Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Just a quick cheers !!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  11:08:59  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone that has sent messages and emails regarding "Shooting Star".

I know that some of you may not have been that keen to see it in the charts, and I also know some of you don't like the remixes that were done by Flip & Fill, but after speaking to them both, they are passionate guys, who love all music. In my experience, that's the kind of enthusiasm the music industry needs, so let's not kill it, let's encourage it

The conversations I've had with the various HH DJ's of late have been great, and it feels like our scene has been given the well deserved lift through a combination of events, not just "Shooting Star" but in general.

So thank you everyone that messaged me. I've tried to mail you all back personally, but if there's a couple I've missed I apologise. Overall, I feel proud that it was this scene that started "Shooting Star". And that will always be so.

Of course the double bonus was Cat Deeley.....<shuffle shuffle> actually said "happy hardcore outfit Bang!" on national TV last Saturday...... A moment I shall treasure.

Cheers guys!

Nick.

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  14:52:47  Show profile  Send a private message
i was meaning to say something but never got round to it,to busy being ill in bed :(
the cover got to #3 in the charts i think? well anyways,however far it went,just the fact that it got so high in the charts and being a song YOU wrote,must be a good feeling inside eh? coz i'd be well pleased if a song i wrote got so high up in the charts. so give yourself a pat on the back and well done m8

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  15:25:29  Show profile  Send a private message
If ur saying cheers, ill guess il say sorry!! I admit i thought flip and fill were just cashing in on alot of stuff, but i beleave u when they say there passionate. I think now it cud b called a classic track, not only in hhc but all accross the board not many tracks make that transition to "classic" in more than one genre but uve managed it well done!

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  15:57:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
it works both ways... eyeopener was a pop song that was turned into a hardcore track. Nothing wrong with hardcore tracks giving rise to more commercial stuff either!

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  17:35:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
*hold up drink*

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  19:36:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Max respect to Nick for getting in the UK national charts!

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  23:57:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Well done to Nick and I'm sure you'll get the rewards.....hopefully your pockets will be a bit heavy now (filled with more money) so you can live a bit easier and pay the bills but of course fund a whole new influx of Blaze tunes yeah?!!!!!!!

Sy.

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  02:03:02  Show profile  Send a private message
Nick-well done mate-you deserve it, as already said please, please plough the money into some new tracks for our scene!
And God yeah Cat Deeley saying "Happy Hardcore outfit Bang!" That made me feel proud for you, so f*ck knows how you must have felt!
PS-I have to say I'm seeing now that Flip 'n Fills version only adds to the depth & quality of the song & the amount of people now listening to my HHC collection as a result is phenomenal!
Nick-Respect!

Hardcore family never dies.

luckEanjel

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  17:45:05  Show profile  Send a private message
I dont know you but mad props! That must be awesome!

Dont go through life being a pretty bitch... god will send you back nice and ugly! hehe

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  01:59:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
Oh man... I'm not leaving hardcore. I love it here always have. Theres new tunes on the way too so no probs.

Its a great feeling, and I'd hate everyone to turn against Flip & Fill, just because they made a hit record. I had that and you feel really crap.

One of the guys told me that it came around when he was in the car with his girlfriend. They were playing a HH CD and she said that "someone should do Shooting Star"... so they did.

I'm glad most people are cool about it, after all, it's all music.

Cheers everyone....

Nick.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  04:40:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
New tunes a coming.....Great the more the better.

Any news on the live PA Nick that you were planning?
The one that you were gonna put on the Blaze single.

Cheers.

Sy.

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  09:21:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
Actually had a chat with someone about that two days ago. Yup its on the cards, and very soon!

I cant say too much at the moment, but the time its planned for isnt far away so we should hear something pretty soon.

Cheers

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  10:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage
Nick, big up ya chest! U R a true Hardcore head and all us Hardcore ravers love ya.

I'll be honest, I hate the Flip n Fill remix of Shooting Star but that is because the original, the Hardcore mix - 'THE REAL' Shooting Star, is the real deal. I wont listen to Flip n Fill's mix of it. Whenever it comes on the radio or on the tele, I turn it off and put on the Hardcore mix of it; YOUR TUNE!

I envy you. You've got the best Hardcore band on the planet who created the best Hardcore tune ever. Cant be bad can it. The reason I envy you is because i want to do what you do; to create Hardcore for a living and play it infront of thousands of up for it Hardcore ravers. That is my dream!!!

Anyway, Keep up the fantastic work Nick, cant wait for your new tunes from both Blaze! & Nimrod.

Stay safe mate, Andy Virtigo!

We are the music makers & we are the dreamers of the dreams!!

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  13:07:34  Show profile  Send a private message
put your mind to it and you can do anything m8. better get writing that killer tune down

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/08/01 :  03:03:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage
Don't you worry. I'm sat here now with a pen and some paper writing lyrics down. Not going to well at present but I'm sure I'll come good! Then I just need the equipment and stuff to make the tune!!!!! I actually feel that I have a fair few ideas about making some tunes. Plus, as soon as you've made one tune you get ideas about your next one quickly anyway!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

kBud

United States
33 posts
Posted - 2002/08/01 :  09:53:58  Show profile  Send a private message
omg Shooting Star is such a beautiful song. Two thumbs up!!!

-->cheesehead numero uno<--
.:come and take a trip with me:.
.:to a land where love is free:.
-~-KELLi-~-

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page