Radio listeners 188+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore 2020 - Return or not?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is free.

Screensize:
Username:
Password:
Format: Strike Sup Sub BigChar Align Left Align Right Pre Teletype Moving Text Insert Horizontal Rule Highlight (Yellow)
Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie Spell Check Youtube embed Soundcloud embed Mixcloud embed Bandcamp embed

Message Icon:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Impact Hi All - Been a while...

It?s been over 10 years since I retired from the hardcore scene, and many on this forum won?t remember me.
For those that do - I?ve been contemplating Producing Hardcore again, but honestly...I have no idea of the state of the scene currently. Are there still hardcore events? Is there even still a following? Questions I?d hope you?d help me answer...

For context: I left the hardcore scene in 2008 to pursue other ventures. I?ve been successful in those other ventures, but no matter what I think about next - it always brings me back to hardcore. This isn't about making money (never was), and would purely because of love/ passion, because hardcore is in me, it?s part of me, and will always be part of me!

So...my questions for you all are:
1. Is there still a market?
2. What is hardcore in 2020?
3. What would you like Hardcore to be/ sound like? (most important)
4. Would you welcome a comeback?

Open to all feedback, positive and negative - I?ve had my share of both

Thanks!
Rory (Impact)
lone_raver 1. Probably not
2. Not very good
3. Like you made it before you left
4. Oh yes indeed but like you made it before you left. Pretty please!!
The drunken scotsman I cant really give much insight into what hardcore is in 2020. Probably most on this forum who actively post are in the older generation and not so much into the current scene or whatever is left of it. I would love to hear some new bits from you if it was anything like what you made in the past.

Sunrise, Someday, summer sun are a few of my favourites of yours and Id love to hear some new material along those lines.
Vladel 1- I'm not sure at this stage.
2- there are still some good producers (hptg music and Al storms label). Most is 160bpm hardstyle knock off which is the latest iteration since the dark days of 2012.
3- I don't want us to reply the past but what has always drawn me is hard and happy (hence why I now follow restyle and Korsakoff from the Dutch scene. Or powerstomp when it was around). You once released a bootleg called "the finest" and while I wasn't keen on the sample, the track structure and flow I loved and optimised what I loved about that era.
4- I would love a comeback and I would hope you would do your own thing rather than fall into the sound of others like quite a few disappointing returns where we hoped for a change only for them to sound like everyone else.

Overall it's just great to know you are ok and I'm glad we heard from you.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Impact:
Hi All - Been a while...

It?s been over 10 years since I retired from the hardcore scene, and many on this forum won?t remember me.
For those that do - I?ve been contemplating Producing Hardcore again, but honestly...I have no idea of the state of the scene currently. Are there still hardcore events? Is there even still a following? Questions I?d hope you?d help me answer...

For context: I left the hardcore scene in 2008 to pursue other ventures. I?ve been successful in those other ventures, but no matter what I think about next - it always brings me back to hardcore. This isn't about making money (never was), and would purely because of love/ passion, because hardcore is in me, it?s part of me, and will always be part of me!

Thanks!
Rory (Impact)

I remember your name, which is impressive considering I don't follow UK Hardcore much. But from an old skool head like me i'll answer your questions.

1. Is there still a market? - Probably, I see new releases often so someone is buying it
2. What is hardcore in 2020? - Ask our mainland European friends, that's what hardcore is. UK Hardcore is a dead genre being flogged by a diehard selection of people desperate to keep it going, but to the majority of other people, its a joke scene now

3. What would you like Hardcore to be/ sound like? (most important) I genuinely cannot answer that as no matter how many times people have tried, you cannot polish a turd. UK Hardcore or whatever form it takes is a tired style of music. But going back to the roots wouldn't help either as that's equally as tired. No one here can answer that and be right.

4. Would you welcome a comeback? I would never criticise anyone for producing and doing what they like, you obviously had some success back in the early noughties.

So what ever you decide to do, good luck with it, but for me, apart from 1 track in 1000 (Al Storm and Euphony's - Like it like that) the rest just continue to flog that dead horse.
DJ Bounce Yes mate come back! And send me some of your old stuff that I've lost too haha.

There's not really a market but hardcore definitely needs a boot up the arse and you were on top of your game before you left.
Smoogie Welcome back! I remember you from when you was here before!

As for Hardcore in 2020 that is a good question and the same one asked for the past few years but it is quiet over the past decade now.

