Radio listeners 185+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Breeze vs. S3rl?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
don_simon3000 i jst seen breeze posted this on fb

is there anything behind this or just a joke?
latininxtc It's a joke that is reflective of the US knowledge of UK hardcore. In fact, S3RL himself actually posted it on his facebook days ago. To be honest, it is extremely accurate though lol. S3RL is easily one of the most recognizable names in the US for UK hardcore. The US is a huge fan of his cheesy sound. Honestly I don't think the majority of them enjoy this new electro/dnb hardcore that FW has been pushing around for these last few years, but they are coming around. And that's mainly due to the likes of Darren Styles and Gammer.
Samination Breeze is jealous that cute girls like S3rl more than him
latininxtc Honestly most "real" rave girls are not that pretty. They're rather grimey and a bit out of shape at times.

That is a pic of a girl who just goes through the motions, and more than likely doesn't even know what hardcore is. She's probably into David Guetta and Aoki shit.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Honestly most "real" rave girls are not that pretty. They're rather grimey and a bit out of shape at times.

That is a pic of a girl who just goes through the motions, and more than likely doesn't even know what hardcore is. She's probably into David Guetta and Aoki shit.

Theres a mix of people, but there are very attractive girls at raves. But I suppose we can tale your word for it
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Honestly most "real" rave girls are not that pretty. They're rather grimey and a bit out of shape at times.

Theres a mix of people, but there are very attractive girls at raves. But I suppose we can tale your word for it

I was talking about US rave girls. I found the UK girls at HTID ITS way prettier.
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was talking about US rave girls. I found the UK girls at HTID ITS way prettier.

The few times I've been to raves in the UK (well alot now), most of the girls that dress up are actually pretty, and some even cute as f*. Seriously, looking at some of them are making me feel like a pedophile, even tho they are over 18. Cue MC Storm going rampage!
Dys7 Yeah, I'd definitely say S3rl has the widest reach of the producers.
He's been picked up by a lot of teenagers, anime kids, youtubers, etc. People follow and love his stuff without knowing about our scene because it's never marketed to them - they just see a vid called "S3rl Techno Trance - Pika Girl"

So yeah, I wouldn't say it's an insult, in fact S3rl probably agrees. Its just true. Lots of kids claim to love hardcore while only knowing it from anime pics paired with old S3rl tunes.
Elipton Cant really compare S3RL and Breeze can we? S3RL is far superior, and thats why he has such a reach
don_simon3000 it was not my intention to compare breeze with s3rl. i just was curious thats why i asked. and i knew breeze before i knew s3rl. yes, rly.. *hides and runs away*
nantk only think i have to say of that pic is that at least s3rl didnt go dubcore :/ , although he changed his style to a bit more cheesier
Hard2Get People don't know who S3rl is here compared to Breeze. Maybe on this forum and the internet but not elsewhere.
Dys7
quote:
Cant really compare S3RL and Breeze can we? S3RL is far superior, and thats why he has such a reach

Absolutely disagree.
S3rl's style of music brings in the Otaku/Weaboo/Nightcore/Anime culture, PLUS mainstream hardcore listeners.
Since Breeze doesn't make cheesy kandi, he doesn't have that kind of fandom culture going for him.

Bronies are a great example - make some mediocre dubstep or IDM with your own branding, you'll probably get nowhere. Stick a pony picture in the YouTube video and name your channel "RainbowDashMusic" and you'll balloon into a million-view-per-video producer.
Phobz I bet breeze used to feel shite when styles was making all them awesome tracks together... S3rl > Breeze.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
it was not my intention to compare breeze with s3rl. i just was curious thats why i asked. and i knew breeze before i knew s3rl. yes, rly.. *hides and runs away*

Breeze compared himself to S3RL the moment he posted that picture. He's very bad at not being jealous.
Anyone remember his strop when Hellfury got a HH Awards nomination. Wow.
latininxtc
quote:
quote:
it was not my intention to compare breeze with s3rl. i just was curious thats why i asked. and i knew breeze before i knew s3rl. yes, rly.. *hides and runs away*

Who? And no I don't remember that. You remember around what time he made a huge deal over it, and if he posted it on facebook?
Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:

Who? And no I don't remember that. You remember around what time he made a huge deal over it, and if he posted it on facebook?

