of 14

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/08/17 :  19:39:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
From what I've heard from others he wasn't overpriced at all.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/08/17 :  19:51:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah I'm sure that's the case, was only making a joke in reference to the ridiculous price he's put on these 10 tracks.

I think part of the problem Ham had was that he was in Brisk's shadow. Brisk was always the one known for having great mixing skills and he seemed to get loads of bookings, whereas nobody knew too much about Ham the DJ. Ham has obvious talent in the studio and that was evident in his solo work. Suppose it was a bit like fellow Next Generation producer Vagabond, don't think I ever seen him DJ but always loved his productions.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/08/17 :  20:18:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
where did he post this

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/08/17 :  20:20:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/djham/photos/a.10150120272340146.287789.181331095145/10153599868895146/?type=3&comment_id=10153603109250146¬if_t=photo_reply¬if_id=1471346826307538

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/08/17 :  21:56:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't beleive he is half way already, that is just simply insane.

youngson

United Kingdom
106 posts
youngson has donated money to the site youngson has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/08/17 :  22:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit youngson's homepage  Reply with quote
Had a few too many drinks to read the comments.

I registered my interest to buy this though and here are my reasons.

1. It's bloody DJ HAM. He's a pioneer of the scene, his productions have always been great. Why would this be any different? He can even do DnB, it'l be interesting to see how much of that he puts into these tunes.

2. I'm quite excited of being only 100 people to have this. (I wouldn't pay this much if more had it, even though i've paid for rare dnb of 100 for 25 quid(hardcore is the true love though).)

3. Maybe if we do this, he will do more?

4. I like supporting artists. I fkin love hardcore man, if dj ham needs my money to make a bloody album, have it son, bloody have it, i'll only piss it up against a wall anyway.

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  01:19:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
You don't need that much money, just make a CD album

Hardcore has changed alot since the NG/BB days and not for the good!

If you want to help poor DJ HAM pay his bills go ahead, a fool and his money are soon parted.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  07:26:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Suppose it was a bit like fellow Next Generation producer Vagabond, don't think I ever seen him DJ but always loved his productions.

Im sure i read years ago that he doesn't dj?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  08:04:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'm not saying he should do it for nothing, or even next to nothing. I just think it's a little unfair that people who have been fans for years, decades even, can't enjoy the music because it is prohibitively expensive.
Maybe he will put up a free mix or something.

Of course you'll hear the music. Most of the 100 people will feature at least one track in every mix they do until the day they die!

This is exactly why its clear its not aimed at the listeners. The way I see it is it appeals to the DJs looking for some seriously exclusive music &, going by some of his other comments, producers.

Its very easy to be blinded by the asking price but it all depends on what you aim to gain from backing it.

What makes you think any dj's who want exclusives to play need Ham's music? There's more decent tracks out there than ever. There's more producers than ever making quality tracks which means most dj's will know several producers and be able to get pre release exclusives before the masses get them on release date.

As much as I love to see how well Hardcore is doing at the minute, judging by the people who frequent this site, I'm not the only one who understands that the overall standard & quality control has seriously slipped.

There really aren't many Hardcore producers id consider backing in a project like this but Ham is definitely one I have faith in making the whole thing worthwhile.

Combine that with the experience he's gained through his DnB venture, not to mention the new contacts he's gained. So yeah, I'm curious to see what this new project will produce & getting hold of these tracks appeals to me. This may well be something that re-writes the rule books & I'd like to think I helped him in making it happen.

Its sad that the audience will be limited of course, but he clearly feels this is the only way to justify taking this on & I have no reason the believe the guy is in it to make a quick buck.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  10:15:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Yeah I'm sure that's the case, was only making a joke in reference to the ridiculous price he's put on these 10 tracks.

Doh!

My mistake, didn't see who'd replied when I commented ;-)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  12:41:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Well the thing that bugs me the most is the chance to miss a superb track. But no 1 track is ever worth 100 quid. And I had no problems buying a Video Game soundtrack (CD) for +50GBP

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/08/18 12:42:40
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  14:13:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
considering doing this now just for the crack!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  14:13:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
I have to agree with what a lot of people have mentioned, it needs to be some sort of physical release. A special edition vinyl with digital copies too would be excellent but a little farfetched. At the very least a CD.

A simple digital download would take something away from what could be a real special release but nothings set in stone yet. That decision will probably make or break it for me.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  14:35:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm very curious, almost to the point of just saying "fuck it, it's only a hundred quid".
Maybe if he chucked in his back cat, mixes, older remix packs, and something physical (and I'm counting memory sticks!), just something else to make it that bit more special I'd be more inclined.

He did say people were probably going to club together to buy the tracks, which he doesn't mind so much as long as they don't get leaked. Just mentioning, is all...

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/08/18 :  15:10:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
i dunno; i think he knocked his head.
how about he plays next HTID or actually does something with Brisk?

too much ****ing money for pretty much nothing.
look how butthurt he gets when someone suggests it will get shared?

" how dare they would **** over their hardcore brothers and sisters " !!!

Huh? we been right here ; where you been; hardcore " brother" ?
havent heard shit from him for years and years; now what? make a few tracks and disappear?

Naw; the hardcore scene has been looking out for itself without Ham; and his obvious lack of love for it. That is what i get from reading this ordeal.

Ham > Hamillton. Always.

what a joke.

with that much cash; he could for sure kickstart something for ; his long time; far more loyal; not dnb fans....cmon hardcore brother!!!!

when is the last time he did anything for the hardcore scene? or tried? asked about tracks or albums? kept in contact with other artists; about hardcore? listened to hardcore? went to a hardcore gathering?

is this about hardcore; or money?

Edited by - trippnface on 2016/08/18 15:36:00

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page