thought i'd be watching it on tv! ahahaha! - thats funny!"

isnt this what happens at some raves? apart from the loving clubland bit:P

as for them saying its the best around its clled marketing:)
The Doc I'm just reaching for my dairylee sandwhich packed lovingly in my wifes HANDBAG!
95_was_the_time the trashy binge drinking woman (yeah, do you think I'm gonna call them 'ladies'??) on that advert don't only make the hardcore scene look shit but if anyone outside the UK saw that ad - WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!

and storm blagging it to be the best hardcore album ever? seriously die. I listen to bonkers 1&2, that's like a decade old and it is alot more fun/whacky/harder/underground experience to listen to. a DECADE OLD STORM!!! you ****ing listening??? Or did clubland pay you ££££££££ to say that?
Underloop Geez, its an advert fro crying out loud. The clubland CDs are aimed at 15-20 year olds, and as such that is who the ad is aimed at, and it fits in with the mass market in this age group. And yes, Breeze, Hixxy, Storm et al were all paid to say that its a commercial for crying out loud!!!..... you think that Jennifer Aniston really liked Loreal hair products so much that she decided to go on ads for free and big them up "because your worth it!". Its there to sell as many products as they can - and it will because its tapping in to the younger clubbing generations.

Anyway, I've just heard that AATW have taken these comments into account and they have now changed teh ad to feature more "lost the plot" ravers, some OAPs (DMS) plus some chaps dressed up in fancy dress. Hixxy and Storm now say "yeah, the albums alright but its not as good as Bonkers 1&2" and the kids all shout "Clublands shite".

Smoogie
quote:
Sorry but... Can someone give me the address of raverbaby... just so i can walk in and shot everyone!

"the best hardcore album around"

WHAT!!!! - ****ING CHEAK!!!
if you go to almost every hardcore forum on the net, it has nothing but bad remarks... before its even hit the stores!

Man - thats really pissed me off!

I agree, it might have a lot of people after it, but there have been loads of Hardcore albums out at the moment which have got a lot better remarks than Clubland will ever have.

End of.
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:

Anyway, I've just heard that AATW have taken these comments into account and they have now changed teh ad to feature more "lost the plot" ravers, some OAPs (DMS) plus some chaps dressed up in fancy dress. Hixxy and Storm now say "yeah, the albums alright but its not as good as Bonkers 1&2" and the kids all shout "Clublands shite".

I'd buy it.

Da Cunney Bugz does any body in that video sound like they turthly give a shite about this album?
katrinar50
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:

I nominate this comment of the year!!

I was put off about a third of the way into the video when I spotted a groupie from around our way who just hangs around the dj's and mc's and doesn't actually do any dancing at raves!

BTW Nobody like the records that I play on there - Does anyone know if this is the Solapse version?
bulby_g
quote:
Originally posted by katrinar50:
Does anyone know if this is the Solapse version?

Nah is the D&G track on CXH3.
DiGiC Me and my mates were filmed for it but never made the 'cut' geuss its cos we were too ****ed to be shown on prime time UK TV :( I'd just like to add that the footage for the advert was filmed at Raverbaby4 and that 99%of the people there were 'real' ravers. Was a wicked night...

Shame that we weren't on it :(
GREGGYHTID13 im really looking forward to this album, i like the raverbaby sound. i just hope they can make a fourth edition before Sk8openmindedmyasssim, shoots them all. i couldnt really care less if chavs make the scene look shit and people are narrow minded, everyone thinks im a chav for listening to hardcore anyway it hasnt stopped the scene from growing.
Samination this has to be the longest and most boring music commercial ever to exist?
latininxtc it is a pretty damn long commercial but i'm lookin 4ward 2 gettin the album as well. out of the 3, darren styles makes the best mix on these albums. and can someone tell me exactly what the **** is a chav? we don't have anything similar to that in here in the states.
Samination the general tirm for it would be "drug addcited scottish psycho who likes bouncy techno and scouse music"
latininxtc o ok so that's what a chav is. most ppl here would consider anybody in2 raves and techno/electronic music a bunch of chavs.
grimace
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
the trashy binge drinking woman (yeah, do you think I'm gonna call them 'ladies'??) on that advert don't only make the hardcore scene look shit but if anyone outside the UK saw that ad - WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT!

