Printer friendly
Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2020/12/20 :  12:35:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Yes, I uploaded the whole (released) B-trax backcat on youtube, and a few Cover Up.

Not even UFO have the Music Makers digitally, but then the guy had a harddrive crash too (I heard about this far, far before I ever heard that Hixxy had the same problem)

UFO has been trying very hard to digitise his music, but it would suck if some was lost to a Hard drive crash.

Mr UFO, if you're reading this, try software called Recuva.

KFA got Saiyan in who has done a great job in modernising the label and pushing it forward. Hixxy needs someone to do it on his behalf too.

Hello mate! Good to see you again. How's things? :)
I meant to add you on FB ages ago after our chat on SC but this year has been a disaster for me on every single level and I completely lost the plot. I was looking forward to it as well.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2020/12/23 :  13:05:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
RB stuff I have digitally, either off Hixxy or UFO

Sky Diving
You're Shining
Breaka
Connections
Sonic
Back 2 The Old Skool
Taking Me Higher
The Theme
I Adore
You're My Angel
Getting Better
Heaven In My Heart
Punk
plus 5/6 more

Loads I've not got, would love the 2001 stuff digitally.

Hixxy, UFO, Breeze, Styles, Dougal will 100% have wavs on a CD somewhere in a CD wallet, they could make a shit load of money if they did a double CD or something with all the classics on plus a mix, I'm not sure why it hasn't been done to be honest...there's money to be made.

Alex Threat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
676 posts
Alex Threat has attended 3 events
Posted - 2020/12/23 :  13:42:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alex Threat's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:

Sky Diving
You're Shining
Breaka
Connections
Sonic
Back 2 The Old Skool
Taking Me Higher
The Theme
I Adore
You're My Angel
Getting Better
Heaven In My Heart
Punk
plus 5/6 more

Hixxy, UFO, Breeze, Styles, Dougal will 100% have wavs on a CD somewhere in a CD wallet, they could make a shit load of money if they did a double CD or something with all the classics on plus a mix, I'm not sure why it hasn't been done to be honest...there's money to be made.

Wouldn't mind all of those in my collection. Yeah i agree, would be an excellent idea to be fair and something i would definitely be interested in buying!

Luz1978

United Kingdom
57 posts
Posted - 2020/12/23 :  15:00:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Luz1978's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree, a lot of people would like the opportunity to get hold of the RB back catalogue digitally and would pay a fair price.

The MoS album released last year was an example of how not to do this though, the versions included in the download I bought on iTunes were all short edits, really disappointing.

tenfold234

Canada
75 posts
Posted - 2020/12/23 :  16:51:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tenfold234's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I know at least UFO has some of his RB stuff digitally because I saw him play it off his controller/CDJ setup he has during his facebook stream back at the end of November.

He played is remix of Deep Inside (not the New infinity version), Breaka, New Years Day. So I know hes at least has his stuff. I am hoping he plans on releasing this on Ufology. I was able to get Breaka and Hardcore off IMO years ago. Deep Inside and NYD still nothing though

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  02:20:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:

Sky Diving
You're Shining
Breaka
Connections
Sonic
Back 2 The Old Skool
Taking Me Higher
The Theme
I Adore
You're My Angel
Getting Better
Heaven In My Heart
Punk
plus 5/6 more

To add to this, Hixxy has used some of his tracks on the 100% Clubland Hardcore last year or the year before which included the unreleased remix of Welcome which I think was also featured on the first Clubland Hardcore Xtreme album. So he obviously has access to his back catalogue in some form or another.

Dougal kinda made some of his music available recently but still loads of it isn't up online. It's really very much bits and pieces.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  06:08:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brainchild:
Dougal kinda made some of his music available recently but still loads of it isn't up online. It's really very much bits and pieces.

Yea, dougal sold his EPP2002 backcat to PMI Dance, the same guys who had the Resist/React stuff once, or still do

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  08:50:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
Did he sell them the back catalogue of his 90s stuff as well as they seem to have put up some of that as well, though I also noted that a couple of tracks weren?t from the Essential Platinum label such as Ham & DNA ?About U? and E-Logic & DNA ?Bridge over Troubled Water?. I guess the label isn?t important to Dougal anymore as he seems to just release his stuff on other peoples labels instead.

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  10:25:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
I can see why Dougal would release on other labels TBH, it's not like Essential Platinum has youtube/instagram/facebook pages with thousands of people following, which is where the value of a label is these days.

9oh9

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  10:30:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 9oh9's homepage  Reply with quote
And as Thumpa said, if I were in their position I'd have done a CD or download pack release by now; fewer and fewer people are going to be interested as time goes on. Good to know that there are digital copies of some tracks floating around at least.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  16:08:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea, in a similar way to what CDJay said about preservation, the longer you wait, less successful will the recovery progress become.

Luz1978

United Kingdom
57 posts
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  17:53:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Luz1978's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Yea, dougal sold his EPP2002 backcat to PMI Dance, the same guys who had the Resist/React stuff once, or still do

Is this the EP stuff on beat port? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything!!

Edited by - Luz1978 on 2020/12/24 17:53:28
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2020/12/24 :  21:05:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luz1978:
quote:
quote:

Is this the EP stuff on beat port? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything!!

if its the recently uploaded stuff, then yea, its those

carldj90

United States
299 posts
carldj90 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2020/12/27 :  01:29:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit carldj90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luz1978:
quote:
quote:

if its the recently uploaded stuff, then yea, its those

Hey Samination are you saying there are RB things on beatport? could you link any of it? I don't really feel like going through this whole topic atm :)

ah the EP stuff..i did see it got updated with some new tunes while others got taken down.

Edited by - carldj90 on 2020/12/27 01:30:08
Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2020/12/27 :  08:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
There are a good few tracks from EP missing and I wonder if there are legal obstacles preventing them from getting released digitally. I could see the same thing happening with any Raver Baby releases as a number of them were remixes of Clubland tracks.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page