of 5

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/06/02 :  13:57:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
They cater to the american audience rather than the european (more compatibly one)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2020/06/02 :  14:02:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
because I'm not sure that many people actually realise it, but each previous version of Hardcore Heaven (including this one) has featured a different artist on CD 2 each time and that's perfect because I don't think they've found that standout artist yet who should prominently feature alongside F&D.

That's not true, Al Storm did 4 & 5 and was fantastic on both. I was surprised to see he wasn't on 6 TBH or that they didn't make it a 3 disc set.

Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Alex Threat has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/06/02 :  14:43:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage  Reply with quote
3 disc set could have been a great idea. Especially if the 3rd disc was like you've said, Al Storm / 24/7 stuff

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/06/02 :  18:35:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Just ordered my copy there now alomg with chywynny album, bit disappointed with some of the comments though, as I've only heard 2 clips of this and really liked the sound of it and was hoping for a really good edition, wasn't really expecting 160 bpm stuff, well just have to listen to it all to find out for myself

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/06/03 :  18:27:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Might as well have David Guetta do the next one because this was less hardcore heaven and more like Hardcore middle ground with guest Dregs mix.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2020/06/08 :  21:56:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
One track was expecting to see on this album was Hixxy - Deep in the night (Jakka-B remix), sounds much better than the Heavens Above remix.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2020/06/09 :  02:04:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Why are people accepting this notion that 160 bpm is UK Hardcore? This is like 2000-2002 all over again with artists making the 160 bpm tracks.

I'm just surprised HU would give in to this.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
Posted - 2020/06/09 :  02:05:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
They cater to the american audience rather than the european (more compatibly one)

I'm in the States and I dislike this "160 bpm is UK Hardcore" idea. It's just a cash grab into the Hardstyle scene.

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/06/09 :  02:38:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Is there that much of an audience here?

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2020/06/09 :  11:00:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Not a fan of 160, but to me "happy hard" (whichever strain, flavour or era you pick) has always worked well pitched up. Not all 160 tracks sound great at 180, but some do. I'd prefer if everyone sticked to 165+.

I think the current diversity is great though. If you like pre-2010 ukhc, there's plenty of that sound around now. Newer quirkier stuff with minimal drops and the like - lots that too. Bick kick - sure. Freeform - yeah. Hard dance / hardstyle crossovers, not need to look far.

I'm honestly baffled when people claim the sound has fundamentally changed, it's not for them any more etc. Which sound? Have you looked elsewhere?

Same with this album. Ok, so here's a slower, more hard dance influenced installment. That's cool, I'm sure the next one will be different in some way. Or not. There's plenty of alternatives.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,938 posts
Posted - 2020/06/09 :  21:32:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:

Is there that much of an audience here?

The newbies only know three artists here: S3RL, Darren Styles, & Gammer.

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2020/06/09 21:35:48
Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/06/13 :  08:06:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
CD1 is 160? That's interesting considering I've got a track that runs at 170-175 in the mix, and then another at the ends that brings it up to 200. I need to stress I've not heard the mix yet.

martinj1985

United Kingdom
441 posts
Posted - 2020/06/13 :  09:03:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit martinj1985's homepage  Reply with quote
Might have a look into this , shame they never have a freeform disk

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/06/13 :  16:09:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
CD1 is 160? That's interesting considering I've got a track that runs at 170-175 in the mix, and then another at the ends that brings it up to 200. I need to stress I've not heard the mix yet.

The tracks on disk 1 are all at adequate speed as far as I remember, disk 2 is 50% pop music I.e 160 BPM. I don't know if it's mixed faster as I tend not to listen to the mixes.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/06/13 :  17:31:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
I think the current diversity is great though. If you like pre-2010 ukhc, there's plenty of that sound around now. Newer quirkier stuff with minimal drops and the like - lots that too. Bick kick - sure. Freeform - yeah. Hard dance / hardstyle crossovers, not need to look far.

While I haven't listened to HH5 or HH6, but I doubt the diversity in the selection of tracks are any bigger than HH1-4, which i do own and is one of the reason I haven't bought 5 or 6 yet. I'm not the target audience anymore, and with CDJay's lack of responses to this forum, which has 9 out of 10 ALWAYS had his back, I doubt I will ever become a customer to Hardcore Underground again. With the exception of imports perhaps, but with their policy of not selling CDs (which they broke themselves within a month or so), I'll guess that bit wont happen either

Entity: considering both your tracks are listed as "HH6 mixes", could the have been edited without your involvement? The 2 tracks before your last track appears to have normal speeds of 173 and 176 BPM, so i doubt they'd pitch so many tracks down for the mix

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2020/06/13 17:36:52

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page