Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/12/27 :  08:16:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
There are a good few tracks from EP missing and I wonder if there are legal obstacles preventing them from getting released digitally. I could see the same thing happening with any Raver Baby releases as a number of them were remixes of Clubland tracks.

Yeah I can't get a hold of the other mix of Sunrise. Just the Dougal & Gammer mix I bought when TrackItDown was a functioning website.

I hope all the RB stuff is released eventually.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/12/27 :  20:26:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
yea, I thinks quicker tyo ask Deejay Bee or Overflow about the original mix of Sunrize

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2020/12/27 :  21:45:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
Firstly am I right in thinking hixxy owns the rights to the force and styles back catalogue? And is involved in sorting out the force and styles album that is going digital?
If that is successful which I think it will be you would think he would get his ass in gear and do the same with raver baby.

Secondly I actually can never see it happening though because even when hixxy was putting out the raver baby vinyl releases he was terrible with his release schedule, some tracks were 2 years or more old before they got a vinyl release. He doesn?t even release any of his new tracks digitally and can?t even stick to doing a monthly show on rinse fm so can?t ever see him doing it.

I?ve asked him about this loads of times like the majority of people have and not just about raver baby releases other bits like his new tracks and he always says the same old shit yeah they are coming, got a new label lined up to put em out on bla bla bla.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/12/28 :  03:50:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes. The joke about how long it would take for the digital versions of RB will come out didnt originally come from itself. I don't know how it was before RB, but quite a lot of RB vinyls took a long time to come out.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2020/12/28 :  04:10:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes, I think a lot of people are looking for reasons why this hasnt happened yet and as far as I can see it is very obviously down to one person and that is Hixxy. He was always fecking useless at running the label and was always full of shit when questioned about releases.

As has been mentioned, tunes were often over 2 years old by the time they were released (if they ever got released in the first place). Back in those days, with the amount of quality tunes getting made every month and played out at raves, it was difficult to get too excited about ?new? raverbaby releases as they would be so old by the time you got your hands on them. Compare that to the likes of Quosh, evolution and Essential platinum who had regular releases then it was a ****ing shambles. It improved a lot when all of the producers started their own labels; Junkbox, Futureworld, Twista etc.

I think Hixxy has the power to do this but quite simply he cant be bothered and that has probably been the case the whole time. I had a glimmer of hope that the lockdown might be our best chance of getting these but it looks like that was wishful thinking too. Hixxy should never have been the one to lead such an important label for the scene.

I actually bought rips of the whole Raverbaby catalogue online for a tenner a couple of months ago. Some of the quality isnt great but Ive accepted that its as close as Im ever going to get to having the catalogue in digital form.

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/12/28 :  10:56:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
I think the only reason Hixxy has allowed the Force & Styles back catalogue to be made available in a digital format - whether that is some really limited edition bundle or hopefully widely available on download shops we will have to wait and see - is that Hixxy didn't actually need to be involved. Once he handed over the DATS which apparently were stored in his loft, Force took the reigns and is doing all the remastering work.

I remember real early on in the Raver Baby life, there was a website either run by Hixxy or on his behalf. They had the expected first 20 or so Raver Baby planned releases and some of the tracks on that schedule were things like the remix of My Way that featured on Bonkers 8. The fact so many tracks were never released is pretty appalling.

I think the only time Hixxy ever managed to get his act together was with the release of the B-Trax records which along with Undercover seemed to be pretty much every track from Bonkers 7 and then some. There must be so much unreleased tracks by Hixxy over the decades.

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2020/12/28 :  11:09:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah all he seems to have done in lockdown is had forcey round to go through and sort all the dats out from u.k dance, and not sorted any raver baby back catalogue stuff out, obviously he has another career away from music aswell that he is busy with also,
and like you say that is the reason people started up labels like junkbox, twista, futureworld etc because they were sick of getting asked about when releases were coming out and not having an answer, and wanting to get there stuff released.
I?ve spoke to ufo a few times this year and asked him about raver baby digi releases and other bits aswell from hixxy. He said what we all know. That there was a hard drive problem but hixxy is bad at getting his ass in gear.