Not Hellfury... tut.. Whats that Frenchcore producer called?? Helblinde. Thats the one. Breeze and Hoodzie had a proper tantrum on Twitter about it
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

I dont remember that either?
DJ Hellfury Sami:

https://twitter.com/markbreezeuk/status/276047533304848384
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=297749463678224&id=324077654120
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=501966929825884&id=324077654120

Some people have a short fight then go their ways like men, and some have to post passive-aggressive shit even weeks/months after it like kids. ;)
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
Sami:

https://twitter.com/markbreezeuk/status/276047533304848384
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=297749463678224&id=324077654120
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=501966929825884&id=324077654120

Some people have a short fight then go their ways like men, and some have to post passive-aggressive shit even weeks/months after it like kids. ;)

how the **** did I miss that? mustve been during the "dont hate gammer to much" period.
latininxtc Decided to check out Hoodzie's retweets and omg found this

https://twitter.com/DJHoodzie/status/276071036829720576

I can't believe that this was for fucking real

And then I found this

https://twitter.com/DJHoodzie/status/276391433957683200
Elipton lol @ that pic I drew. Not sure what possessed me xD
latininxtc
quote:
Not sure what possessed me xD

That's like your catchphrase every time you go off on someone lol

But in this case that was actually pretty funny
AceofSpades_Lorenzo Oh Olly... you start something with someone every 6-12 months *awaits the next move*
don_simon3000
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Hellfury:
some have to post passive-aggressive shit even weeks/months after it like kids. ;)

count me in there
Elliott Wow. Breeze has never said or done anything to endear him to me in any way but I just lost any shred of respect I ever had for him. Reading his Twitter responses to the legitimate concerns voiced about his conduct really makes me wonder. It's frustrating that a label with so much clout has such a rude, immature prick at the head of it. Not to mention that most of the replies from other FW artists seem to suggest that the label stands in solidarity behind those opinions.

I, perhaps naively, believed that the top tier probably knew who a lot of these underground guys were and about the existence of "J-Core" even if they never addressed them or had anything to do with it. But, wow, Breeze and Hoodzie don't seem to know what's going on in their own back garden.

As someone who's opposed to the name "UK hardcore" for the genre, I obviously don't think much of this shit. Dunno how I haven't seen it before.
Karthy Let's face it she'd get one, whether she only knew S3rl or not.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
Let's face it she'd get one, whether she only knew S3rl or not.

Loving the sudden back-on-topicness of that post :D
Warnman I don't know how everything exactly developed in the US scene during the past few decades, but from what I've registered so far my personal opinion is that the UK DJs left out the US in a novercal way, because for such a small scene it's not worth to cross the pond.
The Australians didn't mind and now one of them has become one of the leading followed ones in the growing US-market and now British top-tiers feel pissed off and demand to have their slice. Sometimes someone has to do pioneer work and not wait around until someone else laid the table for you.
Don't blame the consumers for your poor marketing!
Alex BassJunkie
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Cant really compare S3RL and Breeze can we? S3RL is far superior, and thats why he has such a reach

Absolutely disagree.
S3rl's style of music brings in the Otaku/Weaboo/Nightcore/Anime culture, PLUS mainstream hardcore listeners.
Since Breeze doesn't make cheesy kandi, he doesn't have that kind of fandom culture going for him.

Breeze makes tracks on his own? I thought he just collabs with talented producers....
Rodz90
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
I don't know how everything exactly developed in the US scene during the past few decades, but from what I've registered so far my personal opinion is that the UK DJs left out the US in a novercal way, because for such a small scene it's not worth to cross the pond.
The Australians didn't mind and now one of them has become one of the leading followed ones in the growing US-market and now British top-tiers feel pissed off and demand to have their slice. Sometimes someone has to do pioneer work and not wait around until someone else laid the table for you.

Couldn't have said it any better, what a massive **** breeze seems to be in those posts - it truly does seem he has the IQ of a glass of water and is completely ignorant.

Also C-Kay your public perception doesn't seem much better when your siding with Breeze and you give off the impression of being a tad uneducated, you seem ok in your posts on here though which is odd.
Elipton
quote:
Originally posted by Alex BassJunkie:
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

Absolutely disagree.

