of 16

Author Thread  
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  16:15:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Bonkers in name only then really. I won't be buying this out of principle.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  16:53:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
The track listing will feature acts such as Scooter, Styles & Breeze, Dougal & Gammer, Flip & Fill, Darren Styles, Hixxy and LMC.

BONKERS – THE NEXT GENERATION!"

*Waves bye bye to the Bonkers we once knew & loved*

All good things must come to an end I suppose & bonkers has official had its day.

Flip & Fill!? I mean. wtf? are they even still goin & if they are, they certainly ain't hardcore!

no doubt Sharkey will line up a blinder but the question is, is it worth paying for the full album just for one CD?

*crawls back into bed & cries himself to sleep*

Flip N Fill may not be hardcore, but the Darren Styles Scooter Ultrabeat 2009 Edit of Discoland will be

*Eagerly awaits hearing Jumping All Over The World bluring out of a Vauxhall Corsa at 170BPM on a council estate near me soon*

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  17:32:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
Bonkers in name only then really. I won't be buying this out of principle.

Coz that's the way to keep the scene alive.

You aint heard anything yet and you've already judged it.

Some people are wanks.

Yateszi

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  17:33:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Yateszi's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't like the looks of this.

I honestly think the cover art is good, but it doesn't suit Bonkers imo.

Why did they mention Scooter and Ultrabeat?? Sorry but their not hardcore and it's going to make everyone think their tracks are now "hardcore". Hopefully people like Gammer will put some awesome stuff on so people who may never have heard of Bonkers before can see the true meaning of it.

Looking forward to seeing the Ad on TV.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  18:35:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
yea, this utter fail.

Do you think Sharkey's gotten free hands on what to mix to this? prop is just going to be loads of tracks from him 2nd Artist album propably (for promotional purpose).

And what Happened to Scott Brown? Did he do the right thing and say no to AAtW, or did he want in but didnt get asked?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  18:48:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage  Reply with quote
I like the artwork, i dont like the write up..

but we will have to see about the album!

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:08:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
i like that they preserved the logo.

i dont like the lack of 18 or lack of cartoons.

they are about to overwrite the entire history of bonkers thus far.

14 years of constant bonkers gold will be gone in a flash of flashy new bonkers.. how could they do this? :(

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:14:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
again, scooter DID do hardcore back in 1996 :P

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:15:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

1994-98 actually, that's why I said "again" :P
slate that, i thought of saying that :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2009/04/21 19:16:37
DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:21:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

and tiesto mixed gabber back in 1996 too, lets not live in the past hehe.

Just hope this is good with new tracks, not just more refreshed tracks.

Edited by - DarrenJ on 2009/04/21 19:22:40
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:37:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
lol, either way you knew what i meant, at one point they did :P

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:38:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
I am rushing out to buy this.

gonna shine it up real good, turn it sideways & shove it up hixxy's arse!

iano

United Kingdom
37 posts
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:42:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit iano's homepage  Reply with quote
Sad... **** it though. Got the hardcore underground series! I shit bricks when I read about tracks from flip n fill etc... were going to feature. Can no longer say Bonkers is my fave album of all time :( Now ballbags will think I mean this album. Why does it say the orginal hardcore? Whats orginal about it? When in the name of good **** was Unknown one of the orginal DJ's unless in my long long days of being a avid UK/Happy Hardcore listener I have missed something. Whats with the ****ing splashed yellow paint? Why is there nearly always a form of splashed ****ing paint on albums owned by AATW? Why the minge does it say "The next Chapter" It condradicts itself, its like saying its the sequel but the prequel at the same time... Idiots.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  19:46:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
As much as it does look like shit, i must say Flip'n'Fill tunes have been in Bonkers before, even back when i thought the album serie was good (B9). Scooter has done HHC and their tunes have been on "UK Hardcore" CD's before (Hardcore, The Ultimate Hardcore Album, Original Hardcore and Clubland X-Treme Hardcore 2 to name a few). The name dropping is obvious because their trying to sell the album to retailers. So i'm not gonna slam it down ...yet :P

sense_of_hardcore

United Kingdom
45 posts
Posted - 2009/04/21 :  20:03:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sense_of_hardcore's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Hardcore is flying – this is seen by the recent success of Scooter, Darren Styles and Ultrabeat

Scooter haven't produced happy hardcore for over 13 years, their style has moved far away from that, and they were never considered hardcore legends now where they? Darren Styles has certainly done his bit for hardcore. Ultrabeat haven't really produced hardcore although we know Mike di Scala does but they did do their bit to promote tunes like "Pretty Green Eyes" and "Feelin' Fine" albeit using the commercial Clubland sound.

quote:
The track listing will feature acts such as Scooter, Styles & Breeze, Dougal & Gammer, Flip & Fill, Darren Styles, Hixxy and LMC.

To be fair, look at Hixxy's mix of Bonkers 9, you had Flip N Fill, Kelly Llorenna, N-Trance etc. tracks so its not unusual to have remixes of tracks from commercial artists. But yeah I can't say I'm excited at the prospect of tracks featuring LMC or Flip & Fill. Am I right in saying that Hixxy is doing a mix featuring a mixture of tracks between 2000-2009? I bet thats where most of those commercial artists will be featured.

quote:
The difference between this and other Hardcore albums is that this is Bonkers! Bonkers is a widely recognised brand with a huge loyal following and this TV album will take that brand to the next level. The new Bonkers album will be the first of its kind establishing on TV the Bonkers brand and setting up the series for more instalments.

Indeed do those promoters have any idea what Bonkers is and have they heard the last 18 albums (including Best of Bonkers!)? They seem obsessed with getting this album promoted on TV and sadly it is likely the hardcore sound will be diluted or compromised.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page