Total online 2092
 Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Which of the bonkers albums went silver/gold?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  09:02:54  Show profile Send a private message
I have all the bonkers albums (or atleast one volume of each one). Im looking at eventualy completing it properly by having the silver and gold editions of the albums. It will cost s bit of money as they are rare and who knows if i can even get them now. I no this only applies to everything pre bonkers 6.
I have bonkers 1 to 4 originals and bonkers 5 silver.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Alert moderator
Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Alex Threat has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  09:36:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage
Were the silver editions like a re-issue? I am the same have at least one of each release, but most of them are the re-issues on Resist Music, rather than the originals on React. It might not cost you a whole lot but i suppose it would depend on the condition etc

Alert moderator Go to top of page
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  09:57:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
I got Bonkers 3 Silver on the day it was released (Early 98?)

Didn't really know what it was and was a bit disappointed to find out it was the same album in a different box! I found it the other day when I was sorting out some stuff.

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  11:12:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:
Were the silver editions like a re-issue? I am the same have at least one of each release, but most of them are the re-issues on Resist Music, rather than the originals on React. It might not cost you a whole lot but i suppose it would depend on the condition etc

No they wernt re-issues but when the sales from the albums topped a certain anount the album went silver and then gold.

Lara B/Galaxia

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  11:14:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
I got Bonkers 3 Silver on the day it was released (Early 98?)

Didn't really know what it was and was a bit disappointed to find out it was the same album in a different box! I found it the other day when I was sorting out some stuff.

Yeah it is the same album but just a diffrent sleve to signify how well it sold.

Lara B/Galaxia

Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  12:04:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Threat:

No they wernt re-issues but when the sales from the albums topped a certain anount the album went silver and then gold.

Ah right i see, just when you look on discogs it says that the silver ones weren't released until 2004, when they were originally released in the late 90's. I get discogs isn't always 100% accurate like

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  16:30:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage
Pretty sure 4 went silver?

(edit: it's on discogs, 3 went silver and gold in 2004, 4 was only silver I think)

Edited by - 9oh9 on 2020/01/16 16:33:45
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2020/01/16 :  20:32:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage
I got Bonkers 2 Silver because it was broken down into tracks, the original release was just one big long track, you could not move between the songs which was total gash!

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2020/01/17 :  02:35:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
I got Bonkers 2 Silver because it was broken down into tracks, the original release was just one big long track, you could not move between the songs which was total gash!

React re-pressed Bonkers 1 & 2 in 2004, and the vol.2 re-press came indexed.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2020/01/17 :  03:29:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
A few Bonkers sold enough to get silver or gold (but were never re-released as a special edition). I know this because I would ring the labels and ask how many they sold... Gold was 100K, I think silver was 75K at the time? I think 12 went gold as well (don't quote me)....

releases:
2 went silver
3 went silver and gold
4 went silver
5 went silver

As a yard stick, The first Ministry of sound hardcore classic album did 250K in the first month... I actually told them when I met them I didn't think they would sell more than 10K... they also didn't understand why it sold so well... but were happy... then came the influx of "classic" albums from them :)

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2020/01/17 :  08:09:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
A few Bonkers sold enough to get silver or gold (but were never re-released as a special edition). I know this because I would ring the labels and ask how many they sold... Gold was 100K, I think silver was 75K at the time? I think 12 went gold as well (don't quote me)....

releases:
2 went silver
3 went silver and gold
4 went silver
5 went silver

As a yard stick, The first Ministry of sound hardcore classic album did 250K in the first month... I actually told them when I met them I didn't think they would sell more than 10K... they also didn't understand why it sold so well... but were happy... then came the influx of "classic" albums from them :)

Thanks for that. I think the first went silver too. I dont remember 12 ever going gold. If it did i carnt find any record of it.

Lara B/Galaxia

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2020/01/17 :  09:30:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
Jesus, sad to think that if there was a new Bonkers now it'd likely sell in the mere hundreds, rather than the tens of thousands.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Posted - 2020/01/17 :  10:22:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage
quote:

releases:
2 went silver
3 went silver and gold
4 went silver
5 went silver

good to know this, i might invest in some of the silver ones for my collection

Craig Cairney

United Kingdom
137 posts
Posted - 2020/01/18 :  06:14:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craig Cairney's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Jesus, sad to think that if there was a new Bonkers now it'd likely sell in the mere hundreds, rather than the tens of thousands.

Innit mate. Hell if it was just the usual run of the mill UK Hardcore I'd probably not purchase myself. It would have to have some influence from HU / Kniteforce / 24-7 for me to even consider it.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/01/19 :  19:44:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Bonkers 1 till 5 went silver, and bonkers 3 went gold, for some reason years ago I thought 4 went gold as well, and that I actually seen it in a record shop lol but think 3 is the only 1 to go gold, or get a gold release anyhow! because def don't have any knowledge of 12 going gold either, unless it had gold sales but a gold release never happened, I also thought was 80,000 silver, 120,000 or 125,000 gold and then 250,000 for platinum

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2020/01/20 :  02:09:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
quote:

releases:
2 went silver
3 went silver and gold
4 went silver
5 went silver

Thanks for that. I think the first went silver too. I dont remember 12 ever going gold. If it did i carnt find any record of it.

Yeah you're correct 1 went silver as well

https://www.discogs.com/Hixxy-Sharkey-Bonkers/release/29271

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page