of 14

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  03:43:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:... I just deleted all my Google accounts as part of finally following through on my Google boycott.

Is that paranoia I smell, or just napalm in the morning? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  04:27:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:... I just deleted all my Google accounts as part of finally following through on my Google boycott.

Serious answer: I just don't like their business practices. And, yeah, privacy is a large part of that. As is their tax evasion, blatant lying, anti-competitive practices and their uncanny ability to bend over and act as a lapdog for any rich lobbyist or third world dictatorship that asks nicely.

Still got to figure out how to get rid of YouTube but other than that, I've pretty much got it figured out. Life without Google is possible, you guys. ;)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  06:41:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
quote:

Serious answer: I just don't like their business practices. And, yeah, privacy is a large part of that. As is their tax evasion, blatant lying, anti-competitive practices and their uncanny ability to bend over and act as a lapdog for any rich lobbyist or third world dictatorship that asks nicely.

Still got to figure out how to get rid of YouTube but other than that, I've pretty much got it figured out. Life without Google is possible, you guys. ;)

So you're an Apple person I'm guessing? The company that uses manufacturing plants that have to build nets around their buildings to prevent their workers from committing suicide? The company that just got handed a multibillion dollar bill from the European Commission for taking advantage of a loophole that should not have existed? Lol ok. Any multi billion dollar compny will not be void of anything you just accused Google of doing so if you want to avoid supporting these evil corporations then move to a remote area an live off the land.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2016/10/25 06:42:39
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  07:26:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you're an Apple person I'm guessing? The company that uses manufacturing plants that have to build nets around their buildings to prevent their workers from committing suicide? The company that just got handed a multibillion dollar bill from the European Commission for taking advantage of a loophole that should not have existed? Lol ok. Any multi billion dollar compny will not be void of anything you just accused Google of doing so if you want to avoid supporting these evil corporations then move to a remote area an live off the land.

Nope. The only difference between Apple and Google is that Apple overcharge you while they **** you.

My phone's open source hardware running a modded AOSP. My computer runs Linux. I'm not a half-baked hipster hypocrite moron.

Sure, the tech giants are all as bad as each other. Doesn't mean we have to suck it up and take it.

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/25 07:27:00
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/25 :  15:32:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
Hi gang!

Once again, a huge thank you to you all! I can?t wait to get cracking!!!

In the meantime, here?s the free track I promised.

Whilst I am totally happy for you to play this track in dj sets in clubs or online, I will not be happy if the full track is shared online? I know I?m giving this track away for free, but it?s only free to you and the rest of the 100, a small thank you from me.

Although I know you will be responsible, I will be keeping an eye on the downloads just so it?s fair for everyone ;-)

Anyway, here it is? it?s an older track but I hope you like it!

Ham - Anything For You (24 bit wav direct download link): (REDACTED)

Clicking the link should be fine but if you are having any trouble downloading it try the ?right click and save as? option.

Ham x

can only find a slow version on youtube? track is pretty weak though honestly. hope he makes som real uk hardcore for the album

Until a couple of weeks ago, you could find my pre-release edit of the proper 170 hardcore track on there (not the whole thing, mind). It's a total coincidence that it's not up now actually. I just deleted all my Google accounts as part of finally following through on my Google boycott. Nothing to do with Ham or him finally releasing the track.

And yeah, Anything For You was a really weird one (and this is coming from the guy who produced Skream -- awesome track btw). Out of nowhere, he came with this totally modern "chillout-core" track (there was actually a brief spate of tracks in that style in ~2012 if you remember -- I actually thought that was going to be the new direction for hardcore for a while). Breeze did a set with several tracks like that in it including his Home remix. I actually loved that stuff at the time. I'm all for variation (NOT restriction) in the scene and the chilled out sound was providing some enjoyable variation. It was a nice little diversion for a while (infinitely better than some of the big room shite we have today) but it died pretty quickly and there's no denying that those tracks now sound weak to the traditional UK hardcore fan.

Still probably better than anything else he's produced this decade:

I'm actually listening to that remix for the first time in years and, **** me, I forgot how good it was. Lovely track. Definitely the best thing Breeze has done this decade (possibly even since Sometimes unless I'm forgetting one or two scratch that, Futureworld released some bangers in 2009).

interesting; good info dude!

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/06/24 :  23:06:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Just having a proper listen through the tracks now, this is much better than I originally gave it credit for... and that's not a bad starting point.

The brisk and ham collab is as good as anything I've heard in the last 10 years or so. The overall sound of the album is awesome. Loving yeah yeah yeah, forever, bring it back, want you and bounce 2 dis beat. Great vibe throughout and a lot of tracks that have grown on me.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/06/24 :  23:56:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
ya i shoulda swooped this one.

sonova bitch!

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  02:45:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Just having a proper listen through the tracks now, this is much better than I originally gave it credit for... and that's not a bad starting point.

The brisk and ham collab is as good as anything I've heard in the last 10 years or so. The overall sound of the album is awesome. Loving yeah yeah yeah, forever, bring it back, want you and bounce 2 dis beat. Great vibe throughout and a lot of tracks that have grown on me.

How exactly do those tracks go ? bet they're well unpredictable ........

Edited by - skarr on 2017/06/25 07:24:34
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  07:41:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:

Let's just say that none of them are anywhere near as predictable as you...

Where have you been hiding anyway? I get the impression that you suffer with poor mental health and only come on here when at a particular low point to act like an idiot and try to make yourself feel better. There are better ways of dealing with it mate.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  08:51:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
so whos gonna admit the ham album was ****in epic and well worth ?100 ? no one, absolutely NOBODY has said that.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  08:56:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
The Ham album was ****in epic and well worth the ?100.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  09:10:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where have you been hiding anyway? I get the impression that you suffer with poor mental health and only come on here when at a particular low point to act like an idiot and try to make yourself feel better. There are better ways of dealing with it mate.

stop getting upset because you threw a 1er down the ham drain, at least I don't come on here to lie to myself about how much that ham scam album was worth half a weeks wages.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  09:33:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

stop getting upset because you threw a 1er down the ham drain, at least I don't come on here to lie to myself about how much that ham scam album was worth half a weeks wages.

As I said pal, there are better ways of dealing with mental health than ranting a load of shite on a forum. The only person getting upset is you. Maybe you should stop spending half your weeks wages on getting ****ed up.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  09:44:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As I said pal, there are better ways of dealing with mental health than ranting a load of shite on a forum. The only person getting upset is you. Maybe you should stop spending half your weeks wages on getting ****ed up.

i already said. .. we joined at the same time, you have nearly 3 times as many posts as me ? who spends more of their life on here ? me or you ?

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  10:00:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe you'd post more on here if you weren't restricted by that straitjacket. Hopefully you get caught again soon and back into the loony bin.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page