Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  15:42:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage  Reply with quote
This is pathetic, Some so called 'DJ' wings all his tunes by adding poor placed extras with the worst E.Q and sequencing I've ever heard manages to get a release, while Legitimate DJs such as my self and alot of others who put time and money in to making a track to have it turned down whilst we struggle to hit our industries standards. This is appalling and personally i think owners and promoters of AATW should be told of his illegal activities and have his tune withdrawn.

This just proves that almost every scene has become a money whore wanting to turn out shit that hasn't had no heart or soul put in to the song, track or tune what ever you want to call it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  15:50:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:
This is appalling and personally i think owners and promoters of AATW should be told of his illegal activities and have his tune withdrawn.

I've no doubt in my mind that they already know of his history and are using it to cash in on his name and also using it to corner the market of the teenage kids who listen to crap dance on their phones.

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  16:07:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Pure:
This is appalling and personally i think owners and promoters of AATW should be told of his illegal activities and have his tune withdrawn.

I've no doubt in my mind that they already know of his history and are using it to cash in on his name and also using it to corner the market of the teenage kids who listen to crap dance on their phones.

Indeed all they are seeing is the £'s. Rankin probably got a shit deal and AATW will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  16:15:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
Indeed all they are seeing is the £'s. Rankin probably got a shit deal and AATW will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Let's hope that part is true, it seems like AATW is keeping it secret

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

mart887

United Kingdom
31 posts
mart887 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  16:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mart887's homepage  Reply with quote
Isn't what he does illegal how come no one has sued him yet

Uproar
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,644 posts
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  17:03:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Uproar's homepage  Reply with quote
So, why is this on the top page? I've no idea what this has to do with Hardcore.

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  17:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage  Reply with quote
so, about the song itself

don't shoot me for saying this, but for what is, it's really not awful (donky bassline happy stuff, what genre would you even call it? scouse house?). I wonder how much rankin actually took part in the creation of the track?

DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  17:46:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
:S

Edited by - DJ Fracus on 2007/05/20 21:14:56
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  18:41:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
mart887: if he was selling the 'tracks', then there should be no problem to do that. Also, he was mostly active with that when he was underaged.
But alas, Rankin himself haven't sold any tracks on places there he could get caught.

Anyways, it's a known fact that popularity sells. Heck, just look at Paris Hilton

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  18:46:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
just look at Paris Hilton

I'd rather not, she's a skanky whore.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  18:49:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
ok, keep your look at kathryn then, and the rest of us can look at the skanky whore ourself.

Well you know what I mean, she keeps getting headlines with what she does

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  18:58:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
it not even original its a cover/rip of an old whigfield song "think of you" from 1996

link

http://www.dj-triquatra.com/forums/sample.mp3

Jayfive

United Kingdom
108 posts
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  18:59:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Firstly yes this is all true and confirmed by Steve Kelly at AATW on their forum:
http://forum.aatwc.com/showthread.php?t=16740
The track has been signed but whether it will be released as a single or appear on a compilation are unclear at the moment.

AATW have been aware of rankin for as long as anyone and when the track was offered to them by Sean Mack (Chill FM) and George Bowie (Forth FM) who are Rankin's producers, AATW signed it not on the basis of the track being good, but on the basis of Rankin's name having a large following due to his rampant plagarism.

AATW make no excuses for themselves and have signed this track purely on the basis that Rankin's name might make them some money. At least they are honest I suppose.

Rankin had no creative input whatsoever in the making of this track and was not even present during it's production.

Lots more juicy tidbits (not to mention a whole range of excuses and justifications from the AATW people) can be read on that thread linked earlier.

Might I suggest anyone who feels strongly about this firstly make their opinions known to AATW here:
http://www.aatw.com/contact.php

Also anyone who thinks Rankin should get a taste of his own medicine: keep watching the skies for the Rankin Remix Project.

Edited by - Jayfive on 2007/05/20 19:01:05
Hard Daze

United States
140 posts
Hard Daze has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  19:47:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard Daze's homepage  Reply with quote
So Rankin has now effectively become the Milli Vanilli of the techno music.

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/05/20 :  21:23:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
its the first sighn on the apocolypse!!

what stolen track got him sighned?...

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page