I am actually following the UK Hard House scene these days and there is some proper raw tunage coming out at only 150BPM. Hardcore has a long way to go if it wants to reach the level that it had in the past or what Hard House has now but there are still people producing and a few revival scenes going on but it has been quite a few years since anyone embraced the scene like they used to
Guest there is no market for uk hardcore, i killed it year's ago and it will never return

https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/popular-events.php?g=18

the mainstream way, nothing else, nobody care's about nothing else

Impulse_Response 1. No idea. There's no scene where I live.
2. Sorting through heaps of garbage to find a track I like enough to buy.
3. 2001-2005
4. Yes! I also wouldn't mind digital releases of the old stuff if possible, because it costs a lot to ship records over from the UK.
Guest you can work it out with these

https://www.4kdownload.com/ buy them from https://www.hardtunes.com/ when your done

Elys1um
quote:

Thanks!
Rory (Impact)

I'll answer the most important question first, numbers 3 &4:

This sound was and is the apotheosis of Happy Hardcore to me, anything in this vein would be amazing, so would love to have you back!!
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Xclusive-Happy-Hardcore/release/1253542
This is one of my favorite albums of all time out of any genre.

I think the market for UKHC is small, but these things go in cycles, so I believe it can grow again, any support from producers like you is nessecary for this ofc. During 2010s UKHC developed in the direction of Powerstomp and I guess what Darren Styles is doing right now (Reverse Bass stuff at 160 BPM, faster than Hardstyle but slower than UKHC). Only preference I have to state as a fan of classic HHC/UKHC/Freeform, that "EDM-y" riffs and melodies is a electronic music trend of the 2010s that I absolutely abhor. Dumbing down and killing the euphoria and uplifting energy of (supersaw) melodies is something I don't want to hear in "modernized" UKHC. While he's Dutch Hardcore/Gabber, Re-Style (and Sefa!) are putting out some great melodies right now in the hardcore scene.

Out of modern tunes I've heard, I think this captures the feel of classic HHC the best while evolving the sound in a new direction.

Mickey Init Would be great if you could put some new stuff out as well as re-release Infexious Audio.
One idea might be to team up with Hardcore Underground to make it happen. That way we could perhaps get a Fracus & Darwin remix of Someday.
Guest dutch hardcore/gabba is just called hardcore if you goto any hardstyle event's in the uk or anywhere else in the world, while uk hardcore event's are meaningless, and aren't part of the bigger picture when it comes to hardcore
Samination some Impact freeform from before you left would be nice :)

Also, don't listen to Guest. He's just a loony from USH
NaVi Just signed up to say that the mix you posted here before you retired was an all time favorite of mine. I stopped paying much attention to hardcore after 2010 or so but I'd still play that every once in a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
some Impact freeform from before you left would be nice :)

its all you that are loons and living in the dark age, most people who used to post on here make hardstyle, it has alot more events in the uk, and be why darren styles started doing hardstyle

the same as alot of people still play on kniteforce.fm or whatever
Samination
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:

its all you that are loons and living in the dark age, most people who used to post on here make hardstyle, it has alot more events in the uk, and be why darren styles started doing hardstyle

Most people? I onl know of 3 that has gone to make hardstyle, and two of them made a career out of it while on just made it for a bit of fun.

The rest? They went even further back and make 90-95 styled hardcore/breakbeat hardcore
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most people? I onl know of 3 that has gone to make hardstyle, and two of them made a career out of it while on just made it for a bit of fun.

The rest? They went even further back and make 90-95 styled hardcore/breakbeat hardcore

you should pay more attention to the 100s of hardstyle event's on skiddle most year's have scattered around the uk https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/popular-events.php?g=18

uk hardcore has 10 a year
Anon. Darren styles only jumped on the hardstyle bandwagon because its the big thing just now.

Torpex Hi Impact, you made some of the most iconic and memorable UKhc tracks of all time. Thanks for that. :)

quote:
This isn't about making money (never was), and would purely because of love/ passion, because hardcore is in me, it?s part of me, and will always be part of me!

Then just make (and upload) some. :) Good luck!
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Would be great if you could put some new stuff out as well as re-release Infexious Audio.
One idea might be to team up with Hardcore Underground to make it happen. That way we could perhaps get a Fracus & Darwin remix of Someday.

They would **** that up so badly
AWal There's a name I though I'd never hear from again.

I hadn't even done a gig and was still popping my UKHC cherry back in 08.

