My Area
Register
Donate
Help
FAQ
About us
Links
Articles
Competitions
Interviews
About HHC.com DJs
T-shirts and merchandise
Profile
Register
Active Topics
Topic Stats
Members
Search
Bookmarks
Add event
Label search
Artist search
Release / Track search

Raver's online
 Total online 287
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

  Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Helter Skelter vs Raindance: HARDCORE 2007 - Mixed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed
   
Message Icon:
Message:

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

 
Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.
     
T O P I C     R E V I E W
geordiee99 HELTER SKELTER VS RAINDANCE
HARDCORE 2007




Following the massive success of United in Hardcore and Hardcore Classics, compilations that sold over 150,000 copies, Ministry of Sound reunite two hardcore legends to make one of the most exciting albums in the history of rave.

Celebrating their 17th Birthday this year, London legends Raindance are known throughout the land for their consistently amazing parties, which see 3000 nutters go wild at the awesome seOne complex on a regular basis. The atmosphere at Raindance is unbeatable, still enjoying the accolade of the UK’s very first legal all-night rave. Similarly, Helter Skelter has been rocking the UK since 1989, staging breathtaking events for up to 18,000 people and bringing the finest in drum ‘n’ bass, old skool and hardcore to the country’s biggest and best venues.

Both promotions are keen supporters of the best in new and classic hardcore – and this marriage of old and upfront is what Hardcore 2007 is all about.

This anthem-packed triple CD has been selected and mixed by the two legends themselves- painstakingly presented, for a true and totally authentic glimpse of the scene in 2007.



Slipmatt was responsible for some of the biggest hardcore and rave anthems of all time (a few of which are included in the album), while Billy ‘Daniel’ Bunter has helped to spearhead the hardcore renaissance with his awesome Tasty events. Both have been playing at the country’s biggest raves since the birth of hardcore – in short, there is no-one better that could have put this CD together.

Disc 1 is the old made new- 22 classic old skool anthems and modern dance smashes remixed fresh for 2007 and given the hardcore treatment. Things get fully pumped up on Discs 2 and 3, with some of the most exciting, uplifting hardcore from the crème de la crème of the scene’s producers; CLSM, Sy & Unknown, Robbie Long & Stormtrooper, Squad E, Technikore, Dougal & Gammer, Styles & Breeze, Sytronik...all the legends and all the hottest new stars join forces to bring by far one of the best Hardcore albums of all time.

66 tracks – the full hardcore and old skool spectrum – and a ton of exclusive cuts...what better way to start your 2007 than with a hefty dose of HARDCORE?



Release date: Boxing Day 26th December 2006
silver From the press release:

HELTER SKELTER VS RAINDANCE:
HARDCORE 2007
Release date: Boxing Day 26th December 2006

Following the massive success of United in Hardcore and Hardcore Classics, compilations that sold over 150,000 copies, Ministry of Sound reunite two hardcore legends to make one of the most exciting albums in the history of rave.

Celebrating their 17th Birthday this year, London legends Raindance are known throughout the land for their consistently amazing parties, which see 3000 nutters go wild at the awesome seOne complex on a regular basis. The atmosphere at Raindance is unbeatable, still enjoying the accolade of the UK’s very first legal all-night rave. Similarly, Helter Skelter has been rocking the UK since 1989, staging breathtaking events for up to 18,000 people and bringing the finest in drum ‘n’ bass, old skool and hardcore to the country’s biggest and best venues.

Both promotions are keen supporters of the best in new and classic hardcore – and this marriage of old and upfront is what Hardcore 2007 is all about.
This anthem-packed triple CD has been selected and mixed by the two legends themselves- painstakingly presented for a true and totally authentic glimpse of the scene in 2007, from the men who know it best.

Slipmatt was responsible for some of the biggest hardcore and rave anthems of all time (a few of which are included in the album), while Billy ‘Daniel’ Bunter has helped to spearhead the hardcore renaissance with his awesome Tasty events. Both have been playing at the country’s biggest raves since the birth of hardcore – in short, there is no-one better that could have put this CD together.

Disc 1 is the old made new- 22 classic old skool anthems and modern dance smashes remixed fresh for 2007 and given the hardcore treatment. Things get fully pumped up on Discs 2 and 3, with some of the most exciting, uplifting hardcore from the crème de la crème of the scene’s producers; CLSM, Sy & Unknown, Robbie Long & Stormtrooper, Squad E, Technikore, Dougal & Gammer, Styles & Breeze, Sytronik...all the legends and all the hottest new stars join forces to bring by far one of the best Hardcore albums of all time.