#$%!!?...fine...*returns plane ticket*

but srsly...you sure?

/GIGGITY!

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
and can someone tell me exactly what the **** is a chav? we don't have anything similar to that in here in the states.

see http://chavscum.co.uk/ as well as http://www.urbandictionary.com/ ...the later's a rly useful internets resource.
makingmusic is it the norm for the producer of the CD (3) to have so many of their own songs included? i was thinking a bit of variety breaks things up. i was actually going dizzy reading hixxy
Im_British The track listing atracted me - But the advert put me off! Not because what whats been discussed, but because all the highlighted tracks on the ad are on compos Ive allready got - Which kinda suggests that the ones that didnt make the ad cut aint as good - Whole thing kinda shouts 'Hey youve got thease tracks allready, and the other ones, well shit, your not missing much mate'

Or am I looking too deep here? Probs my tightness influencing me to find somthing bad :D
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by makingmusic:
is it the norm for the producer of the CD (3) to have so many of their own songs included? i was thinking a bit of variety breaks things up. i was actually going dizzy reading hixxy

CD 3 is always a bonus CD full of Hixxy tracks and remixes...
Meph751 could they have picked worse songs for the ad...? good lord lol
p00ptarts can't wait for this album to come out. hopefully it's as good as hh4 is.
CDJay OK, I must be missing something. On his myspace page I see a Clubland Xtreme Hardcore 3 advert BUT it's clearly a short one and features next-to-do "rave" footage.

edit: I am being an idiot. I have found it, and am watching now.

"This is the only hardcore album that matters" :D

CDJay
warped_candykid I like the commercial, except the little sayings from the Djs. I really liked the songs though. 1 question though, is the Dougal & Gammer mix of "Nobody likes the Records" have like a more happier sound to it than the Solapse version? Usually, Dougal & Gammer's tracks have a more happier jolt to them.
Rizzo_Davies does anyone know the names of tunes at 12secs in and 42secs in ?
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Rizzo_Davies:
does anyone know the names of tunes at 12secs in and 42secs in ?

The chances of those tracks being already released are next to none...
Rizzo_Davies well i know the one at 12secs is defintaly a remix
not sure about the one at 42secs .. but im sure ive heared it somewhere before
jeszy is it jus me...or hav they taken all the gd songs off of bonkers 16 and HH3, remixed them, and then had the cheek to put them in the advert? am i goin crazy...sum1 plz fill me in! :S
Meathead
quote:

The 1 @ 42 Secs in is "Vince Nysse & N J Hinton - Silver Water (DS Remix)"
not sure bout the first 1 m8 but i think its a scouse house tune.
Meathead
quote:

Oh yeah i think the 1 @ 12secs in is "Hyperlogic - Only You (Re-Con Remix)"
makingmusic
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by makingmusic:
is it the norm for the producer of the CD (3) to have so many of their own songs included? i was thinking a bit of variety breaks things up. i was actually going dizzy reading hixxy

CD 3 is always a bonus CD full of Hixxy tracks and remixes...

duh! me.... i was just testing!

Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by GREGGYHTID13:
i just hope they can make a fourth edition before Sk8openmindedmyasssim, shoots them all.

aaahahaha!

Mate... there claming there comp to be the best!!! - When it clearly is not!!!

Thats Narrowminded ^^^
I havn't slaged off there music... only the sound and there way of using it (over and over again)... for one reason - its not my taste! (but i still apreceate it!)
Thats is not narrowminded - but openminded!

But... Tell me... Doing the same old things over and overrrrr again!

Your trying to tell me thats an openminded way of working the scene!
NO! lol - its a rather pathetic one in fact - and its all for moonwaaaa!

See... you need to take on board that... I think they can see by now that the genuine ravers who have been supporting the scene for years... have gotta bored already! but they don't give a f*ck... shal i tell you why... cuse they know some other little bumboy will just walk into the scene from another clubland release to wipe there arses for them! (replaces the old ravers!)

Then what do you know... soon th'y be bored and f*ck off too...
"but hey, we don't careee! these others guy are coming in - lets bend over boys!"
See what i'm saying :) lol so yes... i am openminded enough (and extremly deep) to think of that (and other b*llshit along the way!)