From a money perspective, things have changed considerably. Streaming is the way to go eventually (for the masses that use it), but you'll want to keep with distribution, or at least self-publish digital tracks to cover all bases.
Some groups and individuals are using direct sales systems for this, but if you can't be arsed with that, there's this fantastic website called BandCamp now that allows artists to directly sell to fans for a 70/30 split, but you set the price (...or you can put it up for free).

Hardcore is strange in 2020:
Vinyl is a niche thing now, not an expectation.
Thanks to other countries taking interest the more modern sounds we have returned to the term Happy Hardcore to refer to the style. Take that as you will...
We have peeps introducing elements from other harder styles into the mix, some of it works well, some of it just doesn't...
...Then we have other peeps trying to blur the already thin lines between Hard Dance and Happy Hardcore.

If you wanted to continue to produce songs the same way you always had you'd still do well, as many still take interest in the style, but using modern techniques could also be a good thing...Really, one would have to try these things to see if they work.

A comeback would be welcome with open arms, I'd assume, but you'll have to promise us to square away for the things that have been lost to time. I'd kill for an Infexious Audio re-issue though BandCamp, twice.
trippnface
quote:
Hi All - Been a while...

Thanks!
Rory (Impact)

brooo!!! aren't you in LA? Hardcore parties still go in in LA and SF, HTID USA doing work.

I will never forget til the last beat drops i think 2010 you played, dream come true. Impact & resist productions some of my favorite ever to this day.

1) def still a market. Not as big as previously, but tons of people still waiting for solid hardcore feels in a really stagnant scene. Look how successful Kevin energy was with his recent kickstarter. fans are there, people are willing. Proper marketing & advertising is key.

2) most "popular" hardcore produced in the modern style is very lacking. it's been slowed down, uses too many hardstyle influences, massive loss in euphoric energy. HU & 24/7 hardcore still put out some great tracks, tracks that still make my uk hardcore tingles go off. Al Storm, UFO, bananaman, stompy, etc, they are still making bangers.

3) I'm not going to tell you what your hardcore should sound like, but your productions were always ace ****ing on point, i'd be very keen to see what you can come up with now, or some of the collabs you could pull with the current 24/7 crew. your mix on hardcore tunez 3 is my favorite hardcore mix ever. here are some of my current favorite productions :

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/maxi-malone-sky-high-preview-clip

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/entity-for-your-love-out-now

https://247hardcore.bandcamp.com/album/stand-by-you-together-again

4) I think any hardcore fan would be ecstatic to have you back dude, there is a resurgence for sure, the energy in the USA at a hardcore party is still ****ing top.

BRING IT!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Anon.:
Darren styles only jumped on the hardstyle bandwagon because its the big thing just now.

cos it aint full of nerds and students, make all the sissies of drum & bass cry

Elys1um
quote:

brooo!!! aren't you in LA? Hardcore parties still go in in LA and SF, HTID USA doing work.

Yup, events at DNA Lounge in SF still keep it alive, also the UG scene in LA, Sacramento, Oakland... great stuff!
fafaforza
quote:
quote:
Darren styles only jumped on the hardstyle bandwagon because its the big thing just now.

I'm genuinely curious what those two clips were meant to show, because I don't see very many happy and friendly faces, and not much in the form of actual music.

And did I get this right? Your contention is that "moving out of the stone ages" is to listen to what all the crowds are listening to? So does that mean you're a diehard Taylor Swift fan? Beyonc?? Kind of a ridiculous thing to tell hardcore fans, to go listen to what's popular, and dare I say, going mainstream.

You seem pretty down on Hardcore, and you're offering nothing but moans and complaints to someone looking to contribute something.

So you don't like the music, and have no interest in seeing it improve, so why are you even on this forum?
quote:
Originally posted by fafaforza:
quote:
quote:

I'm genuinely curious what those two clips were meant to show, because I don't see very many happy and friendly faces, and not much in the form of actual music.

And did I get this right? Your contention is that "moving out of the stone ages" is to listen to what all the crowds are listening to? So does that mean you're a diehard Taylor Swift fan? Beyonc?? Kind of a ridiculous thing to tell hardcore fans, to go listen to what's popular, and dare I say, going mainstream.

You seem pretty down on Hardcore, and you're offering nothing but moans and complaints to someone looking to contribute something.

