Total online 2032
 Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Moved: (PPF)*RELEASE DATE; 20th MARCH* (Thanx everyone)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 19

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/11/03 :  23:01:15  Show profile Send a private message
NEWS!!!

Don't worry everyone. The site couldn't have crashed at a worse time so i've decided to extend the deadline by a couple of days which will give us time to tie up any loose ends.

The new deadline for all track submissions is the 5th March so if you haven't sent your track to me yet, I suggest that you do so, asap! thanx

Not long now people! If you still haven't submitted your track than i'd ask you to start rounding things up & get it over too me soon.

Also, i'm going to post a Tracklist, in no particular order, with what I have lined up so far. If you are unhappy with anything Track Name, Artist Name, mabey a track you've submitted isn't listed, then this is your time too let me know & i'll have that updated asap.

I want to get this 100% perfect for the Release date of the 15th March. Thanx guys

The Past, The Present, The Future tracklist:

1. Bulby G - Stuck Record
2. Bulby G - Liquid Skies
3. Ken Masters - Beautiful Evil
4. Ionosphere - Never Give up
5. Ionosphere - Columbus
6. Northern Soldier - Friday Night
7. Northern Soldier - Disco Rush
8. Mortis - Grand National
9. Jackol & Mortis - Candy Rock
10. Belanova - Por Ti (Naturatech 09' Hardcore Remix)
11. Pope C XXIII - There She Goes
12. Pope C XXIII - Firewalker
13. Bridson 10AK - Take me to the Sun
14. Robert Miles - Children (BiG-EL 09' Hardcore Remix)
15. BiG-EL feat Annie - Alone
16. Buzz - Guccini the Rebirth
17. Tru Bass - Toolbox
18. Tru Bass - May Davis is in the House
19. 4 Strings - Take me Away (Tru Bass Hardcore Remix)
20. Fishy - Peace

*THIS IS WHAT I HAVE SO FAR. IF YOU TRACK HASN'T BEEN LISTED THEN LET ME KNOW BY PM ASAP! OR IF YOUR UNHAPPY WITH A TRACK NAME, ARTIST NAME, ANYTHING THEN LET ME KNOW

*FINALLY, IF YOU STILL NEED TIME TO FINISH YOUR TRACK THEN YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 1ST MARCH TO DO SO. IF YOU HAVEN'T SUBMITTED YOUR FINISHED TRACK BY THEN, THEN IT WONT APPEAR ON THE CD!

*Original Post Below:

***OK, SO WE'VE REACHED THE HALFWAY DEADLINE & THINGS ARE COMING ALONG REALLY WELL! IF YOU HAVE ANY TRACKS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT THEN GO TO THE MOST RECENT POST & LEAVE A LINK. DON'T WORRY IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED YET, JUST LET US HEAR IT SO FAR & WE CAN ALL LEAVE FEEDBACK! THE FINAL DEADLINE IS 1ST MARCH SO YOU'VE ALL GOT PLENTY OF TIME! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!***

After reading (& posting) in many, many "Where's Hardcore Going' topics, i've decided that we need to pull our fingers out our arses & actually do something productive! Its our scene & we talk like we are being led somewhere we don't want to be!

What I suggest we do is have our own HHC.com CD, produced by our very own HHC.com members & we can decide our own future. Theres a lot of very talented producers on here who could add a hell of a lot to this CD even if they only submit one track. I always find that I can produce better tracks when I have something to look to & inspire myself with & i'm sure a lot of you will agree.

What I plan to do is have tracks produced & styled to the eras of the scene, wether it be 3CD's "The Past, The Present & The Future or just one CD witch takes the listeners on a journey through these eras, it all depends on the feedback I suppose. This would give us the opportunity to produce older sounding tracks, which would cater for certain members *cough* 95 was the time *cough* then a more up to date selection of tracks to cater for the majority of the site then with the final chapter we can produce tracks which we think will shape our scene in the future or even where we feel it should progress to.

I don't have any problem with giving my tracks away as it will prove to be great publicity for everyone involved & it would be a step in the right direction for all of us. Like DjTriquatra said, it might even annoy the producers asking for money as we are doing it for the love of the scene. Also this series wouldn't be mixed so all the DJ's could use these tracks at their discretion.

As I say, this is basically just an idea but i'm willing to put 100% into organising this compilation & adding a few of my own tracks to it. I feel that this wont be the only collection of tracks that we make together & could be the start of something great. Let's not sit on our arses & endlessly type comments. Let's do things our way! After all, it is our scene..........

"If anyone is reading this that doesn't Produce, don't think you can get involved as there will be something you can do to help us out with this;-) Just PM me if you would like to help in any other way"

P.S. If you haven't got anything constructive to add to this series then please just forget what you read. Thankyou

***THE PAST, THE PRESENT & THE FUTURE ALBUM, IDEAS DEADLINE IS 10TH DECEMBER BUT THIS IS ONLY A HALFWAY MARK TO SEE WHERE WE STAND. THE FINISHED CD WONT BE READY TILL 09 @ SUM POINT!! LET'S GET TO WORK & SEE WHAT IDEAS WE CAN PITCH COME MID DEC!!***

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2009/03/05 05:32:18
TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/11/03 :  23:43:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
will the tracks be engineered and remastered upon you receiving them to be put on the cd? only reason why i ask is because a lot of the members on the site that produce are in varying degrees of experience. some may know how to engineer a track, and some may not. you'd obviously be able to tell. i guess my question would be, is the entire end product going to sound quality like what you can buy at the store or will it be a cd of raw cuts. know what i mean? i guess it's kind of hard to explain.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  00:05:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
im up for having a go..

djbuzz1021
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
715 posts

83 hardcore releases
djbuzz1021 has attended 51 events
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  00:08:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djbuzz1021's homepage
sounds good man, Count me in :)

Twisted - Reactor - 25th sep
TECHNIKORE

HTID in the sun 2011

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  01:01:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
well, i meant the "annoying others" as a joke, im sure it wont really get anyone going at all...

i see where your coming from TypeR, but i dont think it will matter too much, its not a commercial release CD or anything like that, its a download album just like Crush On Hardcore, but not mixed. which gives it the advantages that songs arent being thrown away because they dont fit the DJ's style or Set.