And its THAT ^^^ that is killing this scene! you want to be in a scene that IS NOT REAL!!! lol... people just come and go in todays hardcore

Hardcore is NOT A BIG THING!
ITS PICKED UP... PUT BACK DOWN... AND SHIT ALL OVER!!!
I don't think anyone can see that lol why... HOLLY LORD... LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY COMING THERE WAY!!!

To them they probley think "yeah man... hardcores doing well!" but ITS NOT!!! this is dance music remember - its SHOULD be all about:
The Scene
Record Sales
and DJ's!

NOT ANYMORE!!! - F*cking Rockstars and Pop idoals...
and we all know what happens to them over time!
ALL OF A SUDDEN - NO ONE BUYS YOUR RECORDS - CUSE YOUR SHIT!!!!!

Also i think its really narrowminded for people to say this scene will die again cuse it did back in the late 90's... thats the same as saying england will win world cup cuse we did in the 60's - GUYS WERE IN A DIFFERENT TIME - GET OVER IT!!! you've lost the plot lol... don't compair my words to that cuse i'm on a completly different wavelenth!
I think its impossable for hardcore to die... its too wide and its has more then one scene remember! -

The question you need to ask now though is!
The scene will not die - but will it ever be genuine? - HAHA NO!!!
No Expression, Passion, Love for the Music and a Fire in your Heart to Party!!!
Face it - All you guys are just "punters" lol not ravers

I think its safe to say... this scene is all about money now... in which case the moto for all comercail music is the same "Simple Sells!"
Trust me i know - i was working on some tracks for a funky house label - lets just say my music was too complex for them... and lets face it... theres no way in hell i'm degrading myself to write music as simple as that in the charts! oh - and never try arguing with the record company lol - they know what they want at the end of the day!

So... if you want good expolsive music (stuff that lives up to the name "hardcore") - your gonna need to go else where - most big producers in hardcore will try and fit there music around for the big labels - not for the "scene" - so basiclly, some people (like myself) turn around and go - if your gonna do that - i'll do the same - and just not buy your f*cking record you ****! *Big Smile*

^^^ *deep breath* there goes my rant of the month been a while ay... I'm hungover aswell so excuse me ^^^^^
Don't expect me to reply unless i feel passinate about what someone says back... i've gave up... i've said what i felt like saying - thats about it! couldn't really give a s*it lol!
jenks
quote:
aaahahaha!

Mate... there claming there comp to be the best!!! - When it clearly is not!!!

Thats Narrowminded ^^^

Are you retarded? They're not going to go on an advert and say 'yeah its pretty good' are they? And how exactly is that narrowminded anyway? Just seems to be your catchphrase at the moment...

quote:
I havn't slaged off there music... only the sound

What's the difference?

quote:
Your trying to tell me thats an openminded way of working the scene!

You really have no idea what openminded means do you?

quote:
NO! lol - its a rather pathetic one in fact - and its all for moonwaaaa!

It's their sound, people love it... by your reasoning the only people you should think are pathetic are the people who lap it up.

quote:
See... you need to take on board that... I think they can see by now that the genuine ravers who have been supporting the scene for years... have gotta bored already! but they don't give a f*ck... shal i tell you why... cuse they know some other little bumboy will just walk into the scene from another clubland release to wipe there arses for them! (replaces the old ravers!)

And you need to take onboard that they have no responsibility to keep the 'old ravers' happy, they make the music they like, people like it and they're not going to change their style just because a few has beens are whinging on the internet...

quote:

And you don't think it's always been like that?

quote:
"but hey, we don't careee! these others guy are coming in - lets bend over boys!"
See what i'm saying :) lol so yes... i am openminded enough (and extremly deep) to think of that (and other b*llshit along the way!)

You're not openminded at all, have you even considered the possibility that their style is what it is and would be like that wether it was popular or not?

quote:
I don't think anyone can see that lol why... HOLLY LORD... LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY COMING THERE WAY!!!

Or maybe you're just shallow, and this is the only way you can rationalise what's happening...

quote:
To them they probley think "yeah man... hardcores doing well!" but ITS NOT!!! this is dance music remember - its SHOULD be all about:
The Scene
Record Sales
and DJ's!

