Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2011/11/27 :  00:50:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
If you don't get it you can have one of mine flower

I can't buy mine till payday on Wednesday Dean! (car failed MOT) so might give you a nudge if its sold out!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2011/12/26 :  21:08:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
Got this for Christmas, listening to the Douglas & A.B mix first today. I don't believe in mixed CDs anymore, but the tune selection is great so far. Show Me Love is amazing, it's a shame there's less than 2 minutes of it.

Edited by - lurker on 2011/12/26 21:08:56
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/12/26 :  21:46:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
^show me love is awesome - does credit to the original! ('Space Brothers - Legacy' for those not in the know!)

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2011/12/26 :  23:50:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
I got this for Christmas (only just recently learned of it's existance), and after a few listens I'm thoroughly impressed. Discs 2 & 3 are amazing, and despite not being that much of a freeform fan, I actually quite enjoy disc 4. It's disc 1 that I'm disappointed in. Besides one of two songs, the entire disc is forgettable, and full of generic RB upfront tunes, and ******** electrocore. I loved almost everything Al Storm was producing there for a few years, but over the past years his tunes have all taken a dip in quality. Disc 1 seems like a mix for a Clubland CD, and that's disappointing given HUs amazing track record. I own all the HUs except 2, and disc 1 of HU5 is the only disc that I flat out do not like. There's too many skip able tracks for me to actually take the CD out to listen to it in the car or at home.

I hate to sound so negative though - I love this album, and it gets a 9/10 for me. There isn't enough compilations releasing hardcore of this quality and style. I really wish BBHC would catch on like electrocore has. This and Hardcore Addiction are the only compilation albums that are pushing that "underground" sound, and that's a shame, since that definitely doesn't give me enough of a fix for the year.

Kind of off topic, can anyone point me in the direction of some compilations or artist albums in the vein of HU? I know Darwin & Fracus just released an artist album, and I recently ordered the Hardcore Addiction bundle, but I'm never really up to date on new CD releases. I bought HH: Summer Madness, but even that was pretty lackluster.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/12/27 :  00:07:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
I got this for Christmas (only just recently learned of it's existance), and after a few listens I'm thoroughly impressed. Discs 2 & 3 are amazing, and despite not being that much of a freeform fan, I actually quite enjoy disc 4. It's disc 1 that I'm disappointed in. Besides one of two songs, the entire disc is forgettable, and full of generic RB upfront tunes, and ******** electrocore. I loved almost everything Al Storm was producing there for a few years, but over the past years his tunes have all taken a dip in quality. Disc 1 seems like a mix for a Clubland CD, and that's disappointing given HUs amazing track record. I own all the HUs except 2, and disc 1 of HU5 is the only disc that I flat out do not like. There's too many skip able tracks for me to actually take the CD out to listen to it in the car or at home.

I hate to sound so negative though - I love this album, and it gets a 9/10 for me. There isn't enough compilations releasing hardcore of this quality and style. I really wish BBHC would catch on like electrocore has. This and Hardcore Addiction are the only compilation albums that are pushing that "underground" sound, and that's a shame, since that definitely doesn't give me enough of a fix for the year.

Kind of off topic, can anyone point me in the direction of some compilations or artist albums in the vein of HU? I know Darwin & Fracus just released an artist album, and I recently ordered the Hardcore Addiction bundle, but I'm never really up to date on new CD releases. I bought HH: Summer Madness, but even that was pretty lackluster.

I'd say adding the artists on facebook is probably the best way as it's the main place for promotion at the moment, they normally accept anyone so you don't have to worry about knowing them or anything. Just have a look down the list from your favorite CDs and just search the artist on facebook for their pages and you should be able to keep up to date.

-http://www.hardcoreunderground.info/
-http://www.twitter.com/HULtdOfficial
-This forum often acts as a bulletin board for artists to promote their releases and provide news
-Some of them are on Krafty Radio IRC from time to time
-Trackitdown, Hardbeatsdownload etc.

And facebook...again. Social networking seems to be the place right now.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/02/26 :  00:13:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Are you for real? I'm on disc one now, and have to say its fantastic, track 20 I've replayed 10 times, played disc 4 first and all I can say its freeform, some good but mostly boring (not really a fan) Can't wait for disc 3 then last of all disc 2!

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/02/26 :  01:20:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:

Are you for real? I'm on disc one now, and have to say its fantastic, track 20 I've replayed 10 times, played disc 4 first and all I can say its freeform, some good but mostly boring (not really a fan) Can't wait for disc 3 then last of all disc 2!

Dude, thats the general opinion across the board. Have a look at the I Got Mine thread.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/02/26 :  10:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
More people voted Conservative in the last general election, doesn't make them right!

Edited by - djDMS on 2012/02/26 17:20:35
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2012/02/26 :  14:24:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

More people voted Conservative in the last general election, doesn't make them right!

QFT.

Also, it would wise to consider that democracy is a political ideal introduced by the ancient Greeks as a fairer way to govern,

not as a system by which everything else should be judged.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page