Breeze makes tracks on his own? I thought he just collabs with talented producers....

The last track I heard Breeze do on his own was this:

I think the shitness of that track pretty much immunizes every dig he can have against other producers. I mean, you compare this to newer and younger producers like Dys7, Spirit Wolf and Olly P and you begin to wonder what it is that makes this tub of lard so special.
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:
I don't know how everything exactly developed in the US scene during the past few decades, but from what I've registered so far my personal opinion is that the UK DJs left out the US in a novercal way, because for such a small scene it's not worth to cross the pond.

Couldn't have said it any better, what a massive **** breeze seems to be in those posts - it truly does seem he has the IQ of a glass of water and is completely ignorant.

Also C-Kay your public perception doesn't seem much better when your siding with Breeze and you give off the impression of being a tad uneducated, you seem ok in your posts on here though which is odd.

Say what now? Are you dragging someone who isn't on this thread into it, just because he has sided with Breeze. TBH, Hixxy, Kevin Energy and Thumpa (and Brisk in a few places) are the only ones who has given australian artists any kind of recognition. So why not jump on everyone else Rodz90? So either calm down, or you'll just give the "anti-haters" more fuel to call us "haters"...
latininxtc
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

Say what now? Are you dragging someone who isn't on this thread into it, just because he has sided with Breeze. TBH, Hixxy, Kevin Energy and Thumpa (and Brisk in a few places) are the only ones who has given australian artists any kind of recognition. So why not jump on everyone else Rodz90? So either calm down, or you'll just give the "anti-haters" more fuel to call us "haters"...

I think he's referring to C.Kay's responses to Breeze's twitter post, which I have to say makes him look rather ignorant. The first year they decide to let the nominations and winners completely decided by the voters, and he calls this new system "cock shit." Is that saying we don't know how to vote? And he complains how they are spamming for votes, yet everyone at FW then and now do that! Hellblinde was never going to win, but it's more interesting than anything that his name got up there.
Rodz90
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think he's referring to C.Kay's responses to Breeze's twitter post, which I have to say makes him look rather ignorant. The first year they decide to let the nominations and winners completely decided by the voters, and he calls this new system "cock shit." Is that saying we don't know how to vote? And he complains how they are spamming for votes, yet everyone at FW then and now do that! Hellblinde was never going to win, but it's more interesting than anything that his name got up there.

Thanks Latin that was what i was referring to, apologies Samination - try reading my post one more time; i'm not saying C-Kay is a bad guy or anything, just commentating on his public perception from those twitter posts as opposed to on here - it just seems a tad odd is all.Honestly I'm not that ambitious to start some kind of hating feud!
Samination No, I should apologize Rodz, cause I did miss c-kay posts on twitter.

C-Kay made those posts a few months ago, which is still a few months after the helblinde debacle. I guess he was trying to make amends? :P
Phobz Agreed Elipton, Dys7 is making some wonderful music. Keeps getting better and better. Spirit Wolf put a video up of him making an hardcore track and I learned a few things from just watching him. You are also a million times better producer than breeze in my eyes. I can think hands down atleast 20 artists who don't get the recognition they deserve, they are extensively more talented than breeze. Then you hear that piece of shite breeze as put out (sorry I shouldn't be so offensive calling it that but it's not good). It's one of those songs if it's on a cd. I WILL skip it. How the heck that even made it on to Clubland Hardcore is beyond madness. So many great tracks out there that could of put that song to shame.
Elliott Breeze may have had something at one point (perhaps in the Infinity days) but over the last decade or so he's become increasingly irrelevant to hardcore -- to the point where him trying to pose as an authoritative arbiter on what is and isn't hardcore just seems unwarranted, insecure and pathetic.

It's notable that, in the last 10 years at least, every single well-regarded, "classic" track bearing his name was co-produced by at least one person with a set of great solo works to their name. His solo track record, on the other hand, has been forgettable at best. If you wanted to be generous, you could say that he's just an enhancer for much better producers. But, even then, the best Styles solo tracks are up there with the best Styles & Breeze tracks which leaves you wondering what he actually adds to collabs.