So you don't like the music, and have no interest in seeing it improve, so why are you even on this forum?

there is not much point contributing to uk hardcore, it has essentially been dead for 10 year's, i am the not in the topic title, Impact would be better off with uk hardstyle which is 90% reverse bass, which is roughly the same as powerstomp

drum & bass died and became a gay scene when they all spent 10 year's calling everyone chav's scum and loser's, and now it is full of nerd's and student's

that won't happen with hardstyle or hardcore, nerd's will get a slap, they killed dubstep with all their crying as well

Elys1um
quote:
drum & bass died and became a gay scene when they all spent 10 year's calling everyone chav's scum and loser's, and now it is full of nerd's and student's

that won't happen with hardstyle or hardcore, nerd's will get a slap, they killed dubstep with all their crying as well

Truly all nerds and students must tremble in fear of a mix that includes tracks by Timmy Trumpet, Steve Aoki & AVB and remixes of songs like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hyYWKXF0Q
Cheesier than vintage cheddar Reverse bass is awesome but that track is clownshoes, atleast the early 2000s Hardstyle scene didn't sample and remix cheesy pop shite like that
quote:
Originally posted by Elys1um:
quote:

Truly all nerds and students must tremble in fear of a mix that includes tracks by Timmy Trumpet, Steve Aoki & AVB and remixes of songs like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0hyYWKXF0Q
Cheesier than vintage cheddar Reverse bass is awesome but that track is clownshoes, atleast the early 2000s Hardstyle scene didn't sample and remix cheesy pop shite like that

haven't listened to none of it, it is the first mix on a youtube search
Impact Thanks for all the replies, and positive feedback

Firstly, I would never come back to hardcore and conform. Meaning, I would ONLY make what I believe to be hardcore, not the utter shit that I?m hearing currently (sorry people, it?s utter shit currently).

If I came back, I would do it my way, without the care for money, purely for the love. Maybe an Infexious Audio Digital 2.0, maybe something else. Either way, it would 100% and how I?ve always done it - A blend of uplifting vocal tracks and freeform

For Example: I?ve been talking to my good friend Kevin Energy about collaborating on some new vocal freeform tracks
PS: Sorry ?Guest?, I don?t like Gabba or hardstyle, never have, never will

What are your guys thoughts?
trippnface
quote:
Thanks for all the replies, and positive feedback

Firstly, I would never come back to hardcore and conform. Meaning, I would ONLY make what I believe to be hardcore, not the utter shit that I?m hearing currently (sorry people, it?s utter shit currently).

If I came back, I would do it my way, without the care for money, purely for the love. Maybe an Infexious Audio Digital 2.0, maybe something else. Either way, it would 100% and how I?ve always done it - A blend of uplifting vocal tracks and freeform

For Example: I?ve been talking to my good friend Kevin Energy about collaborating on some new vocal freeform tracks

Do it up dude, I def backed that kev energy project.

don't mind guest he's a troll
LeVzi
quote:

Well freeform is utter sh!t , so vocal freeform is about as bad as that genre could get.
Elys1um
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
quote:

Well freeform is utter sh!t , so vocal freeform is about as bad as that genre could get.

I don't know what you're on about, this stuff can amazing

Granted whether you classify some of these as freeform or UKHC is pretty much a matter of coin toss... Anyway I don't know how vocals would fit in with that (if you mean uplifting UKHC female vocals), but old school UK freeform like that would be dope for sure

Edit: Btw, you should start a Facebook page

LeVzi No, freeform, trancecore , call it what you want, is utter sh!t, always was, always will be.
Vladel
quote:

Sounds fantastic
quote:

pansy, buy a sub box, your gabba will sound like the video without any tweaking in TENQ or OZONE VSI's

and make all the drum & bass bitches cry at car meet's

Impulse_Response
quote:

I like everything I heard of your older material, so I'll support anything new you produce! Especially if you have uplifting vocal and freeform tracks.
Entity This is extremely thin ice here. Especially posting on this very forum. You do as you please..
Sulphurik There hasn't been too many vocal freeform tracks but this came into my mind, what a track this was!

Found Kevin Energy's remix of the track, don't think had heard this, sounds good.
Sulphurik
Sulphurik
quote:
No, freeform, trancecore , call it what you want, is utter sh!t, always was, always will be.

Could mention many tunes, here's one I'll post.
Impact See what you all think of this: https://soundcloud.com/rory-bebbington-170146694/here-comes-the-sunlight-impact

Not sure what Hardcore in 2020 sounds like, but hey...it's something
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
See what you all think of this: https://soundcloud.com/rory-bebbington-170146694/here-comes-the-sunlight-impact

That is just amazing!

