Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  21:00:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe all these people can come to ILHB and actually tell him what they don't like about these new tunes, instead of talking about it on the net? He's a nice guy, he'll have a beer and a chat with anyone I'm sure.

Anyway, looking forward to this event! The codes have been flying out the door, its gonna be rammed, the music will be beyond excellent and I've got a few beers and a set of bangin hard shit and gabber with my name on!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  21:20:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
I watched a few videos that were posted on Facebook. I agree with the "introducing a new style" bit, music is always growing and changing, and it's really dumb for people to act like it's going to completely ruin hardcore altogether.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  23:05:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
If all you hear is 'dubstep/electro sucks' Neko then your reading has been very selective indeed. 'Smack You Like A Bitch' and 'You & I' were massive tunes, just like 'We Killed The Rave' will be. Oh, and they most certainly did have to keep defending their style when the trancy stuff went massive.

quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
Well where's the proof? Good music is good music, I'll love a 'dubcore' tune if it's good enough.

Complete and utter nonsense. The quality of music is entirely subjective.

Edited by - jenks on 2012/01/19 23:06:56
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/19 :  23:43:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
If all you hear is 'dubstep/electro sucks' Neko then your reading has been very selective indeed. 'Smack You Like A Bitch' and 'You & I' were massive tunes, just like 'We Killed The Rave' will be. Oh, and they most certainly did have to keep defending their style when the trancy stuff went massive.

quote:
Well where's the proof? Good music is good music, I'll love a 'dubcore' tune if it's good enough.

Complete and utter nonsense. The quality of music is entirely subjective.

Cream rises to the top, you can't keep hiding behind subjectivity when your music is bad. Look at the classic tunes in dance music history by people like Underworld, The Shamen, Orbital, Prodigy etc. how do you explain the popularity of their tunes? Is it just coincidence everyone liked the same thing? SL2 - On a Ragga Tip, Smart-E's - Sesame's Treet, Darren Styles - Save Me, Breeze & Styles - You're Shining all great tunes that got chart fame because they were good, regardless of whether or not you liked them. If "dubcore" is good it WILL deliver. Which it hasn't done yet. Not everyone likes the same music - but everyone can agree on a good, solid and original tune.

Smack You Like a Bitch wasn't even that massive, it was a hit with a select type of ravers. I know a lot of people who loved it, and a lot of people who hated it. Compare the sales of Skydivin' and Feel the Pressure, it's not in the same league of popularity, whether we like it or not.

Edited by - NekoShuffle on 2012/01/19 23:44:07
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  02:08:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Cream rises to the top, you can't keep hiding behind subjectivity when your music is bad. Look at the classic tunes in dance music history by people like Underworld, The Shamen, Orbital, Prodigy etc. how do you explain the popularity of their tunes? Is it just coincidence everyone liked the same thing? SL2 - On a Ragga Tip, Smart-E's - Sesame's Treet, Darren Styles - Save Me, Breeze & Styles - You're Shining all great tunes that got chart fame because they were good, regardless of whether or not you liked them. If "dubcore" is good it WILL deliver. Which it hasn't done yet. Not everyone likes the same music - but everyone can agree on a good, solid and original tune.

Smack You Like a Bitch wasn't even that massive, it was a hit with a select type of ravers. I know a lot of people who loved it, and a lot of people who hated it. Compare the sales of Skydivin' and Feel the Pressure, it's not in the same league of popularity, whether we like it or not.

You're taking the classic route that all haters do. You're desperately trying to rationalize why something you don't like is somehow objectively bad, when in reality it is entirely subjective in nature. There isn't a single tune in existence that everyone agrees is good, and there isn't a single argument you can use to refute the opinions of those that don't conform. Popularity does not equate to quality, and if you genuinely believed it did, then why would you be listening to hardcore in the first place?

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  02:25:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

You're taking the classic route that all haters do. You're desperately trying to rationalize why something you don't like is somehow objectively bad, when in reality it is entirely subjective in nature. There isn't a single tune in existence that everyone agrees is good, and there isn't a single argument you can use to refute the opinions of those that don't conform. Popularity does not equate to quality, and if you genuinely believed it did, then why would you be listening to hardcore in the first place?