You are a walking contradiction.

quote:

Any self respecting artist want the most exposure of their music as they can get, trying to keep it underground and elite for the sake of it is pathetic, just proves you're more about image than music.

quote:
Also i think its really narrowminded for people to say this scene will die again cuse it did back in the late 90's... thats the same as saying england will win world cup cuse we did in the 60's - GUYS WERE IN A DIFFERENT TIME - GET OVER IT!!! you've lost the plot lol... don't compair my words to that cuse i'm on a completly different wavelenth!
I think its impossable for hardcore to die... its too wide and its has more then one scene remember! -

What is narrowminded, is to dismiss peoples opinions just because you don't agree.

quote:

Explain. Although I realise your mind can't seem to seperate the money from the music...

quote:

I think its safe to say... this scene is all about money now... in which case the moto for all comercail music is the same "Simple Sells!"

Perhaps that's true, but why do you assume that they make thier music simple just to sell? Haven't you considered that their music is quite simple anyway and as a result it sells well?

quote:
So... if you want good expolsive music (stuff that lives up to the name "hardcore") - your gonna need to go else where - most big producers in hardcore will try and fit there music around for the big labels - not for the "scene" -

You're a mind reader aswell now eh?

quote:
^^^ *deep breath* there goes my rant of the month been a while ay... I'm hungover aswell so excuse me ^^^^^
Don't expect me to reply unless i feel passinate about what someone says back... i've gave up... i've said what i felt like saying - thats about it! couldn't really give a s*it lol!

What a suprise...

SCOOTHTID just pre ordered this ! the comercial is excelent
warped_candykid And yes, i am a raver, i go to dance, i love the music, the atmosphere, i just explode with energy when the music starts. We rarely ever get to hear UK Hardcore here anyways, so I am use to not even raving to UK Hardcore. The only thing I dont like about the Clubland Hardcore cds is that they are slow, but, I have grown to like the slower stuff, it just aint my 1st pick of cds to listen too, but it is fast, and happy, so I will listen to it and enjoy it.
Sk8SiM k I’ll say this as nice as possalbe… jenks... your a sound guy... but half of them replys were rather stupid... its like you havn't even read what i said in the first place! There was a few things I could of worded better and yes I can see now that I have been a little narrowmined in someplaces… but man… it’s the same old thing on here isn’t it… people jump the gun… alow me to reply

just wanna say first of all... my “wavelenth!” (cuse you don’t seam to share it!)
RAVE MUSIC... SHOULD BE ABOUT THE GOOD TIMES! NOT MONEY! fair enough make money from it - BUT DON'T LET IT CONTROL THE SCENE OR THE ARTIST!

And by you posting all that crap mate – jesus YOU MAY ASWELL BE ONE OF THEM!

MONEY MONEY MONEY!
Its not about money mate… its about good times!
The music serplys the partys… the partys serply the money! That then serplys more partys…

Thing is mate… this is not rock music… and some artist come across (that’s an “openmined” remark there! I could of said “they are” but I don’t know for a fact do I – so I remain “openminded” about it) asif they are rockstars!

But I think theres a fine line… and now things are changing… have changed… and there doesn’t feel like thers any passion in the air and it in reality is all about money!

*cough* right, now you understand where i'm comimg from... lets carry on shal we! :)

also
Openminded – take things into acount but never judge! 2 sides to every story… and it can also mean YOU THINK A LOT!!!
Narrowminded – you don’t think a lot, or havn’t thought about something very indepth and it can also mean SELFISH in a certain manner of speech though!!!
(not selfish “asin I kept all my sweets”)

quote:
Are you retarded? They're not going to go on an advert and say 'yeah its pretty good' are they? And how exactly is that narrowminded anyway? Just seems to be your catchphrase at the moment...
A. - go back to the "wavelenth" and read carefully!
B - its all about clubland - and not hardcore! and IMO... if I was to release an album… that and any other hardcore album is all the same famirly... were all gonna be down the venue playing with each other... so making ppl think its the best when clearly it isn't... it fualse advertising and "NARROWMINED!!" – bascilly not thinking much about the scene itself, rather just yourself and how much money you can scam out the “punters!”!! (theres the example of “selfish!”)
quote:
I havn't slaged off there music... only the sound

Mate… don’t twist my ****ing words! (no offcene like) You deleted the end of the sentace! Shal we let everyone read it!
I havn't slaged off there music... only the sound and there way of using it (over and over again)... for one reason - its not my taste! (but i still apreceate it!)