66 tracks – the full hardcore and old skool spectrum – and a ton of exclusive cuts...what better way to start your 2007 than with a hefty dose of HARDCORE?

Disc One:
1. SL2 - On A Ragga Tip (SL2 2007 Remake)
2. Fedde Le Grand - Put Your Hands Up For Detroit (Slipmatt & Billy 'Daniel' Bunter Remix)
3. DJ's Unite - Vol 1 Remix (Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Shimano Remix)
4. Liquid - Sweet Harmony (Slipmatt & Billy 'Daniel' Bunter Remix)
5. N Joi - Anthem (Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Shimano Remix)
6. Sy-Kick - Nasty (DJ Twista Remix)
7. Human Resource - Dominator 2005 (DJ Slam Remix)
8. DJ Seduction - Hardcore Heaven (Rat Pack & Shimano Remix)
9. Stu & Nee Feat. Karen Danzig - You Got The Power
10. Supermode - Tell Me Why (Slipmatt & Billy 'Daniel' Bunter Remix)
11. NRG - Never Lost His Hardcore (Peace Maker Remix)
12. Manix - Feel Reel Good (DJ Twista Remix)
13. Ann Saunderson - Definition Of Love (Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Shimano Remix)
14. Xpansions - Move Your Body (Elevation) (Rat Pack & Shimano Remix)
15. Slipmatt - Hear Me (Junki Munki Remix)
16. Carl Kennedy & Johnny Gleeson - Present Southside Hustlers Right Before My Eyes (Peace Maker Remix)
17. SL2 - DJ's Take Control (SL2 2007 Remake)
18. Criminal Minds - Baptised By Dub (Slipmatt Remix)
19. Peacemaker - Dance With Me
20. DJ Slam - Check This Out
21. SL2 - Make A Move (Sy & Unknown Remix)
22. Rat Pack - Brothers Sisters (Slipmatt Remix)

Disc Two:
1. Fergus Mayhem - Take Control (CLSM Remix)
2. Jon Doe - Warehouse (Cube: Hard Remix)
3. CLSM Feat. Stefan B - Liberation (Ambush Remix)
4. UK Hard Feat. Nikki Mak - Need Your Emotion (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
5. Rob Tissera, Vinyl Groover & The Red Hed - Stay (Lost Boys Remix)
6. JX - Restless (Sparky & Sytonik Remix)
7. GBT Inc - Better Day (Dougal & Gammer Remix)
8. Slipmatt & Slam - Express (Alistair Storm Remix)
9. Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & CLSM - Feat. Faye Hendry (Taking Me Over)
10. UK Hard - Sounds Running Through Your Mind (Gammer Remix)
11. UK Hard Feat. Nikki Mak - Inside Your Mind (UFO Remix)
12. Neon Lights - You're Not Alone (Weaver & Steve Hill Mix)
13. Neon Lights - Not Over Yet (Weaver & Steve Hill Remix)
14. Paradise - Wanna Be Free (Supreme & Sunset Regime Remix)
15. Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & Jon Doe - Feat. Faye Hendry Round & Round (Sy & Unknown Remix)
16. Masif DJ's ESilence (Technikore remix)
17. Masif DJ's - Every Day (Technikore Remix)
18. In-Effect & Compulsion - Beautiful (Frantic & Resist Remix)
19. Bang The Future Feat. Malaya - Real World (Styles & Breeze Remix)
20. Billy Daniel & CLSM Feat. Junior - Cry Your Tears
21. Jon Doe - Your Body (Robbie Long & Stormtrooper Remix)
22. UK Hard - Next Level (Squad E Remix)