As I said, I have a very open mind and similar tastes to a massive load of ravers and fans, you will know when there is a big "dubcore" tune. And it hasn't happened yet. There's nothing that justifies this new style as being 'the future' apart from old DJs claiming it so. People can make it all they want.

I'm not trying to rationalize anything, I'm just explaining how things are. If it's good, it will be big - that is how music operates. A lot of good music goes unnoticed yes, but not on a CD from producers with many commercial links, it's not like they don't have a chance of getting in the charts. If the Hardcore from those guys is good enough, it will make the charts just like the others did.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  08:38:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Will you also convince me that old Happy Hardcore (sl2, sesame's treet) Is good because dubcore is bad? To me, both are equally as crap to my hear as growling death metal.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  12:57:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If it's good, it will be big - that is how music operates.

No, if it has broad appeal, it will be big - that's how music operates.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  13:25:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
If it's good, it will be big - that is how music operates.

No, if it has broad appeal, it will be big - that's how music operates.

Well I'll just be here waiting for the next anthem.

Douglas-HBC
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 posts
Douglas-HBC has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  14:41:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Douglas-HBC's homepage  Reply with quote
Interesting read.

I personally think Breeze is a fantastic choice and addition to our line up for numerous reasons, but without going too deep into those please remember there is a second room should you not want to boogie on down to what he's spinning.

We're trying to offer variety just like Freeformation did so brilliantly and Breeze - whilst being a legend at the top of the hardcore rave scene - is a lot more in-line with our movement than many others. Plus, people going for the more freeform acts could be opened up to a new style of music they love, and vice versa - some will come to see Breeze (it's for free after all) then hear a load of great music they didn't know existed resulting in a larger and hopefully more affluent underground scene with more opportunity for DJs, producers, events and parties.

An open mind is a wise one.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/20 :  15:08:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Douglas-HBC:
Interesting read.

I personally think Breeze is a fantastic choice and addition to our line up for numerous reasons, but without going too deep into those please remember there is a second room should you not want to boogie on down to what he's spinning.

We're trying to offer variety just like Freeformation did so brilliantly and Breeze - whilst being a legend at the top of the hardcore rave scene - is a lot more in-line with our movement than many others. Plus, people going for the more freeform acts could be opened up to a new style of music they love, and vice versa - some will come to see Breeze (it's for free after all) then hear a load of great music they didn't know existed resulting in a larger and hopefully more affluent underground scene with more opportunity for DJs, producers, events and parties.

An open mind is a wise one.

Like Psytrance by Lost Soul! And F&D's classic trance set...I love it when a room 2 comes together.

Speaking of which, when are the set times up?

Douglas-HBC
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 posts
Douglas-HBC has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/23 :  09:36:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Douglas-HBC's homepage  Reply with quote
Prospective set times for both rooms have been sorted, pending confirmation from acts they should be up (hopefully) this week.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/23 :  10:49:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I love it when 2 rooms have great line ups, not so keen when i have to choose between them though!

smythy-endemic

United Kingdom
93 posts
Posted - 2012/01/28 :  16:10:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit smythy-endemic's homepage  Reply with quote
Very interesting opinions indeed. I understand where most people are coming from but at the end of the day Breeze is just a nice guy making music he likes. He is breaking the mould and trying somthing new. If people never did this we wouldnt have the great music we love today.

When we were putting the line up together for this event we knew some people would not want to hear it so for that reason the is a Nu Energy Classics set playing in the 2nd room!

Freeform lovers and non-Breezers room 2 - people who want to try something new main room! Simples!

Set times Tuesday folks!!! =)

Or check out my DNB alias D.R.O.P.S here http://soundcloud.com/d-r-o-p-s

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/28 :  17:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
GREAT is always such a loaded word. We could all think an artists would make the crapiest tunes ever made, yet alot more people likes them. OR when they create a masterpiece, and everyone just dislikes it.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page