Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2017/02/04 :  17:53:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
From thumpa's Facebook

"Look at the hardcore scene, Styles, Hixxy, Gammer, Breeze, all 4 of them haven't released a single tune over the last year I swear to god, and they are STILL 4 of the biggest names in the music. It's the laziest music scene in the UK by far, hardly any music released, same old shit being played at raves, one major promoter and then HTID now owned by a load of aussies that think hardstyle is the way forward, it's a total mess. Magaluf last year was 600 people max and that had every DJ under the sun. I went to a rave in Holland last month where arena 4 was 100% Frenchcore and it was 3000 people easy. Major things need to happen in the hardcore scene going forward, I don't want to waste any more of my time on trying to resolve it though. I want to be a bedroom DJ again and get excited about logging into Juno or wherever every Monday and buying tunes"

In all fairness, I had every intention of being a knob about the state of freeform etc but I have to say respect to be honest because when your passion is gone, it's better to find the love again any which way you can and I for one wish thumpa all the best.

Absolutely spot on. I've completely lost interest in hardcore over the last year due to the lack of releases. In years gone by the lack of releases weren't such an issue as I was raving fairly regularly and there was enough going on in the wider scene to keep me at least semi-interested. These days I only keep an eye on things by logging into this forum which says it all really. Absolute shambles.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/02/04 :  22:59:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
It's always been a closed scene since day one, all the big boys care about now is bookings in the US at edm festivals, the real rave sound has long gone.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/02/04 :  23:23:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Sad to see someone leave the scene just because they are not feeling it anymore but tat always happens with any music scene. I actually liked Thumper's approach as he simply did what he wanted to do and obviously got some enjoyment out of it for a long time but there is no point staying in a marriage trying to make it work if it simply won't work anymore.

The thing is I don't really follow the scene anymore and I haven't in years either. Thumper is only saying what I said years ago. The scene is plastic and despite a few good guys around it has been too much of a club scene and too little a rave scene for a long time.

Now before anyone asks what I am still doing here myself (on the forums) then I actually post here because I still have my old Hardcore favourites and like to see if there is anything new that appeals to me. If not I just lurk.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/05 :  09:33:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
The more underground sound of UK Hardcore and Freeform have become more of an internet thing.
I think you're better of as a bedroom dj than trying to get bookings everywhere. Most of us have
noticed the shenaningans around the scene (I might know a little more because I always try to listen
to what Fracus & Darwin has to say in the VIP rooms :P) so I think we understand why so many liked
artists keep leaving for other genres (or music in all).

But Thumpa should feel like he's not getting any credit. He's easily sold out his albums so it's not like
no one cares about him, and I hope he doesn't feel that way either.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2017/02/05 09:36:11
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/05 :  17:30:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:
It's always been a closed scene since day one, all the big boys care about now is bookings in the US at edm festivals, the real rave sound has long gone.

its why you want your gabba, they or london don't control, and you can just start your own events in the uk without caring about the circuit, because there is'nt 1

mainstream has endless styles, if you can actually mix and EQ your mixes, your all good

if your good like me, you can just put it all together and just have hardcore

Edited by - Guest on 2017/02/05 17:36:01
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/05 :  18:20:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
generally just these few you might have to care about up in scotland, and you might play at their events and ibiza goes hard

http://www.twisted.fm/

nothing or noone else

Edited by - Guest on 2017/02/05 18:22:13
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/02/05 :  20:42:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
quote:
Originally posted by Bring Me Round To Love:

its why you want your gabba, they or london don't control, and you can just start your own events in the uk without caring about the circuit, because there is'nt 1

mainstream has endless styles, if you can actually mix and EQ your mixes, your all good

if your good like me, you can just put it all together and just have hardcore

From the mid 00's onwards the only reason i when to HTID & Uproar was for the Gabba room, unfortunately they got rid of the Techno/Gabba room in later years, which must have lost alot of ravers going to these events.

The music has always been together since the Technodrome days, big mistake to get rid of the hand that feeds you ie more ticket sales.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/02/06 :  12:14:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
I have a lot of respect for Thumpa. He's probably had this observation for years about Hardcore, but he's spent years contributing efforts in an attempt to get some momentum into Freeform. Unfortunately, the long term impact has been limited. Events such as ILHB have become rarer, and there seems to be even less Freeform representation at larger events (although the amount of larger events in UK Hardcore has dwindled also).

However, he's had an Archefluxx-style meltdown, and you kinda get the notion it was a long time coming. He's spoken a lot of truths, but they're already so obvious. Unfortunately he's probably burned a lot of bridges stating what everyone is already blindingly aware of.

Regardless, his withdrawal is a loss for the scene as a whole, and doubtlessly very scything for Freeform.

To add, there are still people in the scene with passion and drive to push it forward. In Freeform, there are still projects being worked on that we should continue to get behind and push forward. There's still much that producers in the community have to offer.

Here are the latest updates, and a Transcend counter. They're uploaded to public pages and there for people to read, so I'll relay the messages.

Edited by - Elipton on 2017/02/06 12:19:48
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/02/06 :  20:31:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
No Transcend; Alot of those people he mentioned are now 100% twat.

This is confirmed fact. Along with all the other truth Thumpa spoke ;)

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/02/06 :  23:37:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
Long story short: all Hardcore (including FF) in the UK suffers from a disconnect between producers, DJs and promoters?

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/07 :  00:02:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
100% twat.

ministry of sounds next cd

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/07 :  06:58:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Thumpa has always had a little bit of Ego. but in this case, I actually trust him more than what Transcend is saying.

But it's sad that he's not staying in hardcore/freeform scene, especially after STATING he just wants to be a bedroom DJ again.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2017/02/07 07:05:08
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2017/02/07 :  09:11:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
The guys that run ILHB do represent a large part of the Freeform scene but certainly not all of it, I've always considered them the most sound crew around, booking or no booking I'll always be in attendance because the ravers that attend their parties are the loveliest people I know.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/08 :  12:34:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Thumpa has always had a little bit of Ego. but in this case, I actually trust him more than what Transcend is saying.

But it's sad that he's not staying in hardcore/freeform scene, especially after STATING he just wants to be a bedroom DJ again.

its not that bad, get gabba right and don't play aload of complete shit like most people, and you can raise a whole empire while uk hardcore events forgot about it for 10 years

dubstep dead, drum & bass dead, 50,000 people don't stay in and read books every night like all the nerds that killed and took over both scenes

and make sure you tweak the bass in the tunes

this does a fine job for the low end and make all tunes mixable with eachother

http://www.anwida.com/product.asp?pid=11

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/08 :  12:38:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
like https://youtu.be/_zIc8nGcmg4?t=40m11s

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page