Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/08/03 :  21:25:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
man i duno about some of those chris fear tracks xp
i hope scott really dominates that mix cuz i can't say i have even heard chris fear produce any hardcore i like and alot of that recent stuff he is pushing has that big time big room/trappy sound

did he ask about working HU7 or was he asked to do it; i feel like another dj could of fit much much better to be honest. but i get the whole encompassing all parts of the current scene thing....

You might like his tune Far Far Away, it's quite Shimamura esque:

I love this tune!!! I looked it up before I put my pre-order in. Well, Chris Fear was on Best of 2013, so I guess that's why he was asked back. My question is, is Hixxy not producing at the moment? In a way, it would be kinda nice to hear a mix from Hixxy on such a big album, but only if he pulled out the old style mixing he was so good at!

actually not too bad of a track; hopefully he keeps it pretty solid for HU

forgot about 2013 ; but i even feel like that mix was good cuz of sc@r haha.

just dont wana see scoot brought down!!

** & hixxy would def be sweet. vagabond & dowster are still pumpin out toons too they are so quite about it though

***double edit : WHY NOT SC@R & BROWN

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - trippnface on 2015/08/03 21:33:44
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/08/04 :  06:30:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:

You might like his tune Far Far Away, it's quite Shimamura esque:

That is fcuking massive! Never heard that. Love it.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/07 :  06:14:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
The tracklist i think contains more songs that are out/available than previous albums?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/07 :  10:38:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Possibly, although that's as much down to a need to snapshot the past 18 months (nothing else is!) as anything.

Still, well over half is unreleased

(Although not for long, as we're pushing to get almost everything HU related out between September and November)

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  07:55:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Oh I wasn't criticising it's just an observation

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  10:53:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
I feel like rockin' up in the car park after school with it pumping out, boot open and selling copies out the back of the car; hand out a few flyers.

That won't look dodgy. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
perhaps other genres are overshadowing the next generation of listeners to come through? Not that there was a huge platform anyway, but the whole tv-advertised, chart topping hardcore album days seem to be way behind us; I can't understand why someone in school right now *wouldn't* like what is on HU7, it's a current sound.

The relative success of last decade's sound and hardcore's struggle to recapture anything like that level of success after selling out supports the idea that the older sound was actually better (which a lot of us already knew).

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/08/08 11:05:49
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  11:29:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
That's debatable; the sound had become some formulaic and overdone that things were already tapering off (with older crowd pleasers featuring more and more regularly in live sets). There is zero doubt that the established players were running off fumes in terms of inspiration, and the mid tier had been slowly bled out of existence. Not sure swinging the completely other direction, and isolating the remaining audience, was the way to go though!

As I said earlier, we're closer to Bonkers 8 territory now. There are *elements* of EDM, and even Dubcore, present but it's all much more sensibly integrated and the result is far more identifiable as "hardcore" without relying entirely on BPM as the defining characteristic. What we really need is:

1- established artists writing more, and with passion
2- recent breakthrough artists focusing on the genre ( this is actually happening )
3 - new talent to get support and A&R (also happening)

HU7 is a baby step, towards recovery, but at a time where we're seeing promising things in the UK *and* abroad.

CDJay

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  12:04:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
As I said earlier, we're closer to Bonkers 8 territory now. There are *elements* of EDM, and even Dubcore,

And some Freeform, thanks for including the remix CDJAY you sexy man!

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  12:58:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
The bleep song shows that the old sound can come across as very fresh when it's inspired and filled with talent (true talent) that very few of the top tier have.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  15:45:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
That's debatable; the sound had become some formulaic and overdone that things were already tapering off (with older crowd pleasers featuring more and more regularly in live sets). There is zero doubt that the established players were running off fumes in terms of inspiration, and the mid tier had been slowly bled out of existence. Not sure swinging the completely other direction, and isolating the remaining audience, was the way to go though!

As I said earlier, we're closer to Bonkers 8 territory now. There are *elements* of EDM, and even Dubcore, present but it's all much more sensibly integrated and the result is far more identifiable as "hardcore" without relying entirely on BPM as the defining characteristic. What we really need is:

1- established artists writing more, and with passion
2- recent breakthrough artists focusing on the genre ( this is actually happening )
3 - new talent to get support and A&R (also happening)

HU7 is a baby step, towards recovery, but at a time where we're seeing promising things in the UK *and* abroad.

CDJay

I acknowledge that the genre had started to decline in popularity at the end of last decade but, in my mind, the modern sound(s) and diversification of hardcore has only accelerated that process.

It's obviously impossible to prove either way but I suspect we wouldn't be in this quandary if we'd stuck with the sound that achieved mainstream success in the first place. People liked it. They don't like what we have now.

If people liked UK hardcore in 2007 just because it was mainstream dance music sped up then why don't they like mainstream dance music sped up in 2015? (my answer is irrelevant but it would be that mainstream dance music has been in a horrible place for years and we should never try to imitate it ever)

Tl;dr: '07 was the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
The bleep song shows that the old sound can come across as very fresh when it's inspired and filled with talent (true talent) that very few of the top tier have.

Truth. Although I think it's indisputable that the likes of Styles, Re-Con, Dougal, Gammer and even Hixxy have tons of talent, even if they're currently misapplying it.

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/08/08 16:00:53
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  17:41:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Where's all this 'mainstream success' people keep talking about?

The fact that Hardcore has been more popular in the past doesn't mean it was (or ever will be) big business.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/08/08 :  21:34:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Where's all this 'mainstream success' people keep talking about?

The fact that Hardcore has been more popular in the past doesn't mean it was (or ever will be) big business.

Okay then substitute "success" for "relative success" :P

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/08/09 :  17:31:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Better than it is now and I think a lot of that is people trying to make the music get taken more seriously. Cdjay was right about it being important that there has to be more to it than just the tempo and I think we really have lost something here. The sooner the top tier detach themselves from the scene the better and instead of slagging off everyone who thinks they made an error. The TWR lot should just leave and call it something else.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/08/13 :  10:29:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
FINALLY got my preorder in for this and Entity :)

Can't wait :)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/08/17 :  11:36:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Stock expected tail end of this week; as much as I normally loathe announcing delays (even when small) this time it *wasn't* a logistical F** up, or problems with the assets, it was simply that I wanted the Dynamite Remix on HU7 and the Cube::Hard remix of "Spice" on Material.

If we'd pulled the trigger any earlier than we did, neither would be on the respective projects.

So I sleep more soundly, than usual, this time out

(IE if people get antsy, this time, it's actually *my* fault for a change! )

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page