of 4

Author Thread  
TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  07:46:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
i have never seen a clubland cd, nor a bonkers cd in person. I feel left out of the hardcore community due to this. I've never heard a single mix off of any bonkers mix, nor have i seen or even heard of clubland. even though i have been in the hardcore scene for almost five years. bummer huh, guess thats why i don't ever have anything to say about these topics. where can i get bonkers cds at a reasonable price?

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dj_sidewinder

United Kingdom
30 posts
dj_sidewinder has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  09:57:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Go to www.amazon.com and type in bonkers in search box they have all the box sets there.And for any 1 in uk type in www.amazon.co.uk and follow same as above.

Mixing up a storm on the wheels of steel.

slavetomysoundwave

United Kingdom
378 posts
slavetomysoundwave has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  10:09:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Good news for hardcore, as it will undoubtedly bring more people into the scene. It does deserve more fans.

I guess Breeze and Styles are the only guys for the job, since they have chart exposure etc. Its a tough world, they compromised their tunes so that they could get mainstream success, and because of that they've got this deal, which will probably make them the most well known DJs in hardcore. Fair play. I won't be buying it tho.

My only hope is that this opens the doors and lets all the DJs/MCs/producers/etc get more exposure. I really hope this doesn't give hardcore a bad rep tho - exposure is good but then again everyone has heard of Britney Spears.

swansea247
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,625 posts

41 hardcore releases
swansea247 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  10:18:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit swansea247's homepage  Reply with quote
clubland has just taken the biscuit and crushed it up right in my face. this album wont catch on at all and i can't see me getting this when it comes out.

nuff said!!!

Six days on the run, Looking for a place to have some fun.....

SuperHenke

Sweden
285 posts
SuperHenke has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  11:11:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by swansea247:
clubland has just taken the biscuit and crushed it up right in my face. this album wont catch on at all and i can't see me getting this when it comes out.

Can you atleast wait for the tracklisting before you get an opinion whether about getting this album or not?

Edited by - SuperHenke on 2005/02/10 11:18:57
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  11:22:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm going to be waiting for the tracklisting before I make my mind up on this one. Yes, its a great idea, and could be fantastic for the scene, I'm just dissapointed about the DJs. Don't get me wrong, Hixxy, Breeze and Styles are wikkid DJs and work fantastically hard..... I think the comparison with Britney Spears is a valid one though. Hixxy, Breeze and Styles are everywhere. Every single compilation out seems to be mixed by them. Hopefully this CD is going to be different from the other compilations they feature on which I am sure there are another 2 at least destined for release around the same time. I'm sure that its certainly gonna be great for them short term, but how long will it be before people start getting bored of the current Raverbaby sound?

Matthew aka DJ Underloop

dj_sidewinder

United Kingdom
30 posts
dj_sidewinder has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  11:38:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Underloop i like your views they remind me of the days of 1998 when the same things where getting said about Hardcore it was being commercilised.Slowly but surely the scene started to fade away.There is a saying which goes "to much of a good thing can be bad".Make your own minds up on that 1 but for me to many compilations coming out at the same time with more or less the same DJ's on them cant be good in the long term.

Mixing up a storm on the wheels of steel.

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  12:13:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry, please don't get me wrong. I don't think hardcore will fade away like it did at the end of the last decade. I just think that the Raverbaby sound could end up getting a bit too much exposure. So far H, B&S have always managed to pull something interesting out of the hat whenever I have started to drift away from the sound, but I'm just concerned about how much longer they can keep it up, and they are constantly getting more and more exposure. I mean hats off to them for everything they have done. They are without doubt the biggest DJs in the scene right now, but I guess its a fine line when your up there at the top.

Matthew aka DJ Underloop

swansea247
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,625 posts

41 hardcore releases
swansea247 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  12:25:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit swansea247's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperHenke:
quote:
Originally posted by swansea247:

Can you atleast wait for the tracklisting before you get an opinion whether about getting this album or not?

of course i would wait for the track listing that would probably change my mind about getting it, but im just saying that lately there has been too much commercial stuff coming from breeze & styles. fair enough they get money and exposure for it but they should know when to give it a rest for a while.

Six days on the run, Looking for a place to have some fun.....

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  13:45:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
exposure is a good thing, more people into hardcore means more DJ's, producers etc which makes the scene more diverse and also more competition which in turn makes all the Dj's, producers etc try to step up a gear, hey who knows, with exposure there could be the next brisk, ham, scott brown out there who hasn't discovered hardcore yet

or maybe i am an optimist but the only way i see it is for good, unless it becomes really commericial

'Feel your pulse beat in unison with the music, this is hardcore baby!'

mj-dream
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,440 posts
mj-dream has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  14:28:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mj-dream's homepage  Reply with quote
i think every single person who has made a comment on ere has had a good point to make one way or the other but there might not be any outcome from this good or bad it could all stay as it is look at the ministry of sound label inspired.releasing original hardcore that dint hurt tha scene and that had loadsa advertising i seen a commercial every ten mins for this cd.just wait n c eh?

mj-dream remember the name im here for fame

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  14:44:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djritalin:
where can i get bonkers cds at a reasonable price?

http://www.cdpacific.com
In my experience thats a quick and cheap store, that has a friendly customer service. The store is located in US, so postage shouldnt be that big either.

But their all sold out from there ATM, they should get more soon though.

Edited by - whispering on 2005/02/10 14:45:24
Loz_e
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
772 posts
Loz_e has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  14:44:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Loz_e's homepage  Reply with quote
'to much of a good thing can be bad'

that sums this whole topic up really!

'it shouldnt happen to a raver'

gobbo23
Advanced Member

Australia
758 posts

238 hardcore releases
gobbo23 has attended 8 events
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  14:49:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
1. Wait for tracklisting
2. Remember the cd WILL NOT be targeting people who already listen to hardcore, the chances are that it will be their usual stuff because its what they do best and its what has got them to this point

Ste Non-Stop

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2005/02/10 :  16:45:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think this is a good idea..!! There scene must b thrive'n or else AATW wouldnt put up the money and publish this compilation..!!
And just because all the other clubland c.d's have the reputation 4 bein cheesy, doesnt mean the hardcore 1 will follow suit.. Hardcore's hardcore, any1 who luv's this music will not b dissapointed imo

It's a MAD MAD world..!!!

http://www.twistedhardcore.co.uk/profiles/superxandco.htm

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.6 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page