Now let me rip this apart for you (man I’ve lost count how many times I’ve had to do this on here! People have a go at me for bad spelling but jesus, when you can’t even understand a simple sentence)
its not my taste! (but i still apreceate it!) <<< THAT = OPENMINDED!!! I DON’T LIKE IT!!! BUT I APRECEATE IT!!!
BUT SOMEHOW… HARDCORE HAS GONE SOFTER OVER THE YEARS!!! THIS IS “COMING ACROSS” ASIF ITS BEING DONE FOR THE LABELS… AND NOT THE SCENE!!!
DOES THAT NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!!

The sound though is trance… Mabie I should of worded it a bit better but… I’ve already said this before – I’M A TRANCE WHORE!!! But what some guys are doing with it is beond my beleaif!
But (wait for it) THAT IS ALL DOWN TO MY TASTE AND NOTHING ELSE!

quote:
And you need to take onboard that they have no responsibility to keep the 'old ravers' happy

Indeed… because its all about money… But… these are the guys that have brote all there old stuff, came to raves and worshiped there work for so long… without them they would be nothing!
Keep talking in fact – your just digging a hole for them lol
Its amazing how your just chating about the very subject I’m on about

quote:
quote:

And you don't think it's always been like that?

you have too much time on your hands man… (so do i by the looks of it :P)

quote:
You're not openminded at all, have you even considered the possibility that their style is what it is and would be like that wether it was popular or not?

Hummm true… I’ve been norrowmined on that part (just ger carryed away with my own babbel sometimesl) But on the point that hardcore has changed over the years to fit the needs of the labels… then no I’m right!

quote:
quote:

Or maybe you're just shallow, and this is the only way you can rationalise what's happening...

Excuse me… people walk in and walk back out… nothing keeps the fans… and it comes across that raver baby don’t give a ****!
Man… earth to jenks… your not getting this

IN OTHER WORDS….
THE “SCENE” IS A FREAK SHOW!!!
THERES HARDLY ANY PASSION!
THERE IS… NOOOO SCENE!!!
HARDCORE = MONEY!!!
NOT…. RAVING! - JUST MONEY!!!
quote:

quote:
The Scene
Record Sales
and DJ's!

You are a walking contradiction.

Record sales… yes… the same records that get out across the world and played out on dancefloors by the DJ’s!

NOT … ALBUMS… AND THEN HAVE TO TREK CROSS CONTRY TO HEAR IT PLAYED! AS NO OTHER DJS HAVE THE COPY!!!
Dude… your coming across asif you havn’t a clue about dance music… and you treat these guys as rock stars aswell (no offence like)
quote:

quote:

Any self respecting artist want the most exposure of their music as they can get, trying to keep it underground and elite for the sake of it is pathetic, just proves you're more about image than music.

Who said anything about underground! – your now just putting words into my mouth!!! That I hyavn’t said!
I’M TALKING ABOUT THE CLEAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN “ROCK & POP CULTURED MUSIC” AND “RAVE CULTURED MUSIC!”

^^^^ I give you a clue mate… the keyword there is “culture”

quote:
quote:

What is narrowminded, is to dismiss peoples opinions just because you don't agree.

NARROWMINED = SMALLMINED = your not thinking much, your just expecting things to happen again when you don’t think about the bigger picture!

quote:
quote:

Explain. Although I realise your mind can't seem to seperate the money from the music...

^^^spot on your right :) the “money” is the problem!

quote:
quote:

Perhaps that's true, but why do you assume that they make thier music simple just to sell? Haven't you considered that their music is quite simple anyway and as a result it sells well?

No… cuse I don’t remember it being like that before… I think A LOT of people have notice hardcore change in the last 3 years to fit the mole of the high standard labels! (its got really really slow for one!)

Thefore… how is that genuine hardcore?

quote:
quote:
So... if you want good expolsive music (stuff that lives up to the name "hardcore") - your gonna need to go else where - most big producers in hardcore will try and fit there music around for the big labels - not for the "scene" -

You're a mind reader aswell now eh?

What… its TRUE! lol

quote:
quote:

What a suprise..

Yep … that’s me ;) - same thing apllys... i'm really not in the mood to debate over stuff thats been debated about time and time again!
There is no right and wrong... people have different opinions on the matter... only some (like me) feel more strongly then others... only cuse we infact do worry about the scene and feel very passinate about it!

