Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  19:48:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
I see why people think this track is amazing, but I didn't like it pretty much. I usually like these kind of riffs but this one just didn't appeal to me.
Making stuff out of blue moon is enjoyable. =)

quote:
Originally posted by lurker:
And FFS, why are you using me as your basis for overgeneralizing the entire community here? I've only been here, what, 4-5 months?

He wasn't using you specifically. People are sometimes really closed-minded and hateful on this site (sometimes I'm like that myself), which stands out pretty much, especially during Clubland Hardcore seasons. And you sounded just like one of them.

And "lifeless"-ness, shittyness, goodness and everything else in music (bunch of sounds that amuse people and make them fight over which period/genre is better) is subjective. It's not nice concluding a track is lifeless just because it sounded boring to you.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2012/04/04 19:49:15
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  19:48:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
While I don't like the way he said it, I do agree with Archefluxx. Gammer's songs are best heard live rather than through your headphones. It's unbelievable how my opinion of this minimal/electro/whateverthe****youwanttocallit-core has changed right after I heard him play live here in Houston. You won't get the complete feeling of what he was trying to do with his tracks until you hear someone, specifically him, play it out live.

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  19:50:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage  Reply with quote
Whoa, people! I think it's ok if people have their own opinion and that, but DAAAAAAAMN, could we all cut the flaming out at least?!

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  19:52:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
Well non-melodic stuff require quality. Otherwise they don't sound so good.
I never found myself liking/hating a melody just because it was in HQ. But it still improves listening experience.

EDIT: And yeah, lets save flaming for the next Clubland Hardcore season! Anyone making strategies already?

Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2012/04/04 19:53:55
v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:00:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
I see why people think this track is amazing, but I didn't like it pretty much. I usually like these kind of riffs but this one just didn't appeal to me.
Making stuff out of blue moon is enjoyable. =)

That's fair, you can't love, or even like everything in this world, and I'm cool with that.

Also if wong thinks this tune is lifeless, even if it's not that minimal stuff, then he just does. Wouldn't this world be boring if everyone thought the same?

I'm not offended at all just because lurker or wong or anyone that I missed didn't like it, so please no hard feelings.

EDIT: Haven't we fought about Gammer before? :P

Edited by - v-act on 2012/04/04 20:03:35
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:00:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

EDIT: And yeah, lets save flaming for the next Clubland Hardcore season! Anyone making strategies already?

i'll just stick with the usual 'breeze is a c*nt' etc

Edited by - wong on 2012/04/04 20:01:03
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:02:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by v-act:
quote:

Also if wong thinks this tune is lifeless, even if it's not that minimal stuff, then he just does. Wouldn't this world be boring if everyone thought the same?

it wasn't me that said it was lifeless. i actually like the track, but i just dont think its anything special and is being overhyped on facebook and soundcloud thats all

Edited by - wong on 2012/04/04 20:04:04
v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:05:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
quote:

it wasn't me that said it was lifeless

Sorry man, my bad. It was Lurker who said that.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:05:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
no problemo

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:08:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Breakbeat Jon wound me up the most with his comment.

The track is all about the atmosphere, the feeling. It adds that euphoric mood. People that re-portray feeling and emotion in their works are artists. Artists are people who produce what they feel, and they put the love and time into it to make it sound good to them. They work outside of what trends. This is traveling in the opposite direction to the industry and style of music that is generating the business - and thats another thing I like about this track. Its different to they tracks produced to make money. The people who produce those tracks are more businessmen than artists.

It pains me that art is slandered as it has been. Not often these days does a melodic track with such feeling be produced with the sheer talent of Gammer and the standard of studio he works with. This isnt a random person paying 100 an hour telling someone with a studio what to do hoping that his emotion is transfered into the track by someone else. This comes directly from Gammers core. Its against the current, and thats a BIG thing for hardcore. Everyones trying to sniff out the pennies, but this is different.

When someone says he'll be pissing while the most emotive hardcore ever made is playing is an insult.
When someone says that a track that is full of raw and fresh emotion is lifeless, they are clueless. Feeling lets us know we're alive, and the glee that translates out of this track is what gives it the energy - and therefore life.

I wish people could see it that way. I like to think of myself an artist too, so I empathise with Gammer when people ignore what this track is REALLY about.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/04/04 20:09:39
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:10:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
EDIT: Haven't we fought about Gammer before? :P

Lol yeah. I really don't see why the hell anyone should hate that guy. XD Except for making that violent joke one day. Which was nothing remarkable.

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:13:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
I've listen to the track a few more times again, and I have to say that the reason I think is why I'm finding this track lifeless when the kicks come in is that the bass is still the usual electro-crap when the rest of the track isn't. It overpowers everything else, ESPECIALLY the lead (which could afford to be louder anyway). You can't have euphoria with a clunky bass like that in the way. It kills the atmosphere and the feeling. Gammer isn't entirely devoted to bringing back the old sound here- he says himself he's "just giving a nod" to it.

Edited by - lurker on 2012/04/04 20:19:18
Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:18:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Lurker

Maybe you just think its lifeless because the heartbeat comes to a stop.

Lul!

Dont think there's much wrong with the bass. It has a good cut off, and the high end of most electro basses doesnt clash with the higher frequency stuff like you hear with some stuff. Gisbitch Im surprised a simple element as the bassline threw you.

Its like Luna-C said, good music outweighs bad production.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  20:29:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
I like electro offbeat bass in general. Its more fun as I'm always hearing generic basses.

It's always about the "old sound". Just got somehow sick of hearing about it all the time. Did anyone ever promise something new without saying it's old-ish? Hilarious lol.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/04/04 :  21:04:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
This track is HUUUUGE, don't know why people are bitching.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page