If it feels right, no need to be asking what other people think, I think.

and I think you feel it, when it comes to what you produce.
Impact Thanks man! I've always felt it :)

And for the freeform crew: https://soundcloud.com/rory-bebbington-170146694/john-b-midnight-air-impact-remix

Just a couple of different bits to hopefully wet the appetite
DJ_FunDaBounce
quote:
Thanks man! I've always felt it :)

And for the freeform crew: https://soundcloud.com/rory-bebbington-170146694/john-b-midnight-air-impact-remix

Just a couple of different bits to hopefully wet the appetite

woah! :O

now THAT's what I mean! :)

You're a natural! :D
Impulse_Response Both of those are outstanding!
Samination is the male vocal supposed to overtake the song like that?

And the way it is plastered over the intro reminds me of how reese and the k12 used to do their intro's, which annoyed me a little, because sometimes it worked, but mostly it didn't >_<
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:
No, freeform, trancecore , call it what you want, is utter sh!t, always was, always will be.

Could mention many tunes, here's one I'll post.

Thanks, a perfect example of how utterly crap the genre is. Freeform, previously Trancecore, was the most boring thing to spawn from Hardcore ever. It is basically fast trance, and not everyone likes or wants to hear it. They do not mix. When billy bunter n hixxy went all bang the the future, yes, some people liked it, but the majority didn't. And events started losing popularity. Sharkey is supposed to be the originator of it, but if you listen to the early stuff, his "trancecore" was just hardcore.

If you like freefrom, great, but keep your music to room 3.
DJ Bounce
quote:
See what you all think of this: https://soundcloud.com/rory-bebbington-170146694/here-comes-the-sunlight-impact

This is the best thing I have heard since you left hardcore!
Elys1um It's starting to sound like the golden age again! Def keep on churning more new tunes (y)
Craigavon raver
quote:
there is no market for uk hardcore, i killed it year's ago and it will never return

The kicks are absolute terrible! not quite as bad as 2018 but near enough, don't know what was going on with gabber, nearly every track was the same shity kicks, and about 3 or 4 different sounding kicks, and all crap may I add! that ending of the track would be so much better if it had a decent beat!
Mad Max So...my questions for you all are:
1. Is there still a market? Yes if you do it right. Limited edition cds or something exclusive. I don't go for just downloads. A usb stick of all your works?
2. What is hardcore in 2020? Does it have to be defined by a year or sound. Just a good fast track would be nice.
3. What would you like Hardcore to be/ sound like? You made some good vocal tracks and some slamming freeform so either would be nice.
4. Would you welcome a comeback? Always loved your stuff I have noticed over the years you pop back now and again. You still like it so just follow what you like and make some.
Vladel
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:
there is no market for uk hardcore, i killed it year's ago and it will never return

The kicks are absolute terrible! not quite as bad as 2018 but near enough, don't know what was going on with gabber, nearly every track was the same shity kicks, and about 3 or 4 different sounding kicks, and all crap may I add! that ending of the track would be so much better if it had a decent beat!

So much gabber has kicks with no guts at all at the moment. Guests solution is to buy a ?3000 stereo but good tunes should sound good on any average system. It's just laziness on producers part.
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
quote:

So much gabber has kicks with no guts at all at the moment. Guests solution is to buy a ?3000 stereo but good tunes should sound good on any average system. It's just laziness on producers part.

all hardcore has real kick's, you just need a sub box, the distortion is EQ'd for mid range, which in a club is the sub frequency range for a studio monitor or hifi speaker, ontop of that masters of hardcore label have the shittest engineer's, and none of the tracks' have bass, unless you re-engineer them so you can mix them with all the other labels

this will give you plenty of bass on mid range speakers

and make your car explode with some 15" sub box in the trunk

Guest -
Vladel Again, talking bollocks guest. Just admit that the majority just doesn't have any balls anymore
Guest if you think your 45hz kicks are banging, you would shit your pants 20hz basslines and 35hz kicks from proper hardcore

uk hardcore kicks, and most music which stick's to 45hz, have zero bass on any system, unless you are sat under some monitor's in some gay nerd studio

this is what real system's are made of, to handle bass and RMS with no clipping on the peak metre

Guest also install https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ for all your ASIO soundcard equalizer need's and VST hosting
Vladel All o hear is blah blah blah guest. It's ok to admit you don't like real hardcore.
Guest learn how to engineer, bass control knobs are a parametric EQ for 20hz -> 60hz

uk hardcore is not real hardcore, it was invented in 1996 while real hardcore carried on and stayed being the hardcore scene for most of the world, and why uk hardcore is called uk/happy hardcore

either way, it will end up like captain no bass without any re-engineering

to something like this

Guest <<- be all like, ****ing tourists around your car

Anon. Guest please stop posting shit music.

