Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2020/01/25 :  21:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
Can someone give Sc@r a very polite nudge on FaceBook to remind her.

I hope to be better soon and as soon as I am I want to get the last section added and the mix released.

I will distribute it on Mega to all of the people involved in WAV or MP3 320.

If you would like a lower bit rate please ask and I shall sort it.

I would like it if everyone could leave it 24 hours after I send the messages to give everyone time to download it before releasing it on your Soundcloud, FaceBook, Mixcloud and YouTube or where ever you want to release it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  10:46:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
tbh id just finish it and fk her, trust the "professional" to hold things up.

I don't see hardly any posts from her on here anyway, only to sell stuff on her label, so I am not remotely bothered about including that on the mix.

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  11:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
My last post wasn?t a hurry up type post. With everyone else if they didn?t acknowledge the message or left it unread I sent a reminder or post on the thread so they would not miss out. I know she doesn?t check her pm?s that often so I was hoping someone could remind her on Facebook. She said she would do it when she got back from Australia but she might of forgot or had flight issues or whatever. Plus there is the time zone difference.

My plan is.
Recover. Monday & Tuesday
Finish the mix on Wednesday. Hopefully getting the last section before Wednesday morning.
Thursday the mix will be released to everyone that took part with or without the last section.
Friday everyone can release to whatever platforms they want.

Plan changed!

Edited by - MusicILove on 2020/01/29 15:45:58
kazukism92

Chile
301 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  19:07:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kazukism92's homepage  Reply with quote
Mate, just give time, getting personal, Sc@r is very busy focusing in her forthcoming tours, event, charity support, work and what-she-do-is-planning at this moment. Can be a little bit awkward ask constantly (like I do at HU :( ), but is all about to being pro and not con.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2020/01/26 :  19:24:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:

Just a suggestion. Wouldn't it be better if the final release was just one centered source like youtube, for example?

Can't say much as to how it's developing on the editors end but I gather it's gonna be a loooong mix.

Why not focus on one medium (maybe even two [soundcloud?]) and let it take off from there. Also, if there is to be feedback it would certainly be nice to find it under one roof.

Looking forward to hearing the result! :)

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  02:28:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by kazukism92:
Mate, just give time, getting personal, Sc@r is very busy focusing in her forthcoming tours, event, charity support, work and what-she-do-is-planning at this moment. Can be a little bit awkward ask constantly (like I do at HU :( ), but is all about to being pro and not con.

If shes that busy, then why did she ask to be a part of it ? She knew her own schedule.

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  16:42:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:

Just a suggestion. Wouldn't it be better if the final release was just one centered source like youtube, for example?

Can't say much as to how it's developing on the editors end but I gather it's gonna be a loooong mix.

Why not focus on one medium (maybe even two [soundcloud?]) and let it take off from there. Also, if there is to be feedback it would certainly be nice to find it under one roof.

Looking forward to hearing the result! :)

I?m sorry I didn?t get back to you sooner.

I thought a lot about the distribution.

I didn?t feel right uploading it on my accounts it was a joint effort and I feel everyone should have a chance to distribute it.

I did consider making a separate account to distribute it on but I felt that would mean it would only get viewed by people who knew about it or took part. If it goes on everyone?s accounts it will reach more people than just those on the forum.

People don?t have to post it if they don?t want to it?s just so that everyone has the option.

I get your point about feedback but I want everyone who took part to feel they got the same opportunities as everyone else. They can post their links to the thread when they release it and I shall post everyones upload links on the first page so people can check them out in one place.

I haven?t decided wether I?m going to open a new thread in the releases section or keep it all to this thread.

I also want feedback on wether people want downloads to be publicly available or just available to stream. I shall let you all decide.

Editing is done. The last section will take 20 minutes to add in then just final checks and export. I can?t remember how long it was I?m out at the moment but I will post the current length when I get back in.

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  17:26:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage  Reply with quote
What's the limit that can be posted on soundcloud on a free account? If it was posted there everyone could just repost.

I mean, if it's 5-6 hours long, I:

1. don't have enough space on my soundcloud
2. doubt I can get it all up on youtube

free download links (...depending where they've been uploaded to) discourage me from downloading. I assume other people, too. Especially if it's a ginormous file.

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Edited by - DJ_FunDaBounce on 2020/01/27 17:36:16
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  18:17:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
What's the limit that can be posted on soundcloud on a free account? If it was posted there everyone could just repost.

I mean, if it's 5-6 hours long, I:

1. don't have enough space on my soundcloud
2. doubt I can get it all up on youtube

free download links (...depending where they've been uploaded to) discourage me from downloading. I assume other people, too. Especially if it's a ginormous file.

Soundcloud only gives you 120 minutes I think.

Personally I will put it up on Mixcloud and YouTube.

The current length is 6 Hours 21 Minutes. The wav file is 4.03 GB and the 320 Kbps MP3 is 914 MB

Hopefully YouTube doesn't flag anything and block it. I will upload it before it goes out and keep it private to see if it gets blocked. If it does I can inform people so they don't waste time uploading.

If the last section arrives in time then it will be included if the time runs out then it will go up as it is.
Now I'm better tomorrow I will try and do the artwork. It won't be anything special. My other attempts have all been awful. I want to try and do something nice looking.

Rhoobarb2005

Afghanistan
82 posts
Posted - 2020/01/27 :  22:27:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rhoobarb2005's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Now I'm better tomorrow I will try and do the artwork. It won't be anything special. My other attempts have all been awful. I want to try and do something nice looking.

Any particular thoughts on design or release name?

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/28 :  03:33:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhoobarb2005:
quote:

Any particular thoughts on design or release name?

The design will be revealed on Wednesday. The album art will include the names of everyone that took part. That?s why it won?t be 100% done until the cut off time on Wednesday morning. Hopefully we can get the last section tomorrow.

The best name I can think of is.

HappyHardcore.com Members Mix Winter 2019 - 2020

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/28 :  04:09:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
I just sent sc@r a final message letting her know only 27 hours to submit her section. I have done all I can do.

I can?t sleep so going to get up and have a go at the album art.

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/01/28 :  06:00:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Thank you MusicIlove for arranging all this, I am looking forward to hearing the finished mix.

Mixcloud would have been my choice of media tbh.

Anyway, look forward to hearing the final result :)

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/28 :  19:18:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Thank you MusicIlove for arranging all this, I am looking forward to hearing the finished mix.

Mixcloud would have been my choice of media tbh.

Anyway, look forward to hearing the final result :)

Edited by - MusicILove on 2020/01/28 19:23:56
MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
Posted - 2020/01/28 :  19:23:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
Album Art is almost done. if you could call it that.

I just need to know 1 thing before I finish it. Technically 2 but I think we have that question answered :(

Edited by - MusicILove on 2020/01/28 19:28:04

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page