Disc Three:
1. SMD - SMD#4 (Alistair Storm Remix)
2. SMD - SMD#2 (Vibe & Hattrixx Remix)
3. SMD - SMD#1 (Sparky & Sytronik Remix)
4. Slipmatt - You're Mine 2007
5. Weaver & Andy L Feat. Angel Eyez - Time To Let Go
6. Technikore Feat. Alison Wade - Feel Alive
7. Sy & Unknown Feat. Lou Lou - Caught Up In Your Love 2006 (Exclusive Mix)
8. Geos Crew Feat. MC Marley - Gonna Take You High (Gammer Remix)
9. Slipmatt - Rock This Place
10. GBT Inc - Burn Mother ****er (UFO Remix)
11. Sytronik & Sparky Feat. Ali - Wonderland
12. Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & CLSM Feat. Leah Symons - My Desire
13. Technikore Feat. Angel Eyez - Follow The Light
14. Sy & Unknown Feat. Lou Lou - U R My Phantasy (Exclusive Mix)
15. Sy & Unknown - Hardcore Ride
16. Sparky Feat. Alison Wade - Escape From My Dreams
17. Weaver & Andy L - Forever & Ever
18. Billy 'Daniel' Bunter & CLSM Feat. Lisa Abbott - Best Of Me
19. Bang The Future - Body Slam (Sy & Unknown Remix)
20. Alistair Storm & Euphony - Show Me The Way (Ultravibes "Pure Perfection" Mix)
21. DJ Sytronik & MC Spenno Feat. Ali - In Paradise
22. Slippery Project - Jump Around 2007 (Sy & Unknown Remix)
RAVER7 this cd is gonna be so wicked its about time the legend slipmatt is back on board proper
hardcore tom yoo iv got this track 3 days before its release!! its a fkin mint cd!! hardcore til i die
geordiee99 [color=crimson]Exclusive Helter Skelter V Raindance Hardcore 2007 Competition[/color]

[color=royalblue]This competition is a banger![/color]

[color=crimson]You have the chance of winning a very special white label SMD track (1 of only 10 in existence) + an old Kinetic record bag which has been around the world on Slipmatts shoulder several times over and numerous times to Ibiza and back![/color]

[color=royalblue]To enter simply click the link below and answer the question....go on it's easy![/color]

[color=crimson]Link: http://www.ministryofsound.com/competitions/20061219[/color]

Leelo1 hey i got this cd on boxin day an its wiked wernt into old school breaks but this is jus wiked .. really impressed wi that put ur hands up for detroit cos the cd is on the earlie 90s genre an that tune int very old with an oldschool feel an the 2nd day is wiked ant heard the 3rd cd yet tho but im pleased jus wi the 1st cd
lukebond007 Omg, I just bought this album and its totally wicked! I loved the first CD too, got some wicked old skool breaks on it, and CD's 2 & 3 are amazing! Wicked album! Totally loved it. Nice variety of tunes :) Highly recommend u buy it!
Bondy OMG this album is amazing, got sum wicked stuff on it, personally I think its better than Clubland X-treme hardcore 3!
Smoogie Just brought it and put it onto my I-pod, will listen later when I have the chance!
kellyovcarlisle oh this album is a mauler!!!! cd 1 is the best!!! lol shout out ta hixxy and darren styles...i love yas!! lol oh yeh clubland xtreme hardcore is as good as helter skelter cd!!! lol xxx
MegaJynx Well... if 150,000 weren't wrong about United in Hardcore + Hardcore classics, and this CD seems to be getting ten times more attention than any other, I guess buying it wouldn't be a mistake :P
gloworm absolutely great album- love the exclusive content on cd 1 too -bit tits and arse but a very interesting discussion with slipmatt and bunter -you can really tell they took the time to include key tracks and really got into the mix, recording some amazing new material
big up to them both- quaity album that blows clubland out of the hardcore seas
geordiee99 Exclusive Helter Skelter V Raindance Hardcore 2007 Footage

Check out Ministry of Sound TV Exclusive Hardcore 2007 Footage with Billy Daniel Bunter & Slipmatt...just paste the link below into you’re your browser:

www.ministryofsound.com\asx\EventFootage\Hardcore2007\Hardcore2007.asx

silver Got the CD today (slow postal doh!) sounds good, exclusive content is also interesting :)
Leto I just got it as well. It sounds nice, but it leaves out a decent chunk of the hardcore scene...particularly freeform...
Keith25 great album-good to hear slipmatt again.

Hardcore4eva Anyone else have: "Hard Dance meets Hardcore Anthems 2007" printed on face of the both CD1 and CD2??

Mortis Still not got around to listening to this yet, have to set aside some Mortis & music time
Hardcore4eva
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Still not got around to listening to this yet, have to set aside some Mortis & music time



Less of the ham shank please!
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by geordiee99:
HELTER SKELTER VS RAINDANCE
HARDCORE 2007




Following the massive success of United in Hardcore and Hardcore Classics, compilations that sold over 150,000 copies, Ministry of Sound reunite two hardcore legends to make one of the most exciting albums in the history of rave.