You remind me of a guy back in USH days called rogue, are you him ?

Guest i'm the man that built the whole hardcore scene on the island and killed uk hardcore, i invented dubstep and made the whole sissy drum & bass scene cry for 10 years on their gay little kool fm and in the clubs, cos its a gay scene

Captain Triceps Does that answer your question?
LeVzi Don't talk about good hardcore then post an Anime track ffs. she's shit. Fit though.
Guest hardly shit, she mix better then all you and everyone on masters of hardcore rocking their ableton sets, you uk hardcore event peckers learn the world of hardstyle events which have nothing to do with destructive tendencies and all the general ******** uk hardcore events call gabba, while hardcore is hardcore at hardstyle events and all mainsteam keeping it real, also just hardcore in bristol and the whole south west, and is what people are wanting when they are all wanting hardcore at a motion free rave
Anon.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Does that answer your question?

Pretty much. Now what happened to wilky ?

Captain Triceps
quote:
quote:

Ah, good ol' Spunk Licker. He's still kicking about on Facebook, I see him commenting here and there.
Are you a member of the USH Facebook group?
thedjjudah
quote:
Don't talk about good hardcore then post an Anime track ffs. she's shit. Fit though.

She IS hot! But I didn't mind the track at all. The breakdown could've been better, but the drop sounded great to me.

Or are you talking about her mixing?
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by thedjjudah:
quote:
Don't talk about good hardcore then post an Anime track ffs. she's shit. Fit though.

She IS hot! But I didn't mind the track at all. The breakdown could've been better, but the drop sounded great to me.

I've never paid attention to her mixing abilities tbh, but she's never written a track in her life lol all ghost produced. She probably gets Mad Dog's hand me downs.
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've never paid attention to her mixing abilities tbh, but she's never written a track in her life lol all ghost produced. She probably gets Mad Dog's hand me downs.

she still can mix, after 6 hour's of bang at an event, everybody remember's a good placed vocal drop for 10 years after

in the end is still a whole lot better then this shit, which is more like only a quarter of it was made, like most of the album cos mad dog needs some money

quote:
quote:
quote:

you will have to make do with her latest stream, all the others are private

sub box on or off, still sounds good

Quicksilver I never thought I'd ever hear new Impact music again. The joy!

Here Comes The Sunlight is quite good but I'm not fond of the vocals. Also think it needs a bit different last drop, not a copy paste. Maybe start the second drop with vocals and have it lead into the main melody with a pluck melody or piano. :)

Midnight Air reminds me a lot of the tracks with Nomad "Voices" and "Utopia".

To me, your best work was honestly Come With Me remix (as Unique, cause that was you wasn't it or am I totally in the wrong here?), Teardrops remix and Stay. Also Party Hard.
Captain Triceps
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

To me, your best work was honestly Come With Me remix (as Unique, cause that was you wasn't it or am I totally in the wrong here?)

Yes. Stunning track, and by far the best version.
Samination Impact vs Digital Anarchy - Revenge
Impact - Funky Technician
Love Assassins - Teardrops (Impact remix)
Impact - Phat as Fauck
Impact & Fade ft Kelly - Guiding Light
DJ Impact - Haunted
PhantomB Hardcore has changed a lot in the past 12 years and not for the better. I still go to a few raves a year around the UK and the venues are so much smaller these days. The big weekend hardcore events don't happen anymore either hell even htid in the sun is a thing of the past and has been for a couple of years. I'd say drum and bass is now at the top of the underground rave scene.
DJIntensity Is there still a market no
Hardcore in 2020 hardly any only one seventy keeping it going
Pretty much how you did during your days
A comeback would be amazing need producers like you
quote:
Originally posted by PhantomB:
Hardcore has changed a lot in the past 12 years and not for the better. I still go to a few raves a year around the UK and the venues are so much smaller these days. The big weekend hardcore events don't happen anymore either hell even htid in the sun is a thing of the past and has been for a couple of years. I'd say drum and bass is now at the top of the underground rave scene.

drum & bass died in 2006 when it became a gay scene, then dubstep had a few year's, then all the nerd's killed that, then i built the hardcore scene and took it to westfest and everyone on drum & bass arena said wanker it can't be done, and has been king for the past 10 year's

get bored of making hardcore, you can make the future of techno

https://youtu.be/_WCur8LhH8I?t=1001

12:10 : 16:40
Guest did rock imagination the other day, and is still the defination of tekstep, random ASDA car park moments

rd3m-2 You should return. Its your passion. Make it however you want to. Personally, I think your a legend and would love to hear new tunes from you. I loved Impact & Resist you just know when you listen there is passion behind the sound. Even if you only create for the audience that remembers you, your gonna makes someones day. 100% you should.
Impact Well, it doesn?t seem hardcore has progressed much at all in the past 10 years, especially the petty bs in forums. Not pleasing to see this thread get dominated by someone called ?Guest? with random posts about **** knows what - Reminds me of USH 20 years ago.