Where as other people ofcource... just go for a night out...
jenks Looks like you haven't listened to a word I've said.

You're saying its all about the money, money, money. I'm saying how do you know?

Ofcourse it is for Nukleuz AATW etc, but that doesn't mean it is for the artists. You're saying that the music is being made the way it is because of money, but you've not even considered the possibility that it's not.

Hardcore is about having a good time, and I just can't understand why you think it isn't anymore. Hixxy & Styles have always played the softer, vocal more hands in the air sort of hardcore imo and I don't think much is changing apart from the level of production and a few new sounds.

Bottom line is, you think the music has changed to suit the needs of the majority, while I think it would be changing this way regardless of wether it was popular or not. You think it's changin to fit a mould, I don't. Oh and it hasn't got slower at all, its alot faster now than it was in 99-01 etc, infact B15 was faster or as fast as almost all the other Bonkers

I understand you don't like the CD album stuff, but I reallt don't see what difference it makes to the average raver, people aren't going to sit in and listen to a CD instead. I don't think the scene is changing (not since I've been into hardcore anyway) that much, ravers are still raving, it's just that other people enjoy the music aswell outside the 'scene'.

You feel strongly about what you believe, fine, but if I wanted a lecture on 'rave culture' I'd talk to someone like DMS not someone who is even younger than me and can't possibly know what he's talking about.

Sk8SiM
quote:
Looks like you haven't listened to a word I've said.

You're saying its all about the money, money, money. I'm saying how do you know?

Ofcourse it is for Nukleuz AATW etc, but that doesn't mean it is for the artists. You're saying that the music is being made the way it is because of money, but you've not even considered the possibility that it's not.

Hardcore is about having a good time, and I just can't understand why you think it isn't anymore. Hixxy & Styles have always played the softer, vocal more hands in the air sort of hardcore imo and I don't think much is changing apart from the level of production and a few new sounds.

Bottom line is, you think the music has changed to suit the needs of the majority, while I think it would be changing this way regardless of wether it was popular or not. You think it's changin to fit a mould, I don't. Oh and it hasn't got slower at all, its alot faster now than it was in 99-01 etc, infact B15 was faster or as fast as almost all the other Bonkers

I understand you don't like the CD album stuff, but I reallt don't see what difference it makes to the average raver, people aren't going to sit in and listen to a CD instead. I don't think the scene is changing (not since I've been into hardcore anyway) that much, ravers are still raving, it's just that other people enjoy the music aswell outside the 'scene'.

You feel strongly about what you believe, fine, but if I wanted a lecture on 'rave culture' I'd talk to someone like DMS not someone who is even younger than me and can't possibly know what he's talking about.

Hit the nail on the head and on that note... the debate ends
I already knew i was digging myself a hole soon as i came back on earlyer lol... (i posted a cunning bulleting on myspace too lol) I just worded everything wrong! but still had a valid point! a point that i randomly felt really passinate about this morning! but had no proof or motive to support it! - therfore contradicing myself and courcing me to be the narrowminded one (coffie smells good in the morning ay ) All in all... everything i've said does come across as true... if only i had worded my argument better on more of an openminded debate ("this is how it looks!" instead of "this is how it is")

Just takes a man to put his hand up and go "yeah... i'm a tit! and what"
warped_candykid I just mean, you got some Hardcore cds where its around 175 bpm, then you have some Hardcore cds that are down in the 160 bpm range. I like the faster cds, but some songs I want are only on the Clubland Hardcore cds, and honestly, I think this one sounds good! I hope the Skydivin vocal mix has a female vocal and not a male vocal, i aint a fan of male vocals.
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
I just mean, you got some Hardcore cds where its around 175 bpm, then you have some Hardcore cds that are down in the 160 bpm range. I like the faster cds, but some songs I want are only on the Clubland Hardcore cds, and honestly, I think this one sounds good! I hope the Skydivin vocal mix has a female vocal and not a male vocal, i aint a fan of male vocals.

It's male vocals :s sounds like Styles to me...
xavi1234 el comersial looks nice . must buy this
Woxxy Calm down dear!
It's a commercial!
95_was_the_time "Dougal & Gammer - Nobody Likes The Records"

nice to see dougal and gammer being honest about girly upfront hardcore.
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
"Dougal & Gammer - Nobody Likes The Records"

nice to see dougal and gammer being honest about girly upfront hardcore.

sh*t track to some people but so what! others might like it! I really don't understand were your coming from? does it matter?

