Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/12/05 :  23:20:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brisk:
Back to the point of the thread. I have not announced any plans to retire anywhere so I'm not sure where this information came from.

cmon people, he CLEARLY dispelled this rumor, stop furthering it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Meph751 on 2007/12/05 23:20:44
hardcore anorak
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
971 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  00:30:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit hardcore anorak's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brisk:
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:
Originally posted by Orbit1:
quote:
No great loss then............................

Any of you hear him on Kutski's radio 1 show a few weeks/months back? Done nothing more than embarressed himself

I hear it actually. I thought it was brilliant. Wicked mix too.

Thats was some of the worst mixing i have every heard anyone on the radio do! Kutski would have been embarressed for Brisk, **** if i had not knew that was brisk i would have never guesses that was a pro on the decks!

Utter shit, very very poor performance i know he can do better but that time he deserved a slap, i mean slapping the fader to the other side and making the "fall down the stairs" or "shoes in the tumble drier" sound dont really cut it with me! He tried to do some quick mixing like what kutski is capibale of but Brisk failed miserably IMO and probably his to:P

Actually, the Radio 1 mix was from both myself and Ham. Additionally, it was sequenced in Albeton Live so you're comments about 'slapping fader' are inaccurate as there is no fader. As for the mixing being out of time, I have to say you are talking total bollocks. Everything is 100% in synch.

The mixing is very quick in terms of moving through the tracks as the brief was make a 'History Of Next Generation' in 20 minutes. This is a difficult task with over 200 releases to choose from hence the 'mega-mix style approach. If you don't like the mix, the way it is presented or even the content then of course, I respect your opinion however, your technical comments are completely unfounded and inaccurate.

Anyway, the mix is up on my myspace page if anyone wishes to pass judgement for themselves: myspace.com/briskdj

Back to the point of the thread. I have not announced any plans to retire anywhere so I'm not sure where this information came from. Bonkers has not 'flopped' per se, it shipped out respectable units from what we know however, Resist going into administration has meant that no one involved with the album has seen a single penny from it at the time of writing. When the administrators have finished, a payment should be made to all creditors. This should help to cushion the blow for many but time will tell on that point.

A kick in the bollocks? Yes. A good enough reason to thrown in 20 years of hard work carving out a career for myself and others? I don't think so...

never saw this reply before i posted great news mate glad ya not going any where. i wouldnt of posted on this if saw this so finished

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  01:25:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
I think he would have said something to his m8's. Hasn't said anything to me about it. I talk to him regularly.

novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  02:16:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage
what an absolutely stupid rumour.
whoever started this (not directing at you ghods.gift) should really get a ****ing life.

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  11:54:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyRitalin:
I think he would have said something to his m8's. Hasn't said anything to me about it. I talk to him regularly.

Not having a go at you or anything mate but it sometimes annoys me that you name drop all the time. Brisk already confirmed he wasnt quitting hardcore a couple of pages ago. What need did you have to say that?

Maybe you guys are mates. Im not debating that. It just seems like you're bragging about it.

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  15:41:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
quote:
Maybe you guys are mates. Im not debating that. It just seems like you're bragging about it.

+1

And also IMO if you have to brag about who your friends are you must be pretty insecure

It bring back memories of when i was in carl cox's house playing the decks he was trying to impress with the scratching but i told him my other friend can do it better and just as i finished saying that qbert phone! So he came round also and was show coxying hows it done! It was an unbelievable day cause this just kept on happening, 1 friend would come and then another would appear, it ended up me cox and qbert and dj noise, dj craze, shannon, dj kentaro, dsytles and we decide **** it we'll have our own DMC championship so after a few hours on the decks and me being declared the winner:) another friend called it was dj A-Trak he had just finished a gig (he works as the dj for Kanye West) and we him asked to drop by! He brung Kanye and for the rest of the night we had Kanye proform live in coxys living room! great night:P

But yeah it ain't very good to be name dropping all the time:P

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  15:56:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
^^ That was a little unnecessary don't you think?

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  16:53:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
Just reminiscing about the good old days! lmao

Dexxdemon

United Kingdom
76 posts
Dexxdemon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2007/12/06 :  21:05:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dexxdemon's homepage
So............................................

Does this mean this little scuffle is over?

GOOD

Where in central Scotland are you CMC?

Post a mix CMC so i can hear your stuff, im always interested in local talent...

3 BEAT BASH, happy hardcore 95-97 mixed on 3 dexx

http://www.xstreamist.com/members/2642/audio.php

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/07 :  07:16:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dexxdemon:
Where in central Scotland are you CMC?

I am from Falkirk, think i'll pass on posting a mix tho! No matter how good it was i be getting slated.........

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/12/07 :  09:27:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
quote:

+1

And also IMO if you have to brag about who your friends are you must be pretty insecure

It bring back memories of when i was in carl cox's house playing the decks he was trying to impress with the scratching but i told him my other friend can do it better and just as i finished saying that qbert phone! So he came round also and was show coxying hows it done! It was an unbelievable day cause this just kept on happening, 1 friend would come and then another would appear, it ended up me cox and qbert and dj noise, dj craze, shannon, dj kentaro, dsytles and we decide **** it we'll have our own DMC championship so after a few hours on the decks and me being declared the winner:) another friend called it was dj A-Trak he had just finished a gig (he works as the dj for Kanye West) and we him asked to drop by! He brung Kanye and for the rest of the night we had Kanye proform live in coxys living room! great night:P

What a hypocrite you have just had a go at Bobby for name dropping you have done just that

Anyway trhank the lord Brisk isnt going anywere i think this thread should be locked now

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/12/07 :  09:48:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:
quote:

+1

What a hypocrite you have just had a go at Bobby for name dropping you have done just that

Anyway trhank the lord Brisk isnt going anywere i think this thread should be locked now

Come on now i thought it was pretty obvious i was being sarcastic, i mean Kanye West performing live in the living room!! Not to mention that the dj/turntabilists i mentioned are all world class!

To early in the morning for you Kathryn:)

Edited by - __CMC__ on 2007/12/07 09:51:40
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/12/07 :  10:20:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
erm oops looks like it

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/12/08 :  01:13:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Influx:
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyRitalin:

Not having a go at you or anything mate but it sometimes annoys me that you name drop all the time. Brisk already confirmed he wasnt quitting hardcore a couple of pages ago. What need did you have to say that?

I don't have to name drop. I was just saying. Sorry you got offended.

FingazMc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,761 posts
FingazMc has attended 28 events
Posted - 2007/12/08 :  01:24:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit FingazMc's homepage
Wow missed alot in my week of absence, mainly flaming lol
Nice to see Brisk actually squashed this rumour himself good on ya mate and glad to hear your not about to retire!

Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page