I also remember when sy was mixing the bonkers album, the one where his mix was the best of bonkers 1-7 albums and he didn?t have all the vinyl and was waiting for weeks for hixxy to sort the vinyls out of the ones sy didn?t have and by the time they turned up sy had to get the mix done in one take and didn?t have much time to prepare.
This sums up Hixxy. So not sure why we expect anything different really, we all live in hope though.!

MusicILove
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,255 posts
MusicILove is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2020/12/28 :  11:14:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MusicILove's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Yeah all he seems to have done in lockdown is had forcey round to go through and sort all the dats out from u.k dance, and not sorted any raver baby back catalogue stuff out, obviously he has another career away from music aswell that he is busy with also,
and like you say that is the reason people started up labels like junkbox, twista, futureworld etc because they were sick of getting asked about when releases were coming out and not having an answer, and wanting to get there stuff released.
I?ve spoke to ufo a few times this year and asked him about raver baby digi releases and other bits aswell from hixxy. He said what we all know. That there was a hard drive problem but hixxy is bad at getting his ass in gear.

I also remember when sy was mixing the bonkers album, the one where his mix was the best of bonkers 1-7 albums and he didn?t have all the vinyl and was waiting for weeks for hixxy to sort the vinyls out of the ones sy didn?t have and by the time they turned up sy had to get the mix done in one take and didn?t have much time to prepare.
This sums up Hixxy. So not sure why we expect anything different really, we all live in hope though.!

What other career does he have?

LeVzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
944 posts
Posted - 2020/12/29 :  09:01:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit LeVzi's homepage  Reply with quote
Only gotta look at the fat bastard to see how fking lazy he is.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2020/12/29 :  12:00:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeVzi:
Only gotta look at the fat bastard to see how fking lazy he is.

Lol true.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/12/29 :  12:38:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I think the only time Hixxy ever managed to get his act together was with the release of the B-Trax records which along with Undercover seemed to be pretty much every track from Bonkers 7 and then some. There must be so much unreleased tracks by Hixxy over the decades.

You mean "Cover Up", not Undercover, right? :P

Music I love: Realestate

Edited by - Samination on 2020/12/29 12:40:30
Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/12/29 :  15:12:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

You mean "Cover Up", not Undercover, right? :P

Music I love: Realestate

Yeah that's the name. Couldn't think of it when I wrote that.

The unfortunate problem is there are a huge number of labels from the either never made their music available digitally, or they did on websites like IMO Download and Trackitdown and they are no longer available. It does seem that a lot of DJs aren't too concerned with making their previous work easily accessible to purchase.

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2020/12/29 :  20:35:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage  Reply with quote
I asked him again on the helter skelter Facebook page about his tracks going digital and he replied saying once the force and styles album is out he has something similar planned for the back end of 2021 with his own tracks. Make of that what you will.

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/12/30 :  04:58:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I asked him again on the helter skelter Facebook page about his tracks going digital and he replied saying once the force and styles album is out he has something similar planned for the back end of 2021 with his own tracks. Make of that what you will.

Knowing Hixxy, he actually meant 2077, the same year Cyberpunk will be playable. He's never going to get his back catalogue released. I am sure everything he has produced going all the way back to when he started is remastered for DJ use already. So there's really no reason it would take him so long to get it all up after the Force & Styles album.

Saying that, the idea of Force & Styles tracks being an album worries me slightly. I hope that doesn't mean it's some kind of limited edition CD release. I want it to be properly available as wav/MP3 to purchase without some kind of restrictions that could cause people to lose out on getting it.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2020/12/30 :  08:02:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

He is clearly one of those types that believes his own ********. If you lie to yourself it makes it much easier to lie to others.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page