Printer friendly
Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  17:31:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djkenmasters:
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
So in actual fact, although he may have other reasons, Sharkey IS in it for the money. This doesnt make him a bad person but it is true.

Yeah, I have to agree there meathead. Sharkey is in it for the money now i'm afraid otherwise he'd have done what Scott Brown's down & wash his hands of AATW.

As for him having to make a living, I don't agree with that one bit. There's alot of shitty jobs i'd rather have than selling out Hardcore. Obviously the fat cats have waved a nice big cheque infront of his cheeky little face & he's snatched it up but they'll have done the same to Scott Brown & he's told em where to go GOOD LAD!

Like i say mate, almost everyone. I wouldnt do it id defo do a Scott Brown n all, but its his Sharkey's choice. I dont know why he did it, but he probably had his reasons so imnot gonna judge too much, ill just accept he's just one more producer recruted to the darkside.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  17:41:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DeezeNuts:
quote:
Originally posted by kathryn:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmygoat:
Just as a start to any point about albums is to listen to them as they are music things.

Of course cd3 is older stuff, so you know what it sounds like.

I know that its not as simple as that, but its worth bearing that point in mind before getting your anti Scooter Weaponry out straight away!

am talking about Scooter in general.

I don't know whats with the hate against scooter, That Nessaja Scooter remix by Breeze on CXH2 (or 3? I dunno) is pretty good. If breeze can do that to what was the original nessaja Im sure Sharkey can pull somthing that's equally as good or better.

I do like the tunes Scooter has done bar 1 it's the chanting over the tunes by the mc hp, am talking about.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  18:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
very suprised 2 see that aatw have kept the original logo,but i,m disappointed they didn,t keep the cartoons are call it 18

and some of the track list is a joke couldn,t beleive scooter tracks sharkey remix(i actually laughed out loud)and what unknown is playing at starting of with some u2 crap i,ll never know,then we come 2 hixxys mix,i thought it was 2000+ mix so were all the tracks from 2000,2001e.t.c and he had 2 put his worst track ever on the mix r u ready(absolute woeful track)

but then again alot of it looks good but we,ll never know till we hear it,the track which stuck out most for me and i can,t wait 2 hear it is darwins remix of let me be your fantasy,but knowing my luck it,ll be even worse than the u2 and scooter remixes lol

K6HLR

United Kingdom
73 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  19:19:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit K6HLR's homepage  Reply with quote
isnt hixxys disc off H.T.I.D lol

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  20:40:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"and i can,t wait 2 hear it is darwins remix of let me be your fantasy,but knowing my luck it,ll be even worse than the u2 and scooter remixes lol"

It's good, honestly. This was done "for fun" a while ago, and was originally featured on HU3. Due to delays to the aforementioned, we couldn't license it at the final moment, and AATW have gone above and beyond to clear it here.

It is breaks. It is fairly true to the original, and it's inclusion here should be welcomed by all

CDJay

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  21:53:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
So in actual fact, although he may have other reasons, Sharkey IS in it for the money. This doesnt make him a bad person but it is true.

Yeah, I have to agree there meathead. Sharkey is in it for the money now i'm afraid otherwise he'd have done what Scott Brown's down & wash his hands of AATW.

As for him having to make a living, I don't agree with that one bit. There's alot of shitty jobs i'd rather have than selling out Hardcore. Obviously the fat cats have waved a nice big cheque infront of his cheeky little face & he's snatched it up but they'll have done the same to Scott Brown & he's told em where to go GOOD LAD!

Well this is what Scott posted on the Evolution forums the other day

QUOTE(Sithoag @ Apr 20 2009, 04:38 AM) *

I thought Hixxy said the new Bonkers was just going to be Him, Sharkey, and Unknown, and that Scott said he's never doin' another Bonkers again.

Rubbish, I don't believe anything like that was ever said.

I know nothing about Bonkers other than I was SUPPOSED to do it but looks like it's been ripped out of my grasp.

Check news section for forthcoming releases

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  22:15:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:
quote:

Well this is what Scott posted on the Evolution forums the other day

QUOTE(Sithoag @ Apr 20 2009, 04:38 AM) *

I thought Hixxy said the new Bonkers was just going to be Him, Sharkey, and Unknown, and that Scott said he's never doin' another Bonkers again.

Rubbish, I don't believe anything like that was ever said.

I know nothing about Bonkers other than I was SUPPOSED to do it but looks like it's been ripped out of my grasp.

Check news section for forthcoming releases

wonder why thy didnt have Scot Brown on the cd?

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/04/24 :  22:40:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
its because all three DJ's that are mixing the cds...are all AATW signed artists

in a mildly unreated note - i just won the promo acetate sampler for Bonkers 9 :)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/04/24 22:42:28
Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/25 :  14:02:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
we are the hardcore elites. we've been around longest and know more.

Uh... LOL wow.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/04/25 :  14:34:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
in a mildly unreated note - i just won the promo acetate sampler for Bonkers 9 :)

Awesome

Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  01:11:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage  Reply with quote
I am kinda disapointed... Dont like Hixxys disc.. didnt he do a similar "old" one not too long ago? Bah.. Sharkeys disc - Looks great! Looks interesting.. Unknowns disc - hmmmmm dunno....

Im not sure if ill buy or not. Might do.

Excalibur

United States
107 posts
Excalibur has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  08:48:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Excalibur's homepage  Reply with quote
The album has me a bit disappointed but relieved at the same time. It's missing the charm and flair that the original ones had, but at least they kept the logo the same and the bimbos away from the cover. I still don't get what they mean by TV Album though, does that mean super mainstream? I hope not. What has me even more surprised though is that Hixxy didn't try to throw in "Set You Free" in there somewhere.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  10:09:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
yeah - that whole "tv album" is a bit odd"..like i said earlier, its not exactly unusual for bonkers to be on TV since its been advertised on their since bonkers 9 lol

Dogsy
Average Member

United Kingdom
212 posts
Dogsy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  12:55:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dogsy's homepage  Reply with quote
IMO It could be better but it could be worse. Sharkey's disc looks the best.Chris Uknown's looks ok(ish). Hixxy's... well another cd of tracks that have been heard before. Im not saying I hate the tracks there is some I loved when I heard them a few years ago but lots of us can just go though our cd collection at home and pick these tracks out. Its been a more than a year a half since B17- a long wait and it seems wasteful for a whole disc to be filled with overheard tracks.

Ill still buy it for the Sharkey and Chris Unknown's cds.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Posted - 2009/04/26 :  13:23:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ only overheard to us - this album is going to reach a stupid amount of people that have never heard hardcore before, so im quite happy that they put these classics on there, and not a load of useless older tracks

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page