Total online 1574
 Radio listeners 176+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Why are Hardcore djs going slow in their old age?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2020/02/09 :  17:28:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage  Reply with quote
Who's afraid of 1 7 8?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2020/02/09 :  18:40:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
178 is a good place to start

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/02/11 :  07:04:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
May I pimp my recent wares? Forthcoming EP on Brutal Kutz. One is 180, one is 190 and the other is 200. I'm 41 and piffle to this slowing-down bollocks.

Here's a Frenchcore update of Spice.

A love-letter to mid-90's Dutch happycore as I like to call it

And a 200 BPM happy & hard jobbie with Darwin.

Couple of mixdown tweaks needed here and there, but still. Pffffft etc. Rar.

<3

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2020/02/11 :  12:04:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Entity:
piffle to this slowing-down bollocks.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2020/02/12 :  01:45:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
May I pimp my recent wares? Forthcoming EP on Brutal Kutz. One is 180, one is 190 and the other is 200. I'm 41 and piffle to this slowing-down bollocks.

<3

lol ,**** yes bro <3

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2020/02/15 :  03:16:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

<3

Fark Yeah, awesome tunage!! Really well done 👊

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/04/07 :  20:12:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Hixxy had a big discussion about this in on his latest Rinse FM show. He seemed to be supportive of slower Hardcore productions and just freedom of speed in Hardcore.
But to me when I hear all that 92 stuff he plays, it doesn't even sound like Hardcore. Is about the speed of House Music.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SO MANY HARDCORE DJS GOING SLOWER? I am not a fan.

Vibes - plays & produces slower 92 style

Slipmatt - plays slower 92 style

Seduction - producing slower 92 style

Billy Bunter - plays 92 style on podcast

Darren Styles - Slower 160bpm

Dougal - slowed his productions to 160 with Minus the crown

Joey Riot - Also slowed his productions down to 160 with Minus the crown.

Hixxy - playing constant slower 160 tracks on his podcast

Mob now Mike Reverie - slower 160

Respect to the guys who are not doing a DARREN STYLES and watering down their sound.

170 crew

Fracus, Darwin, Scott Brown, AL Storm, Nobody, Rob IYF etc

Well if someone is playing or producing 1992 style it's obviously going to be slower, as hardcore was breakbeat at the time and wasn't as fast, but def agree aboutsome of the other stuff, hardcore has to be at least 170 bpm, don't listen to much new hardcore these days, but have heard clips of styles, and a bit of hixxy on rinse fm, and not sure whats going on, remember hearing the start of hixxy set on rinse fm and think I thought "is this hardcore" lol wasn't even sure, does he just play hardcore on rinse fm?

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Posted - 2020/04/07 :  20:22:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Or maybe I should read everything first! just making hardcore at a slower pace, nah has to be faster for me, 170 bpm at least like I already said, and I think i'd have to agree with a few people here and say they've slowed it down to try and appeal to other dance genre followers and to fit in more with other dance genres

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/04/08 :  08:34:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
The whole raver tots thing is to get younger people and their families into rave music from yesteryear.

the original rave sound is what people seem to promote now, and i'm done with it. I love it, I started raving to it, but the 94 sound is where it's at tbh. Faster breakbeat.

I don't think you can make that sound as popular as it was, but it doesn't harm to bring it to a new generation.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Posted - 2020/04/09 :  19:23:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
The whole raver tots thing is to get younger people and their families into rave music from yesteryear.

the original rave sound is what people seem to promote now, and i'm done with it. I love it, I started raving to it, but the 94 sound is where it's at tbh. Faster breakbeat.

I don't think you can make that sound as popular as it was, but it doesn't harm to bring it to a new generation.

Yeah I've seen that raver tots thing before, couldn't really believe it to be fair when i first seen it

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Posted - 2020/04/09 :  19:40:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
And back on topic, never mind dj's making and producing slower hardcore these days, you never notice when the same dj's play classic sets from the mid 90's, that they play them (sometimes a good bit slower) than when they first came out, a good example was that ministry of sound cd last year, back to the happy hardcore mixed by dougal b2b hixxy, so slow at times i thought!!! pitch it up ffs, but then again trying to appeal more to other edm followers, and a ministry of sound release, no doubt a coincidence there! Hmmm

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2020/04/09 :  20:40:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
And back on topic, never mind dj's making and producing slower hardcore these days, you never notice when the same dj's play classic sets from the mid 90's, that they play them (sometimes a good bit slower) than when they first came out, a good example was that ministry of sound cd last year, back to the happy hardcore mixed by dougal b2b hixxy, so slow at times i thought!!! pitch it up ffs, but then again trying to appeal more to other edm followers, and a ministry of sound release, no doubt a coincidence there! Hmmm

At some points it sounded awful for someone who is used to how it should sound. Why the F did they licence the slow versions of some All Around The World tracks. If baffles me.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2020/04/09 :  20:44:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MusicILove:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:

At some points it sounded awful for someone who is used to how it should sound. Why the F did they licence the slow versions of some All Around The World tracks. If baffles me.

Aaaand how they cut out some of the best parts of the tracks! I was very displeased with that release.

thedjjudah

United States
65 posts
Posted - 2020/04/12 :  00:36:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit thedjjudah's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Hixxy had a big discussion about this in on his latest Rinse FM show. He seemed to be supportive of slower Hardcore productions and just freedom of speed in Hardcore.
But to me when I hear all that 92 stuff he plays, it doesn't even sound like Hardcore. Is about the speed of House Music.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SO MANY HARDCORE DJS GOING SLOWER? I am not a fan.

Vibes - plays & produces slower 92 style

Slipmatt - plays slower 92 style

Seduction - producing slower 92 style

Billy Bunter - plays 92 style on podcast

Darren Styles - Slower 160bpm

Dougal - slowed his productions to 160 with Minus the crown

Joey Riot - Also slowed his productions down to 160 with Minus the crown.

Hixxy - playing constant slower 160 tracks on his podcast

Mob now Mike Reverie - slower 160

Respect to the guys who are not doing a DARREN STYLES and watering down their sound.

170 crew

Fracus, Darwin, Scott Brown, AL Storm, Nobody, Rob IYF etc

You forgot the about the whole freeform crew...

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/04/12 :  07:10:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by thedjjudah:
You forgot the about the whole freeform crew...

Freeform doesn't exist :P

Hardscape failed and the ones who tried to promote it are barely active any more, so I doubt that's the case with Freeform now

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page