Celebrating their 17th Birthday this year, London legends Raindance are known throughout the land for their consistently amazing parties, which see 3000 nutters go wild at the awesome seOne complex on a regular basis. The atmosphere at Raindance is unbeatable, still enjoying the accolade of the UK’s very first legal all-night rave. Similarly, Helter Skelter has been rocking the UK since 1989, staging breathtaking events for up to 18,000 people and bringing the finest in drum ‘n’ bass, old skool and hardcore to the country’s biggest and best venues.

Both promotions are keen supporters of the best in new and classic hardcore – and this marriage of old and upfront is what Hardcore 2007 is all about.

This anthem-packed triple CD has been selected and mixed by the two legends themselves- painstakingly presented, for a true and totally authentic glimpse of the scene in 2007.



Slipmatt was responsible for some of the biggest hardcore and rave anthems of all time (a few of which are included in the album), while Billy ‘Daniel’ Bunter has helped to spearhead the hardcore renaissance with his awesome Tasty events. Both have been playing at the country’s biggest raves since the birth of hardcore – in short, there is no-one better that could have put this CD together.

Disc 1 is the old made new- 22 classic old skool anthems and modern dance smashes remixed fresh for 2007 and given the hardcore treatment. Things get fully pumped up on Discs 2 and 3, with some of the most exciting, uplifting hardcore from the crème de la crème of the scene’s producers; CLSM, Sy & Unknown, Robbie Long & Stormtrooper, Squad E, Technikore, Dougal & Gammer, Styles & Breeze, Sytronik...all the legends and all the hottest new stars join forces to bring by far one of the best Hardcore albums of all time.

66 tracks – the full hardcore and old skool spectrum – and a ton of exclusive cuts...what better way to start your 2007 than with a hefty dose of HARDCORE?



Release date: Boxing Day 26th December 2006



Billy Bunter knicked my tea towel!
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore4eva:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Still not got around to listening to this yet, have to set aside some Mortis & music time



Less of the ham shank please!



All i can say is
jenks
quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore4eva:
Anyone else have: "Hard Dance meets Hardcore Anthems 2007" printed on face of the both CD1 and CD2??





Yep
Sk8SiM
quote:
Originally posted by Hardcore4eva:
Anyone else have: "Hard Dance meets Hardcore Anthems 2007" printed on face of the both CD1 and CD2??

Mine Don't

Anyways!
Got it today from Merry Hill!

Currently 17 Tracks Trough CD1!
Who said it was Rubbish! - Tis F*cking Sweet IMO!

Tis Great "Easy Listening Anyways!"
Making Me Wanna Dance Man

***EDIT***
K CD1 was amazing!

However... I'm on track 11 Through CD2 Now!
One word to sum it up so far - "Awful!" <<< the only word that i can use!
It started off bad and then begain to get worse!

Only one good track so far and thats:
"Restless (Sparky & Sytronik Remix) - JX" <<<TUNEEEEE!
Other then that "Better Day (Dougal & Gammer Remix) - GBT Inc" - is an alright tune!

Still got more listening time though so :)
That was just an up-date
DJ-Pure Quality going to buy my self this Saturday i think :D
Scillianaire i ordered mine 2 day shipping and should be here tommorrow, im especially excited to hear the new sweet harmony track
The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Still not got around to listening to this yet, have to set aside some Mortis & music time


LOL! I got mine the other day! but its in my Hardcore CD queue! (I'm listening to Hardcoe Euphoria at the mo) I buy the CD's when they're released but got so many to listen to I always end up listening to them 2/3 months later! looking forward to it though!

jenks Well I'm gonna have to break the mould I'm afraid!

CD1 - Quite liked it at first but the novelty soon wore off. Seems a bit of a cop out really, the breaks are pretty weak and boring and it's mainly just remixes.

CD2 - Enjoyed this the most. Again a lot of remixes, but no where near as samey imo.

CD3 - I enjoyed it to an extent, but I think it is pretty mediocre for the most part, although there are a few gems in there.
kathryn seen the full length advert on tv and it looks and sounds real good!
josh_saveme Mint cd, good to see slipmat back on the scene!
djDMS I really hate to have to say this but i am very, very disappointed.

I'm too pissed off to say much more at the minute!
Hardcore4eva
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I really hate to have to say this but i am very, very disappointed.

I'm too pissed off to say much more at the minute!



