of 4

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/01/28 :  10:24:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Thing is, I actually have listened to CD2.

25 times.

In two weeks.

It is in fact the single best UK Hardcore mix of all time. Bonkers? Bonkers 3 Sharkey mix? HU CD3?

All flail helplessly next to the sheer relentless quality and variety that is showcased on this mix.

I'm not even sure it will "confuse" the casual ravers used to unstoppable genericore; it is THAT good.

So, factor that in. Mr HU says "best album mix ever, by a country F**ing mile".

CDJay

If your saying this then I'll be buying this when it comes out.

At the end of the day who cares who many DJ's are mixing a CD - thats just bitching for the sake of bitching. It's been said before, aslong as the tracks are good and the mixing is good then why moan!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2008/01/28 :  12:14:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
I think a few people may be being a little presumtuous about the format of the lineup here...

I can't speak for the first CD as I haven't heard it in its entirity, but we approached CD2 as an opportunity to create a truly diverse b2b2b studio mix. There are no 'sections' governed by just one of us, no mix put together by just one of us (you shouldn't need to be told why 24 bit digital mixing is infinately better for compilations, google "D to A convertors"), no tracks that any of us disagreed on or had as 'our own choice', but a totally collective "3 minds into 1" CD covering everything we think a compilation mix should.

We put a lot of hard work into chosing what we think are the right tracks, mixing them in the right order and way, and making the CD work as a whole. I'm glad we took the time we did to give it 100%, because I personally think the finished product is much more than the sum of it's parts. Obviously that will be down to you as the listener to decide to agree or disagree with come the release date :)

Edited by - DJ Fracus on 2008/01/28 12:24:58
eread
Starting Member

Canada
12 posts
Posted - 2008/01/28 :  18:33:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Looks wicked!

Edited by - eread on 2008/01/28 18:35:41
eread
Starting Member

Canada
12 posts
Posted - 2008/01/28 :  18:34:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long. Still looks like an amazing album though.

Edited by - eread on 2008/01/28 18:36:32
DJ Euphoric
Advanced Member

Canada
686 posts
Posted - 2008/01/28 :  21:38:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Euphoric's homepage  Reply with quote
Can't wait to see the tracklisting of this.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2008/01/29 :  17:48:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Tricky one this. I may be about to say something some of you don't like, so keyboard warriors get those fingers ready.....

Firstly the positives.
Line up looks pretty damn good and i trust 100% the views of people like CDJay who are vouching for the quality of the release.
And i don't care how many people are included in the creation of the mixes if the tunes are as good as we're being led to believe - i'm almost tempted to buy it on recommendation alone.

HOWEVER

I'm feeling a little misled by the whole thing.

Nobody on there who i'd consider up and coming. Granted, Al & JFX and Jakazid haven't had the greatest exposure to the masses but i'm still disappointed that those of us who know our arses from our elbows are having well established artists served up to us as something new.

To be fair, i'd buy albums involving Joey, Kurt, Storm, Darwin et al any day of the week but this is looking a lot less like the big gamble i almost believed Nukleuz would be taking.

The first (and most likely second) Hardcore Underground albums WERE big gambles, this just looks like Volume 3 in all but name.

Save your 'what difference does it make if the tunes are good' comments because i agree - it doesn't make a difference! And i know it needs to sell too, but anyone with a hint of knowledge will appreciate a good product when they see one.

Won't stop me buying it but i'm nowhere near as excited as i'd hoped i'd be.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2008/01/30 :  10:31:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Can of worms... open! ;)

It's a matter of perspective, I'm sure. Did you expect Nukluez to put out an album w/ entirely unproven DJ/producers? I'd look at this as recognition for HU, if anything, both in concept and talents laid bare

From my POV, we did a lot of things right with both volumes of HU BUT... we got utterly assf**ed at retail. It's hard to guage potential sales, and interest, when they are compromised so heavily off the bat, so if nothing else this is an important step to securing the viability of "alternative" hardcore albums.

That all said, I'd like to hope that both this series AND others ( including HU ) will endeavour to showcase not just a range of material, but also DJs, down the line.

I had another whole rant about the "up and coming" thing, but I'll be succint. Some aren't, some are, but all are "next generation" meaning I'm pretty sure they'll be the ones picking up the pieces and reassembling them into something new and exciting down the line.

We NEED more albums, there's people who want to buy them, there's producers writing fantastic music, and as long as they are done w/ care and respect I'd like to see shedloads of albums released all the time as we witnessed in the mid-late 90's. Mid-level albums WILL cement a future for UK Hardcore, it only takes one "flop" in any big series to jeapordise everything and up until recently that's how it's been.

I'm sure I had a point. :S

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2008/01/30 10:33:58
DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2008/02/08 :  14:20:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
First artwork preview, designed by the multi-talented MC Obie:

DJ Euphoric
Advanced Member

Canada
686 posts
Posted - 2008/02/08 :  18:00:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Euphoric's homepage  Reply with quote
Cool cover design there.

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/02/08 :  19:27:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage  Reply with quote
thats a mint design

looking forward to this cd so much!!!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/02/11 :  18:27:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
5 DJ's, 1 CD? Too many cooks comes to mind:-( wot a shame! where's the individual talent?

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2008/02/12 :  06:16:31  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
5 DJ's, 1 CD? Too many cooks comes to mind:-( wot a shame! where's the individual talent?

Read fracus' post in this thread :)

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/02/12 :  08:59:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
This is looking great. I would pick at it but it looks like I've been beaten to it so I'll leave it at that. :)

Looking forward to it.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/02/12 :  11:04:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
It does look like a good double cd i look forward to having a listen to it.

Dain-Ja and Meph751!
Dont think ya comments on Stu Allan and Scot Brown are fair

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/02/12 :  11:06:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by eread:
I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long. Still looks like an amazing album though.

I think what would have been cool is have a third CD mixed by the previous hardcore nation DJ's, Seduction, Stu Allan and Robbie Long.

^^^^^^
I agree with you on that. Also why arent they on this release as they normally are.?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page