Regardless, on a positive note...I?ve decided to make a new hardcore album. Stay tuned!
Samination
quote:
Well, it doesn?t seem hardcore has progressed much at all in the past 10 years, especially the petty bs in forums. Not pleasing to see this thread get dominated by someone called ?Guest? with random posts about **** knows what - Reminds me of USH 20 years ago.

Regardless, on a positive note...I?ve decided to make a new hardcore album. Stay tuned!

that's because Guest is from USH, and he did the same things there :P
So just ignore him.

And I'm pretty sure that even if we did get him banned, he'll just make a new account...
trippnface
quote:
Well, it doesn?t seem hardcore has progressed much at all in the past 10 years, especially the petty bs in forums. Not pleasing to see this thread get dominated by someone called ?Guest? with random posts about **** knows what - Reminds me of USH 20 years ago.

Nice one dude, that's epic. any chance of getting a back cat of your stuff, or something along those lines?
Anon.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ah, good ol' Spunk Licker. He's still kicking about on Facebook, I see him commenting here and there.
Are you a member of the USH Facebook group?

I would rather slit my wrists than be a member on there, the original USH was a breeding ground for toxicity.

Vladel
quote:

Thank god because the selection for sale at the minute is just depressing.
Impact
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

Nice one dude, that's epic. any chance of getting a back cat of your stuff, or something along those lines?
[/quote]

Yep! I?m planning on releasing 2 CD?s (digital and limited edition physical CD?s).
- One will be a selection of my favorite released & unreleased tracks (Unique & Impact).
- The other will be all brand new tracks!
trippnface
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

Yep! I?m planning on releasing 2 CD?s (digital and limited edition physical CD?s).
- One will be a selection of my favorite released & unreleased tracks (Unique & Impact).
[/quote]

score!!!
LeVzi Its a fking stupid forum in that respect, as it would be so much simpler if people could put asshats like Guest on block, so you don't have to see the crap he posts. But no, that's too much to ask.
quote:
Its a fking stupid forum in that respect, as it would be so much simpler if people could put asshats like Guest on block, so you don't have to see the crap he posts. But no, that's too much to ask.

quit crying and get with the times, there is a reason hardcore is hardcore at tomorrowland and in ibiza and all the big mainstream event's, it is hardcore with all the club nights to fuel it and sell tickets and the global scene

uk hardcore is nothing and never will be nothing again, just like drum & bass
Quicksilver Imagine wasting your precious time in this life doing what Guest does.
Vladel
quote:
Imagine wasting your precious time in this life doing what Guest does.

He's like the kid who insists he's too cool for the gang but can't bear to leave because he hasn't got any other friends.
Impulse_Response Does AniMe ever relieve herself of some of that clothing for sets, streams, social media, etc.? I'd follow her and suffer through listening to gabber for that.
Impulse_Response I'm excited to hear about the new album! I'll definitely buy it.
LeVzi
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
Does AniMe ever relieve herself of some of that clothing for sets, streams, social media, etc.? I'd follow her and suffer through listening to gabber for that.

She's not like Abeyance
Impact
quote:
quote:
Does AniMe ever relieve herself of some of that clothing for sets, streams, social media, etc.? I'd follow her and suffer through listening to gabber for that.

She's not like Abeyance

LOL...I?d almost forgotten about that
DJ Bounce
quote:
quote:
quote:

She's not like Abeyance

I'll never forget that manky ring piece.
Impact
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Bounce:
quote:
quote:
quote:

She's not like Abeyance

I'll never forget that manky ring piece.

I really tried to...until now (vomit)

Impulse_Response
quote:
quote:

She's not like Abeyance

This piques my interest. Please elaborate.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:

She's not like Abeyance

This piques my interest. Please elaborate.