What dont you like dean? I know its not like the best CD but wouldn't go as far as being really disappointed and pissed off :P
djDMS I just expected so much more mate!

The breaks CD sounded awesome to start with but after 3 or 4 listens i'm already bored with it. Loads of my favourite old skool tunes that i was really excited about hearing remixed - but the feeling didn't last!

The other 2 have some real quality tunes but there are just far too many fillers that stop it being as good as it should be. Take the best from CD's 2&3 and it'd be an excellent CD - as it is, nowhere near enough consistency for me.

Compared to the rest of the recent releases, it's the one i was most expecting to really enjoy -

Bonkers - Seen it all before
Clubland - Didn't expect much to start with
Hardcore Adrenaline - Does what it says on the tin.

Maybe i expected too much?
dj_excy just got it today and so far so good :) will let you know what i think of it when ive listened to all 3 cds :)
kathryn
quote:
Originally posted by dj_excy:
just got it today and so far so good :) will let you know what i think of it when ive listened to all 3 cds :)



Hello stranger
Hardcore4eva
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I just expected so much more mate!

The breaks CD sounded awesome to start with but after 3 or 4 listens i'm already bored with it. Loads of my favourite old skool tunes that i was really excited about hearing remixed - but the feeling didn't last!

The other 2 have some real quality tunes but there are just far too many fillers that stop it being as good as it should be. Take the best from CD's 2&3 and it'd be an excellent CD - as it is, nowhere near enough consistency for me.

Compared to the rest of the recent releases, it's the one i was most expecting to really enjoy -

Bonkers - Seen it all before
Clubland - Didn't expect much to start with
Hardcore Adrenaline - Does what it says on the tin.

Maybe i expected too much?


Or your just getting to old for hardcore??

Serious tho, i understand where your coming from, i wouldn't of got B.O.B if i had the full set of bonkers, really like SB mix on it tho! Wasn't to happy with Clubland either and not bothering with Hardcore Adrnaline.

dj_excy
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:
Originally posted by dj_excy:
just got it today and so far so good :) will let you know what i think of it when ive listened to all 3 cds :)



Hello stranger



hello how are you?
clarke101
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Snip



Cheers for your comments mate. Just stopped me from clicking buy
Fluffbomb I've borrowed this off a mate to check it out. I've got through CDs 1 & 2 so far.

Have to say I was pretty disappointed by CD1. Seemed to be lots of half a$$ed remixes of classic tracks. Think I'd rather have had either a mix of the originals or some proper Hardcore Breaks tracks.

CD2 was ok. Not really my thing but not too bad. One comment I do have though is that most of the 2nd half (and a lot played back 2 back) is made up of Hardcore versions of Big Trance tracks from a few years ago. Started getting a bit bored of them after a couple of tracks).

Not sure whether I'll get round to listening to CD3.

Later

Fluff
DJ Mole possibly the greatest compilation of last year close call between that and Euphoria, big up Ministry now send my free ****ing CD! please
Marshy88 CD2 Is probably my favourite mix ever(apart from bonkers 15) its great my mates who are only part time hardcore listeners listein to it all the time
Fav track are Express, Inside your mind, Warehouse, Liberation, Need your emotion, Not ever yet, Everyday, Beautifull (<****in Tune) and Real world.
Marshy88
quote:
Originally posted by Marshy88:
CD2 Is probably my favourite mix ever(apart from bonkers 15) its great my mates who are only part time hardcore listeners listein to it all the time
Fav track are Express, Inside your mind, Warehouse, Liberation, Need your emotion, Not over yet, Everyday, Beautifull (<****in Tune) and Real world.



The Doc
quote:
Originally posted by Marshy88:
quote:
Originally posted by Marshy88:
CD2 Is probably my favourite mix ever(apart from bonkers 15) its great my mates who are only part time hardcore listeners listein to it all the time
Fav track are Express, Inside your mind, Warehouse, Liberation, Need your emotion, Not over yet, Everyday, Beautifull (<****in Tune) and Real world.






you should listen to Old Skool Rewinds Vol 1! that is my favourite ALBUM ever! the mixing on that is spot on!
Hardcore_2_Da_Bone CD 2 is awesome. (Take control (CLSM Remix), Warehouse (Cube::Hard remix), Need your emotion (Dougal & Gammer remix), Souns running through your mind (Gammer remix), (Inside your mind (UFO remix), Next Level (Squad E Remix) <<<<<<<< Great track to finish CD off on !

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

    

1999 - 2020 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page