Seeing as this is a members exclusive to enter ..and members are always posting songs for opinions it should in a way be a group effort - you get the song near enough finished post a sample on the webside as people usually would - and then wait for some feedback...just like we always have.

CD being more of a tag - meaning it would fit on a CD (so perhaps introduce some time limits on tracks so we can get everyone in?)

-----
CD1 (or folder1)
Containing songs written by members of hhc.com who wanted to write a song in the 94-98 style hardcore

CD2 (or folder2)
Containing songs in the styles of hardcore that we hearing at the moment (we all know the score here)

CD3 (or folder3)
Containing our own twist on what the future holds for hardcore - this really throws the doors open.
---------

its not a competition, its some fun - and we have a few themes to shoot for....am i somewhere in the region?

Edited by - Triquatra on 2008/11/04 01:07:06
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  01:05:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
I would gladly participate if I could get my ****ing copy of Sonar 8 to work.

This also means "People read."

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,914 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  01:34:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
why try to fix what isn't broken?

hardcore was, is and will be what it is...

evolving.

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  01:55:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
im not sure why you think we're trying to fix anything...i dont see the album as trying to do that

its a nice showcase for members of hhc.com an opportunity to give your take on hardcore.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2008/11/04 02:01:29
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,914 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  02:46:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
sorry. I hadnt read the last few posts on the "...due to hit the rocks" post. This seemed like a continuation of that. after reading though I'm with TypeR on the quality bit. you don't see much of that around these days.

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  11:16:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Sounds like a very good idea! It was just yesturday I started the basics for my own track! It won't be very good but it will be 'Old style' so expect hard kicks lol. In fact I refuse to make a track without hard kicks as that is why I define as Hardcore (my opinion)

I hate the term 'Old Skool' as it seems people use it on a certion range of styles that now appear dated & it seems that people refuse to make stuff in the Old Skool style people it is in that era, not becuase production wise it isn't good! The way I see the scene going the style we already have is becoming Old Skool itself & the way I feel the scene going is that it hasn't really evolved much in the last three years! Just my opinion though...

Count me in for this CD, looks like I will have to find the time to work on tracks now lol

Wish me luck!

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  14:59:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
im up for it, but feel free to ignore me as I suck XD
im improving though with every kev willow tutorial I watch :P

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  15:31:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Right, i've got a lot of replies, so here goes lol

@ Type R:

I understand where your coming from mate & obviously I couldn't sit & re-master every track that comes my way but at the end of the day, we aren't releasing this CD. Its basically just a bit of fun & a bit of structure to help our members move in the right direction. I afraid that some tracks might not make the cut as we would like to keep some sort of quality about the series otherwise it might give listeners the wrong idea but instead of members posting single tracks hoping for some feedback we can have a preview of the CD @ a later date & everyone can voice their opinions. Its basically a team effort & we all have to help each other.

@ DjTriquatra:

I think introducing time limits to each track is a great idea & it means it would keep each track sharp & straight to the point. As for the 3CD(folders) I think this is the best way & members can DL the full set of tracks on each CD & listen to them as a whole but it all depends on the feedback received in this topic. What I suggest is we start getting to work on this now & say after about a month, we pitch all our ideas together & see what we've got. As u say, we can them discuss all our tracks as we usually do & advise & alter each track where needed. I'll set an exact date in a few days.

@ DJ_FunDaBounce:

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't have a problem with hardcore @ the moment m8 & I know for a fact there's loads of talanted producers breaking into the scene these day's. I was just sick of seeing everyone commenting on these "wheres hardcore going" topics & thought we should do something productive & not just sit & go over the same ground every week.

@ Everyone:

So far, i'm happy with the feedback from this & by all means, get started on a few ideas just now Old Skool, Nu Skool, Future Skool, & we can pitch all the ideas together @ a certain date which i'll allocate in a couple of days. Everyone can help with this CD in their own way after all, it's our CD! Get yourself some time apart from everything else & spend some time piecing ideas together & lets make something happen! Watch this space & i'll set a deadline in a couple of day which will be our pitching date & we can share all our ideas so far. LET'S GET TO WORK PEOPLE!

If anyone is reading this that doesn't Produce, don't think you can get involved as there will be something you can do to help us out with this;-) Just PM me if you would like to help in any other way

pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  16:33:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage
Yeah sounds like a great idea...i dont produce and i dont really no a way I could help but if you think there is anything i could do then i would like to get involved

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  16:50:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Hi Pink Devil, i'm sure we can get you something to help out with wether it be Design, Promotion ect but at the min we are concentrating on the tracks that will appear on the CD. Make sure you watch this space and closer to the time I can get you much more to do;-) In around a months time we will be posting a ruff layout of the tracks & we can discuss them further so @ that point I would have more for you to do.

Thanks for your interest It's much appreciated & it's great to see members liking the idea;-)

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2008/11/04 16:50:57
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  17:11:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
will these be mixed? cause I would (if I get permission) to use tracks for my own mixing

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/11/04 :  17:30:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
No m8, they wont be mixed & they will be free so you can play them till your little DJing heart is content

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 19 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 15  16  17  18  19
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page