of 5

Author Thread  
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  16:54:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
The main reason I don't like CXH is the lack of variety. I do like the mainstream stuff but not whole 80min sets of it. :(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Watson.

United Kingdom
276 posts
Watson. has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  20:10:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Watson.'s homepage  Reply with quote
Seems to be almost universally accepted on here that CLXH3 was utter crap. 4 was quite good by all accounts. Seems 3 may have just been a bit of a blip, I'll try get a listen of 5 when it comes out. If it's good, then I'll buy it.

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  21:32:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree the 3rd chapter was the weakest of the 4. I don't think its crap though, and I still like a lot of the tracks on it.

JamieLeeds

United Kingdom
30 posts
JamieLeeds has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  17:21:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JamieLeeds's homepage  Reply with quote
So what if its more slightly more commercial than other hardcore albums? More than half the tracks on CXH4 are absolute stompers, that when played at a rave work the full crowd and get everyone going. I'll be buying it for sure.

Great tracks off CXH4

02. Darren Styles & Francis Hill - Come Running
03. Dougal & Gammer - Don't Stop Go
04. Darren Styles vs Hypasonic - Baby I'll Let You Know
05. Re-Con - Beating Of The Drum (Can You Feel It)
06. Nalin & Kane feat. Alex Prince - Cruising (Beachball 06)
07. Hypasonic vs Jorg Schmidt - Doesn't Matter (Squad-E Mix)
08. Darren Styles & Whizzkid - Girlfriend
09. Gammer - Rippin'
10. Darren Styles & Andrea Britton - Show Me The Sunshine
11. Sy & Unknown feat. Lou Lou - Hands Of Time
12. Styles & Squad-E - Party People
13. D-CODE feat. Emma - Like I Feel (Squad-E Mix)
14. Ultrabeat vs Darren Styles - Paradise & Dreams
16. Dougal & Gammer - Wii Go Crazy
17. Darren Styles feat. Junior - I Need You (Sy & Unknown Mix)
18. Darren Styles & Francis Hill - Light Of My Life

04. Breeze vs Lost Witness - Rise Again (Sy & Unknown Mix)
06. Re-Con - Save The Rave
07. M&C - Magic Touch (Squad-E Mix)
10. Katie Jewels - Burning Love (Breeze Mix)
11. GSDX - The Dream (Breeze Mix)
15. Breeze & UFO feat. Vikki Fee - Maybe

02. Hixxy, Dougal & Gammer - Phaze 2 Phaze
03. Frisco - Sea Of Love (Hixxy Remix)
04. Hixxy & Re-Con - Need Your Loving
06. Starstylerz feat. Michy - Keep On Moving (Hixxy Remix)
09. Hixxy & Re-Con - Dance With Me
10. Hixxy, Dougal & Gammer - Dark Skies
11. Hixxy - Perfect World
12. Hixxy, Sy & Unknown - The 'C' Commander
13. Hixxy & Re-Con - Love Comes Version 1.1

point proved?

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  17:28:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamieLeeds:
point proved?

Nope... Your personal opinion proven. :)

JamieLeeds

United Kingdom
30 posts
JamieLeeds has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  17:44:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JamieLeeds's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
quote:
Originally posted by JamieLeeds:
point proved?

Nope... Your personal opinion proven. :)

Haha I like your style. The thing about half the people who say 'oh clubland xtreme hardcore series is shit blah blah blah, too commercial, yada yada' is that they don't even listen to the series and just make pre thought out judgments.

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  22:17:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Ignorant judgements are always bad. The thing is, CXH is probably the most predictable hardcore compilation out there. You know you're going to have a given percentage of commercial dance remixes etc. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad, just that the people who really dislike the sound of previous CXH albums might just as well skip number five because the chance of them suddenly enjoying it is pretty slim.

On the same principle, I can say with 90% certainty that I'll probably like up to 5-7 tracks from each CD because they'll strike my soft cheese spots or will simply be fun. :)

And hey, to the people who dislike the Clubland formula, why don't you just admit that it has its place in the spotlight and it's not going anywhere? We all need a denominator and this is a perfect one. You don't like it - cool, but don't sweat trying to change it! Give it a pass and put aside cash for Hardcore Underground 3 or any other compilation you'd like better. It's simple stuff, very simple in fact, and your choice matters. If we manage to give other people enough support, they'll stand a better chance of being an actual alternative to the Raver Baby camp in most ravers' eyes.

And stop being such hypocrites. Most of you like the CXH cheese anyway, you're just too elitist and self-important to openly admit it. Ease up and enjoy it all. :)

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  22:21:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
The only thing disappointing with CXH4 was Hixxy's mix. There's only about 3-4 songs that I regularly listen to off his mix. Other than that, it will be hard for CXH5 to beat #4.

CXH1 and CXH2 in all its glory but CXH4 is, in my opinion, better.

My SOUNDCLOUD

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  22:22:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
And stop being such hypocrites. Most of you like the CXH cheese anyway, you're just too elitist and self-important to openly admit it. Ease up and enjoy it all. :)

I could kiss you!

Seriously, QFT

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2008/10/08 22:23:06
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/10/09 :  23:15:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Darren Styles might as well release the CD he does each time he does a mix on CXH. Lets face it, the Breeze and Hixxy mixes really are the worst of the worst. All being said, i quite enjoy the series, although it can get a little tiresome after a while.

Gabee

Norway
72 posts
Posted - 2008/10/10 :  01:10:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gabee's homepage  Reply with quote
[spam]I just came to think of something. I hope the cover is going to have a blue-ish background this year, because whenever I hear 5 I think of the color blue [/spam]

Edited by - Gabee on 2008/10/10 01:11:34
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/10 :  08:13:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
The only thing disappointing with CXH4 was Hixxy's mix. There's only about 3-4 songs that I regularly listen to off his mix. Other than that, it will be hard for CXH5 to beat #4.

personally i liked the Hixxy mix a lot, and possibly consider it the best of the 3. yea a lot of the tracks sound the same, but they are still my favorite tracks (1st 3, time comes, dark skies, dance with me, jump pump, sure feels good, and i'm missin possibly 2 more). HOWEVER, i HATE Clit Commander! it is the worst song on there and it basically almost ruins the whole thing. just like Hixxy and Storm's Just Accept It almost ruined H2BH CH7 for me.

and the 2 other CDs are pretty good too, but Darren Styles and Breeze (especially the breeze CD) have a bad habit of puttin a crappyass tune in between 2 really good ones

pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2008/10/12 :  18:27:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

reli i thought that hixxys mix was the best disc

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/10/12 :  19:51:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
Darren Styles might as well release the CD he does each time he does a mix on CXH. Lets face it, the Breeze and Hixxy mixes really are the worst of the worst. All being said, i quite enjoy the series, although it can get a little tiresome after a while.

Let's face it, that's just your opinion. Styles mixes have never really stood out in my mind, I prefer Breeze's mixes on 1 and 4.

tabsraver

United Kingdom
40 posts
Posted - 2008/10/17 :  14:32:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tabsraver's homepage  Reply with quote
cant wait for the launch party but the albums are abit erm crap to say the least last one was best of the lot.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page