Believe me, you don't wanna know. Plus I doubt the pictures even exist anymore.
quote:
quote:

He's like the kid who insists he's too cool for the gang but can't bear to leave because he hasn't got any other friends.

wouldn't call any of you mates, your a bunch of old loner's still rocking 20 year old track's and haven't had a life since, which is why you have no clue about what is what and what happen's in the clubs and the streets
Vladel
quote:
quote:
quote:

wouldn't call any of you mates, your a bunch of old loner's still rocking 20 year old track's and haven't had a life since, which is why you have no clue about what is what and what happen's in the clubs and the streets

So if we are so sad, why are you here? Perhaps there's more than one place you are the unwelcome guest.
quote:

she has aload of random pic's on insta if you care enough for all that rubbish

dj anime the porn star init
Samination
quote:
quote:

she has aload of random pic's on insta if you care enough for all that rubbish

dj anime the porn star init

I'd rather see a fuk ugly shemale than to read your stupid comments every other day.
LeVzi
quote:
quote:
quote:

But then neither do you. I don't call posting youtube videos of hardcore being "up to date" and what you w@nk over in Maxpower doesn't interest me either.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But then neither do you. I don't call posting youtube videos of hardcore being "up to date" and what you w@nk over in Maxpower doesn't interest me either.

I know everything about my empire i built, most of my post are all about everything 6 months before it happens, just have to look on skiddle, 100+ hardstyle hardcore wvents every year in the uk, only 10 will have uk haedcore
Guest also why ibiza goes hard doesn't have uk hardcore
htid_4_life Hardcore Underground have some great packs, I might have to treat myself when i can afford them. I think that is all I can do at the minute, online shopping some tunes
Vladel HU seem to be a spent force imo.
Dudweiser
quote:

hahaha, brilliant.

On topic though, come back Impact, listened to you since back in the day and still got a bunch of your tunes. Your only option is more tracks for the guys who know you are great! If not for us do it for yourself and UK Hardcore!
AWal
quote:
Yep! I'm planning on releasing 2 CDs (digital and limited edition physical CDs).

Looking forward to what you might have in store for us.
quote:
Originally posted by Dudweiser:
quote:

hahaha, brilliant.

not really, you waste your time with uk hardcore, get 200 views on youtube on all the labels and a max of 10 club nights every year
Samination
quote:
quote:
quote:

hahaha, brilliant.

not really, you waste your time with uk hardcore, get 200 views on youtube on all the labels and a max of 10 club nights every year

So you rather measure your success in how much fake pussy you get instead of producing what you want? So you're basically no better than the ****s that made Gammer escape from UK Hardcore
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

hahaha, brilliant.

So you rather measure your success in how much fake pussy you get instead of producing what you want? So you're basically no better than the ****s that made Gammer escape from UK Hardcore

not really, the bigger the audience, usually comes with bigger the inspiration, and drive to make something new
danielseven Welcome back Rory! It's been a long time! I really like the stuff you made back to your days, such good hardcore with trance elements!

You might not know me, I'm Daniel Seven and I'm a hardcore (and Hard Dance) producer from Italy!

To answer your questions:

1. The market has switched actually, going from sales to streams system, and I think that even hardcore and hard dance music is going into that direction. There are some albums still made (like the Hardcore Heaven series) and generally even with digital singles is going ok-ish - just look at how Beatport changed the tag from "Hardcore / Hard Techno" to "Hard Dance / Hardcore" exactly to give a platform to buy music that can be considered a valid sequel of TrackItDown.

2. Hardcore in 2020 is actually embracing a lot the Hardstyle (with a comeback of the trancey-ish riffs as well as the raw-sounding stuff) but also some Hard House vibes. However, there seems to be a revival of the classic melodic sound due to the covid-19 pandemic making people listen to the music at home rather than going out dancing.

3. Is kinda already happening that now hardcore is going back into having memorable vocal lines and melodies that made it amazing in the 90s and mid-2000s.

4. A comeback would be amazing from you. It's a great time to push new music, but it would be better to think about that not with the same mentality of the 2000s, because the market, as said before, went from a sales system to a stream system. You would benefit a lot if you put your music on YouTube and Spotify rather than focus on selling it on Beatport. Also, radio edits are also getting back.
danielseven
quote:

To be really blunt, the best way you can sell something is to make what you really feel doing. People can see that nowadays.

You don't need to make that "utter shit" as you call it to be appreciated.
danielseven Absolutely love your new track "Here Comes The Sunlight"!
HARRIBO
quote:

Hell yes i hope so. Someday and i wish have been mainstays on my iphone library since released!

It took 5.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page