In essence, he's dead weight. And there's nothing worse than dead weight trying desperately to stay relevant by riding on the few successes in their past. He also strikes me as the first person who would be out the door if the money in hardcore dried up. I think any real interest he ever did potentially have in hardcore died a long time ago. He's the definition of a hardcore businessman, complete with an attitude of industry protectionism and overwhelming entitlement.
Elipton We've collectively just dismantled one of the most recognizable names in Hardcore as being dead weight and crap at producing. How on earth is it that he is head honcho of a label that encompasses Gammer, DS, Hixxy and others? It's like putting Team Rocket in charge of Apple.

Mind-boggle!
Samination
quote:
We've collectively just dismantled one of the most recognizable names in Hardcore as being dead weight and crap at producing. How on earth is it that he is head honcho of a label that encompasses Gammer, DS, Hixxy and others? It's like putting Team Rocket in charge of Apple.

Mind-boggle!

Thumpa isn't exactly a producer either, but he can run his label with no mayor problem. Well he did complain about the poor sales the digital downloads had.
DJ Hellfury maybe he is just good in managing a label while the other big names focus on music production, thats why they trust him and joined his label, instead of doing the unfunny on their own.

yeah, he isnt good in doing tunes on his own since the popular hhc days ended, but he doesnt need to actually, since his label friends can do the job better. would he really stand out with own sound atm.? i doubt it.
Elipton
quote:
quote:
We've collectively just dismantled one of the most recognizable names in Hardcore as being dead weight and crap at producing. How on earth is it that he is head honcho of a label that encompasses Gammer, DS, Hixxy and others? It's like putting Team Rocket in charge of Apple.

Mind-boggle!

Thumpa isn't exactly a producer either, but he can run his label with no mayor problem. Well he did complain about the poor sales the digital downloads had.

True, Thumpa's not a producer - but he's not dead weight. He's brought some much needed life and activity to Freeform, got new producers involved and relevant to us and is generally probably helping the genre with pushing for slots at Westfest and stuff.

Nevertheless, I think Thumpa sometimes has the same issue as Breeze. He can often mouth off, and as right or wrong as he may be, I think if you're in a position of responsibility like that - at the top of a label, you can look the fool or isolate yourself. When you own a label, you can't go around saying other producers are too unpopular to win awards, or the remixes you received for a remix competition weren't good enough. You begin to alienate yourself from other people who you may at some point need.

Of course, the same can be said for me - which I imagine you're all thinking. However, I don't have a label that commissions and depends on other producers. When you have a leading label, the risk is surely higher. As it goes, I don't exactly have much to lose (pretty much everything I do is free anyway lol)
Rodz90 I think in another thread somewhere its been stated Chris Unknown is perhaps not as good without another major player (such as Sy) working collaboratively.

Anyway i give one example of a tune:
https://soundcloud.com/uknrecords/mark-breeze-chris-unknown

perhaps it's not the best - but it's certainly not the worst and is an example of two producers that rely on collabs making something that's not half bad.
latininxtc
quote:

Anyway i give one example of a tune:
https://soundcloud.com/uknrecords/mark-breeze-chris-unknown

perhaps it's not the best - but it's certainly not the worst and is an example of two producers that rely on collabs making something that's not half bad.

Actually that tune is completely OK, especially considering the 2 producers involved in it. Certainly believe that Chris Unknown was more of the talent in that track.
djDMS I love that tune.

Doesn't make me like either of them any more or less though.
Elipton I actually reckon Sy depended quite a lot on Unknown. Some of his recent tracks have been really good. Take "Hardcore is my life". Very good track. But he's been doing a whole load of stuff even since AATW butchered Bonkers
Samination that bit at 1:10 reminds me of a sound that you could use on Dance eJay 1 :P
But yea, the track does sound kinda good, but I'm not sure I'd get it tho
Dj Infinite Ammo https://youtu.be/q7JKZxz_rvY

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR0q1vp9HTs

breeze did it better m0thafkaz!!
DJ Blazar
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Infinite Ammo:
https://youtu.be/q7JKZxz_rvY

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR0q1vp9HTs

breeze did it better m0thafkaz!!

I liked the S3RL one better
Samination And you mean Styles did it better. ;)

Also, I agree with Blazar, the vocals works better in s3rl's style
trippnface breeze version has a way better melody, it wins

It took 2.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page