Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Squad-E losing the plot again
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  07:04:34  Show profile Send a private message
Or maybe he's just shitfaced drunk, I don't know. But he's been on a FB posting spree with HTID about him not being booked for their events. It's quite entertaining, especially the dumbasses who keep supporting this trainwreck. And as of now a couple of the posts have been deleted, but thank goodness for screen capture!

And this juicy one is the one that's been deleted, along with the "suck my dick" one

Seriously hilarious this last one as it went on, and people genuinely believed he was telling the truth, which more than likely he wasn't. One of the organizers of HTID USA, James Rize, came on and stated the number is false, and he of course said he only knew what he was told. Hmm, that kind of brings back some memories of the Sy fiasco and the shit he spewed.

Just in case anyone is wondering, 12k USD is like 7600 quid. And those 7600 usually includes the plane ticket, which is probably about 1000 quid, and hotel costs. And Darren has a booking agent that takes a cut I'm sure of the pay. Even then, the number I'm sure is exaggerated.

Alert moderator
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  07:07:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Jesus.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  07:12:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
Hardcore Till I Die, YEH!

I'm amused that major name DJ's (is squad-e major name anymore?) will still carry on (and type!) like an early teen on social media. Facebook should have an 'I'm getting blind tonight' setting. It would be more boring though.

Edited by - Lilley on 2014/12/18 07:13:02
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  08:33:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
I really don't know where to start with this. He clearly needs help. What a bitter, twisted, cringeworthy, green-eyed cnut.
12k to book DS - LOL. As has been said I'm sure he did take a bigger fee than most, but there's a reason for that. Styles has more talent and class in his morning shite than squad-e could ever dream of having.
Threatening to knee cap the guy who runs HTID as well.
Wonder what Re-Con makes of this?
Squad-e is murder these days anyway but I won't be supporting him again by downloading his tunes or going to any raves he's booked for. Hope his 'career' goes even further down the shitter than it already has.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2014/12/18 08:50:41
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  09:31:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Reminds me of school

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  10:07:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
It was his birthday yesterday and think he got smashed all nite then started all this, it's the do with htid booking sy in November and going back on there word

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  10:30:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
It was his birthday yesterday and think he got smashed all nite then started all this, it's the do with htid booking sy in November and going back on there word

I saw the first couple of posts and figured he'd gotten a bit drunk and emotional, posting old pictures up and talking about old times and what have you, I bet he's biting his fist this morning though.
He could approach them again with his cap in his hands but he might just have over done it this time, publicly, to perhaps the most well known rave organisation in the UK, disrespecting one of the most well-loved high profile members of the scene.
Just shows you have to be incredibly careful when you're in that kind of position. I don't imagine he'll look back on this birthday with fond memories.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  11:07:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Embarrassing.

With any luck him and a few others will finally manage to commit career suicide, then we might be left with grown ups running things.

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  11:15:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
I think the worst part is that he liked his own status.

I'm kidding. I had to, sorry.

Edited by - jordesuvi on 2015/05/10 19:43:01
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  11:23:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal of $12,000. That's not much at ALL considering his following. ****, if he had any decent management it would be 12K PLUS 5 star lodgement PLUS air fares. So you're looking at more like 20K all up not including a green room rider.

But to say $12,000 is a lot? Get ****ed. Saying "$12,000 an hour" doesn't mean shit either, a set is an hour long. He gets paid for the set he's not a ****ing hourly worker at McDonalds for **** sake.

Wanna talk big money? Talk about Tiesto in australia a few years ago. We're talking hundreds of thousands and millions for 2x3 hour sets.

And yes, his manager would get a cut - most likely 10%.

But holy shit, the money they are paying him for a large event is nothing compared to the money coming in the door, don't forget that. Whinge whinge whinge nothings changed in the hardcore scene.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  11:32:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
I think the worst part is that he liked his own status.

I'm kidding.

But he mentioned that some are here for the money.
I can't imagine that there is much money going around hardcore?

And in all fairness, I realize hardcore events are mainly small but to say Darren has 100'000+ likes on Facebook, way more than a lot of upcoming EDM (mainly trap) producers that probably get similar, if not more money per show.
Including all the other costs, ?7600 isn't as bad it's being made out to be. I do understand why Wayne would be angered by it though.

Could you explain why then? because I've no idea why this angers him so much. At the end of the day, if promoters want to pay 12k for an hour set (which they didn't) then that's their choice. It's not like 'the ravers' are forking out their life savings for an hour of Darren Styles.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  12:17:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal of $12,000. That's not much at ALL considering his following. ****, if he had any decent management it would be 12K PLUS 5 star lodgement PLUS air fares. So you're looking at more like 20K all up not including a green room rider.

But to say $12,000 is a lot? Get ****ed. Saying "$12,000 an hour" doesn't mean shit either, a set is an hour long. He gets paid for the set he's not a ****ing hourly worker at McDonalds for **** sake.

Wanna talk big money? Talk about Tiesto in australia a few years ago. We're talking hundreds of thousands and millions for 2x3 hour sets.

And yes, his manager would get a cut - most likely 10%.

But holy shit, the money they are paying him for a large event is nothing compared to the money coming in the door, don't forget that. Whinge whinge whinge nothings changed in the hardcore scene.

Twelve grand is a lot of money for a set within the context of Hardcore. There is simply no disputing that.

I know what a few of the top DJs charge per set, and it is significantly less than 10% of the figure we're talking about here (which I realise is probably not the real figure).

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  12:46:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Don't forget that if he's being made to go to the US then although it's a big holiday for them or whatever, he's still away from home for an extended period beyond what he would be for a normal set.

He's the biggest name in hardcore and is starting to make waves in other genres too, potentially bringing people from other scenes into ours so there's no reason at all that he shouldn't be making the big money. And like others said, 12k isn't really that much (especially as its actually only about 7500GBP)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  12:51:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
He probably thought that being a top tier DJ in hardcore was for life. He was (very suddenly, it seemed) introduced into an elite club very few are privileged to be in. He was a remix powerhouse as well. A man can be forgiven for his personal demons but you can't attack your colleagues then wonder why you're excluded.
And only a fool would try to topple a man like Sy and expect to ultimately come out on top.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  12:58:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage
He's not helping himself, first the Sy " issue " which no one seems to know exactly what happened so its hard to judge, now having a pop at Styles because of second hand information which is nothing to do with him anyway. At this rate he will have pissed off every DJ in the scene

ninja edit

Spain
51 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  13:19:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ninja edit's homepage
LOL

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page