Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 how can people bad mouth scooter
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
i_love_scooter

Australia
38 posts
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  01:32:54  Show profile Send a private message
im a new to this message board thing and i stumbled across it coz i luv hardcore and noticed that alot of poeple were knocking SCOOTER. i thing that scooter are one of the greatest producers of happy hardcore music out there. not too many have lasted as long as they have. ill admit that sometimes some of there songs can be pretty stupid, but the mojority are quality.

e.g

friends (one of the greates HH songs out there)
the entire 'the beat goes on album' it was just quality after quality
the logical song
waiting for spring
endless summber

anyone who truly loves HH loves scooter

Alert moderator
virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  01:39:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage
You're forgetting something, they do trance now. they are never coming back to Hardcore. They turned their back on the scene and frankly that pisses me off somethin awful! I have no time for people who do that. If they loved the scene so much they would never have left! So yeah, scooter wer good, now they are not! End of Story!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

Alert moderator Go to top of page
mcjutt
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
564 posts
mcjutt has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  02:17:54  Show profile  Send a private message
the musics great i agree BUT THAT F***ING MC DOES MY HEAD IN! his lyrics are crap and meaningless hes hardly mc storm is he ,he ruins scooter and the music plus theyve sold out to trance just like vinyl groover,dj brisk and a few others

[email protected]

DJ nimby

United States
49 posts
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  03:50:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ nimby's homepage
quote:
You're forgetting something, they do trance now. they are never coming back to Hardcore. They turned their back on the scene and frankly that pisses me off somethin awful! I have no time for people who do that. If they loved the scene so much they would never have left!

so im guessing your not a hixxy fan either? ;)

jared

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  03:55:39  Show profile  Send a private message
Sorry to but in, BUT! Hixxy plays hardcore (v.trancey true) but still hardcore!
Scooter play commercial/chart hard house/trance (& personally I like most of their stuff) thopugh I can undestand some people being p*ssed off as they sold out, but if they felt it suited them then why not?

Hardcore family never dies.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  08:30:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
scooter wasn't in the happy hardcore scene in the sense that we all know, being the UK hardcore. scooter was always more on the commercial side of things, with having full albums, and concentrating their efforts on cd sale's rather then more underground vinyl. There's nothing wrong with that, but most people that are really into the underground uk hardcore sound dont even really classify him in the same genre

DJ nimby

United States
49 posts
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  09:19:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ nimby's homepage
what actually classifies something as 'hardcore' is there a set guidline or is it just an individual opinion? what makes the raver / jelly baby stuff hardcore? sounds like trance at a faster pace. but then we cant say anything over xBPM is hardcore because there is some fast techno, and drum n bass but we dont call that hardcore. theres even slow hardcore (IE newstyle) that we still call hardcore even though it is much slower than what others may consider hardcore.

so i guess that what im saying is why do people consider raver / jelly baby stuff to be hardcore when it has only speed in common with it and everything else in common with trance? is it just because its from hixxy who we just automatically associate with hardcore?

im pointless,
jared

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  13:58:03  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah bu tif u went and played raver / jelly baby stuff to a hard trance crowd, they d say ahh thats hardcore. Its just the way it is i think, i don't class scooter as hardcore i mean im raving im raving that wernt even close 2 bein hardcore!! if it was even intended to be!!

Like a bolt of lightning it's so frightning..Get ur brain now we're igniting

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/09/03 :  14:30:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by mcjutt:
theyve sold out to trance just like vinyl groover,dj brisk and a few others

Brisk has sold out to TRANCE?! Did I miss a meeting here? Why didn't anyone tell me?!

*runs off to hang himself* IT'S NOT WORTH LIVING ANYMORE!!!

*sigh*

i_love_scooter

Australia
38 posts
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  01:21:13  Show profile  Send a private message
no way scooter is trance!!!
and they are hardcore, alot of there stuff is commercial but all there good songs are genuine hardcore. there latest song isnt that hardcore but its not trance.

on an unrelated topic, how piss poor is most of the trance these days, very little of it is quality, uplifting trance, or maybe its just me being to fussy

BigRyan
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  01:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message
There album the beat gos on was class but after that they went downhill, that our happy hardcore album was awful! songs like let me be your valantine and rebel yell was a joke. theyre new stuff is ok as far as chart music gos but i wud never class it as hardcore.

as for the mc, well allegedly he can't speak english and dosn't even know what hes saying.

-----------------------
www.bawbag.com
-----------------------

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  02:09:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
They are also not original enuff for me.... it's like take a bit of tune from this song some vocals for this song and we have a tune and we've done bugger all!!!!!

Sy.

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  02:58:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Scooter = Gayz0r

and im the biggest hardcore nut you'll find ever.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  03:00:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
quote:
plus theyve sold out to trance just like vinyl groover,dj brisk and a few others

dj brisk sold out to trance??? hahaha i think you just lost ALL possible credibility on this board with that statement.

quote:
i thing that scooter are one of the greatest producers of happy hardcore music out there.

everyones entitled to their opinion. i disagree. to me, scooter's production has always been fairly average, their sound is fairly standard and their tunes do not really have that much detailed production.

quote:
anyone who truly loves HH loves scooter

again, ********. i am not overly fond of scooter, and the same can be said for other members of this board, but we all truly love happy hardcore just as much, if not more than you.

quote:
no way scooter is trance!!!
and they are hardcore, alot of there stuff is commercial but all there good songs are genuine hardcore. there latest song isnt that hardcore but its not trance.

ummm.... scooter haven't been producing hardcore for ages now. go find an interview with them and you'll find that they also say that they're not doing hardcore anymore.

quote:
on an unrelated topic, how piss poor is most of the trance these days, very little of it is quality, uplifting trance, or maybe its just me being to fussy

once again, your opinion. however, i am unable to take it seriously because you obviously don't know your genres very well. i personally think there is quite a decent amount of trance around, especially harder, but still uplifting stuff.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  03:26:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ nimby:
so im guessing your not a hixxy fan either? ;)

Hixxy is a fantastic DJ. Any1 who turns around and says his music is not hardcore needs a slap in the head! Hixxy is Hardcore. His hardcore is among the best in the scene right now. Just think, without Raver Baby & Jelly Baby, Hardcore would'nt be as good as it is now by a long shot. Just think of some of the tunes on Raver baby. 'You're Shining', 'Deep Inside', 'Future Set', 'Alternative', 'Just Accept It' and thats just to name a few. These tunes are the tunes the hardcore ravers come to listen to. We love them and we always will. As long as Hixxy is producing his hardcore I'll be happy coz he superb. Why slag off quality music? We are all in this together. We're trying to make the scene better not worse!

Oh an pacman, quality son!!! Thats how you do it!!! People who dont have a clue, let em know like that!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

Edited by - virtigo on 2002/09/04 03:29:04
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/09/04 :  03:39:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
hahahaha i can't tell if you're being sarcastic but thanks anyway.

however, i'm not a hixxy fan. sure i own most of both the RB & JB series, and there are some great tunes on there, but the statement "Just think, without Raver Baby & Jelly Baby, Hardcore would'nt be as good as it is now by a long shot." is a bit over the top. hixxy's style of hardcore (and breeze, styles & ufo) is only one of many types of hardcore that is around today, and i'll probably get crucified for this but i honestly don't think the scene would suffer as much as you say if hixxy wasn't producing.

i also believe that people not being partial to certain styles/producers are still making the scene better. like you said, heaps of people like hixxy and so he's not exactly going to fade away into nothing. the people who don't are supporting other parts of the hardcore scene, thus diversifying and drawing more people into the scene all the time.

it's all good.

peace.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page