Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 I apologise for the vinyl rips thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
DJ Sketchy I was pissed and felt desperate at the time I wrote it. I don't think it's legal is it to buy vinyl rips x
DJ Sketchy I don't actually own any vinyl rips. I got all my records from Beatport. I will be using Trackitdown also :) Just a shame the Raverbaby collection isn't available!
Samination what? If the owners of the records (the labels) sells their music as vinyl rips, it's compleltly legal. NuEnergy have done it for some of their older stuff.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
what? If the owners of the records (the labels) sells their music as vinyl rips, it's compleltly legal. NuEnergy have done it for some of their older stuff.

Thanks Samination! Good to know.
Samination as long as it's on sites like beatport, trackitdown or junodownload, it's highly likely the labels themselfs that sells it.
djDMS If you're apologising for a pretty harmless topic, what are you going to do about all the other bollocks you keep posting?
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If you're apologising for a pretty harmless topic, what are you going to do about all the other bollocks you keep posting?

I was just worried about my image. I am thinking VERY carefully about what I am posting, trust me! It's real stuff! About as far from bollocks as you're gonna get!
Captain Triceps
quote:
If you're apologising for a pretty harmless topic, what are you going to do about all the other bollocks you keep posting?

Haha!
djDMS
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Sketchy:
quote:

I was just worried about my image. I am thinking VERY carefully about what I am posting, trust me! It's real stuff! About as far from bollocks as you're gonna get!

If this is you being careful, I REALLY don't want to know what you're holding back!

Asking about vinyl rips is far better for your image than most other stuff you've been saying. I know you're trying to create a buzz about your new album but whoever said 'any publicity is good publicity' was talking out of their arse.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
quote:
quote:

If this is you being careful, I REALLY don't want to know what you're holding back!

Asking about vinyl rips is far better for your image than most other stuff you've been saying. I know you're trying to create a buzz about your new album but whoever said 'any publicity is good publicity' was talking out of their arse.

Yeah noted. The stories were fun! Time to wind my neck in a bit now.
Samination Don't worry, I'm the Swedish Pirate, and the only thing that has happen to me is that people review my mixes less :(
latininxtc
quote:
quote:

Elipton
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Time to wind my neck in a bit now.

Thank ****
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Don't worry, I'm the Swedish Pirate, and the only thing that has happen to me is that people review my mixes less :(

Big up the Swedish Pirate Maffia!
Mickey Init The beauty of HHC.com is that one seldom apologises.
DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
The beauty of HHC.com is that one seldom apologises.

I was worried about Hixxy and co seeing my vinyl rip message. They take those things very seriously, and you could get black balled.
arpz They don't really. And I very much doubt they read this forum. Also, if your apology is merely because you were worried you'd be caught, then you surely you have to wonder if you even mean it at all.

DJ Sketchy
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
They don't really. And I very much doubt they read this forum. Also, if your apology is merely because you were worried you'd be caught, then you surely you have to wonder if you even mean it at all.

I felt I had an ownership to those records. As I've already paid for them. I don't want to be seen promoting an underhanded industry where the artists don't get royalties. It's very serious. I want to ensure I don't piss anyone off.
DJ Sketchy Also I'm sure there will be at least individuals on here who will contact the big names in question when the time arises when there is something about them. Like I just contacted Whizzkid for instance about the post I made for him. I thought buying vinyl CD rips, when I've paid for the material, would avoid me getting black balled. MAYBE NOT THOUGH. I'm on good terms with EVERYONE now too. So I don't want to fall out with people over royalties. I just need to pay for what I can get on digital and be happy with it.
latininxtc
quote:

And when they do, it's sometimes a half ass apology by Revs to Brisk!
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=49796
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

And when they do, it's sometimes a half ass apology by Revs to Brisk!
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=49796

what about my apology for being a troll?

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page