WiGGleZoR Been leaked to the net already...
[Mod - don't post links that promote piracy]

Btw, not promoting piracy, just proof of concept :P

[Mod - thats a matter of opinion]

Actually not, unless you can find proof somewhere else that it has been released on the net... and you better stop people posting links to google as well, because thats promoting piracy via search results... Quick!
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by WiGGleZoR:
Been leaked to the net already...
[Mod - Cheers mate, had to edit your post too now :-P ]

Btw, not promoting piracy, just proof of concept :P

You might aswell just take it down before a mod does, we'd have taken your word for it :p
Gav001 Wat u mean by already as lol its out 2moro!

and its been on the net since Friday Night!
NathanD
quote:
I nominate this comment of the year!!

I was put off about a third of the way into the video when I spotted a groupie from around our way who just hangs around the dj's and mc's and doesn't actually do any dancing at raves!

BTW Nobody like the records that I play on there - Does anyone know if this is the Solapse version?

Nope, afraid not! Wish it was but it's not. Dougal and Gammer have also used the vocal sample that I used in mine.

Mine is on Hardcore Euphoria (Out Now) and Hardcore Reunited 2 (Out in Jan 2007). Not 100% sure on when the single release is but I'm sure I'll post a thread when it is out!

//Nathan (Solapse)
whittle1 I've listened to a little bit on each mix. Styles has the best mix (again) but must say that Hixxy & Re-Con - Power Of Love is an absolutely wicked track! It was a bit daring to go and take a Frankie Goes To Hollywood classic, but they've come up with a fantastic tune i think.
benyboybob WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! The scene is crap because of crappy music, the problem I have with clubland extreme hardcore is the music, Is it because I think its sh!t? Yes but there is a lot more to it then that. They are calling the music “Hardcore” when it clearly isn’t, its teen poppy dance music. I don’t care if Breeze, Styles or Hixxy drop dead tomorrow but if there going to make money I would just prefer if they don’t give hardcore a bad name in the process. Why can’t they just mix the standard clubland CDs? They would probably enjoy it more and it would stop watering down the hardcore scene. Listen to any other hardcore CD and you will see that this CD is dire, they only similarity I see is the speed it’s played. They should just create there own music genre, I think a good name is “gaycore” or perhaps “teen-pop-amazing-offensive-core” either way they should just leave the hardcore scene, unless they start producing hardcore again… I listen to this music and I am embarrassed to say I love hardcore, because I don’t want people to think I listen to music like that, they will think I’m a right nob. To those new to the hardcore scene, before you go off venturing to purchase this CD, have a look at some actual hardcore CDs (just avoid the clubland title and any new raver baby material). I guarantee you will find something a lot better!
jenks That is a very interesting insight into the Clubland X-Treme Hardcore commercial.
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by benyboybob:
I listen to this music and I am embarrassed to say I love hardcore, because I don’t want people to think I listen to music like that, they will think I’m a right nob.

Spot On!!!

Thats one of my problems mate :) Its anoying enit!
But nothing you can do... just gotta expose the other scenes a bit more ay
Nooney
quote:
quote:
I listen to this music and I am embarrassed to say I love hardcore, because I don’t want people to think I listen to music like that, they will think I’m a right nob.

Spot On!!!

I listen to this music to improve my social status, not because I like it.
Someone said if I listened to Hardcore I might be cool, so I did, and it's really helped!
Now I'm a ladies man!
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by RavingJNooney:
quote:
quote:

Spot On!!!

Someone said if I listened to Hardcore I might be cool, so I did, and it's really helped!
Now I'm a ladies man!

Its the only reason anybody would listen to funky house
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by RavingJNooney:
quote:
quote:

Spot On!!!

Now I'm a ladies man!

yeh I know what you mean! I had a bet with my mate John 16 years ago, heard a track called Hardcore Uproar which I quite liked, and he bet me I would never like another track or album that was associated with the word hardcore! theres no way hes gunna collect that quid! till the day I die! even if it means me suffering for ever! I never lose a bet!
jenks Ha ha nice...

It took 3.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page