Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 current state of the hardcore scene
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  01:56:29  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
Firstly, a warm hello to you all! As this is my first post, apologies if there is a welcome section within this forum as I could not find one. Now that the hello Is out of the way, may I proceed to my question. Back story, when I was a kid, I grew up listening to happy hardcore (must of been said countless times I guess) to the likes of Slipmat, vibes, midas etc etc. I followed hardcore like a religion back then. Then came the millennium, when I was in high school (I'm now 27) with albums such as universal hardcore were out, and in my personal opinion was the pinnacle of hardcore was out, around 2000-2006. At which point I aquired my first set of decks which were vestax pdt 5000's with a Gemini mixer, where my vinyl collection grew to a, at the time, satisfactory collection, which I also started producing tracks too (available on my sound cloud), but, sadly responsibilitys took over and left the hardcore scene behind. And with it, producing and djing. I've had my fare share of raves (not performed at btw) including westfest and more recently totally lost it events at bowlers in Manchester, but by this point I hard started collecting and mixing the more trippy (and oldschool/piano) side of dance taking inspiration from the likes of Carl cox F.A.C.
T mixes and techno trance. When I recently tried to return to the scene having bought "clubland x-tremendous hardcore 8", I was mortified to find that every track took on a commercial, electro, dubstep type style which which made me rather sad, and, as a result, stopped listening to the scene full stop.To know a scene I loved and believed in and was involved in had turned out in such a way. I don't know if this is just my opinion or one shared by many, perhaps (or rather knowingly) that clubland x treme is a bad example and obviously and hopefully not a representative of all current hardcore. The magic I felt seemed as it it had gone, and we were left with this commercial joke left from what was once a scene I used to feel proud to be part of. What I wonder now tho is, what is the scene currently like? Has it moved past this stage or are we still in this electro/dubstep sounding stage, as I'm at a time in my life where I'd love to bring back my many feelings, emotions, and love, that I had for hardcore. Any replies appreciated, as I miss the glory days, where hardcore was my life.

"you ain't headlinin' if you ain't redlinin'!!"

Alert moderator

Edited by - Gaz mace-E 1988 on 2015/10/04 02:12:14
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  02:14:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Your biggest mistake is thinking that CXH8 is an adequate representation of the current scene, even the scene at the time it was released. It isn't. There's far more variety out there than whatever came from that album. You should consider getting some of the Hardcore Underground volume albums. You can pick up Hardcore Underground 3, 6 and 7 on this site:

http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/

Also pick up Happy Hardcore Underground. It has more happier 90s hardcore influences in most, if not all of the tracks.

You can pick up HU Presents 2013 as well for a "bargain" price of 3 quid. Although depending on who you ask, some might say even that's too much to pay for that album lol

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/10/04 02:17:21
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  08:06:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
There is a lot of great emotional and magical hardcore around, you just have to look forward to it and hardcore underground is the road to most of it.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  08:27:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
There is a lot of great emotional and magical hardcore around, you just have to look forward to it and hardcore underground is the road to most of it.

*ignore what I said, I competly forgot to check user names :( Sorry Gaz*

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2015/10/04 12:38:05
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  08:36:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
No it's not just you. Hardcore has been unlistenable to me (with the exception of hand full of tracks which are good but still not in the same way as older stuff) for many years now. In the space of 15 years most genres of evolved beyond recognition and this is also true for Hardcore.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  11:21:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Welcome to the forums!

I don't even follow Hardcore anymore, not the recent stuff anyway and haven't since 2007 when I got sick to death of the same old, same old Trancy Raverbaby stuff getting ripped on every other label.

The only new stuff I heard is Old Skool sounding stuff, Casket Crusherbeing a good example who makes excellent tunes!

I also make my own tunes now and enjoy it, but I do it for myself but it gives me something to listen to.

But it seems that the 'Electro/ Dubstep' stuff is just another ploy into the commercial side of things just like the Trance side of things 10 years ago.

Gaz mace-E 1988

United Kingdom
77 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  13:27:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gaz mace-E 1988's homepage
Thanks Smoogie :) do you host your tracks anywhere?
Yeah its pretty much how I feel on the whole subject, the last track I actually liked probably was in 2008 with Hixxy vs dougal & gammer - phaze 2 phaze which I think was on the Raverbaby label? Also I didn't think at the time of writing that, to were I thought the pinnacle of hardcore was for me, it may of even peaked far earlier for others etc. I mean, how hardcore evolved from the mid 90s to let's say, 2004, I actually liked the way it was evolving and the direction it was heading, but sadly things changed :(. I'll check this HU out too.

quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Origianally posted by Vladel:

*ignore what I said, I competly forgot to check user names :( Sorry Gaz*

Haha its cool man! :)

"you ain't headlinin' if you ain't redlinin'!!"

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  16:13:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I can't really recommend starting with Happy Hardcore Underground enough

CDJay

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  17:44:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I can't really recommend starting with Happy Hardcore Underground enough

CDJay

Is there going to be a Vol.2????

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  17:47:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
There better be! I want a fracus & Darwin heart of gold remix

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  20:20:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:

Ugh I'd rather not. I'm sick to death of Heart of Gold.

But it might be doable. Although I was thinking it could a real challenge considering how hard it was for Jon to try and make Darwin's ToyTown remix happen on the first edition, which unfortunately backfired. But looking at the tracklist, a Harmony and Apollo 13 remix, both F&S tracks, did make the cut, but only on the mixes. The same would be for a Heart of Gold remix I'm sure.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  20:55:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
yeah i don't think there have been that many remixes of heart of gold since the nineties, there's the hixxy remix on Bonkers 9 and the crappy breeze and styles one later on but i reckon Fracus & darwin could smash it it the tune gets the same treatment here i am got.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2015/10/06 :  10:24:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Ugh I'd rather not. I'm sick to death of Heart of Gold.

I know exactly what you mean, it's like hearing Sweet Harmony for the billionth time!

shades316

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2015/10/06 :  11:01:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit shades316's homepage
quote:

Who's remix is this? https://www.facebook.com/chelsiiravin.rose/videos/916420538452919/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular&action_history=null

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2015/10/06 :  15:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
^^ I like the sound of that. True to the original but with a new twist.

shades316

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2015/10/06 :  15:53:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit shades316's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
^^ I like the sound of that. True to the original but with a new twist.

Yeah me too. More of a remake than a remix... along the same lines as the F&D mix of Hear I Am and Al Storm's mix of Have It All which featured on HHU.

I assume its done by F&D?? Would be good to hear a better quality clip. :)

Does anyone know if the sets from Sound Wave were recorded?

Edited by - shades316 on 2015/10/06 15:54:46

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page