Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Kid_88
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2017/02/08 :  19:02:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kid_88's homepage  Reply with quote
What liar Doesn't get booked so blames everyone else

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Yoko
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Yoko is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2017/02/08 :  20:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Yoko's homepage  Reply with quote
Gonna miss you mate, it's been a pleasure!

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/09 :  11:01:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kid_88:
What liar Doesn't get booked so blames everyone else

probably plans sets and kills the party like kutski. and all the n00bz in the world

the embarrassing shitness of kutski whenever he is live, i should be battling with korsakoff and noize suppressor

Edited by - Guest on 2017/02/09 11:03:24
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2017/02/09 :  11:21:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage  Reply with quote
kutski mixes are all planned, when it comes to his radio show for keeping the rave alive, if you can be bothered to find any https://www.mixcloud.com/keepingtheravealive/

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/02/09 :  11:29:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
The freeform scene kind of have themselves to blame for their continued demise within the hardcore scene. Instead of grasping at what little straws there are left in the scene, they should have just branched out and associated themselves with other similar genre events, or try and push the sound themselves to the public and seeing if anyone bites.

I've met Kevin and he's an awesome guy, and he's done a lot for freeform. Sharkey has also done a lot for freeform. Never met the guy, but only a cunt would flake out on having their artist album released when it's pretty much finished and a label full of amazing people poured so much time and money into doing it.

Regardless of what I think of either of them, freeform, much like the rest of the UK hardcore scene, won't continue to grow or even evolve if you favor the old school crew where some like Sharkey and Kevin seem to get preference when they only do a handful of gigs and don't add anything new to the scene, over new, current or promising talent that can add to the scene whether they're a DJ or producer.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2017/02/09 :  11:56:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
There's a post on Thumpa's FB profile where he is bitching about the scene with Wotsee and Ajay that I find amusing. If I remember correctly, Wotsee tried to make Ajay look like a terrible promoter when he was organizing the lineup for the first HTID ITS he was running by accusing him of deliberately leaving him out of the lineup when Wotsee already said he had a prior engagement that would preoccupy him for that entire time

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/02/09 :  14:15:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
The freeform scene kind of have themselves to blame for their continued demise within the hardcore scene. Instead of grasping at what little straws there are left in the scene, they should have just branched out and associated themselves with other similar genre events, or try and push the sound themselves to the public and seeing if anyone bites.

I've met Kevin and he's an awesome guy, and he's done a lot for freeform. Sharkey has also done a lot for freeform. Never met the guy, but only a cunt would flake out on having their artist album released when it's pretty much finished and a label full of amazing people poured so much time and money into doing it.

Regardless of what I think of either of them, freeform, much like the rest of the UK hardcore scene, won't continue to grow or even evolve if you favor the old school crew where some like Sharkey and Kevin seem to get preference when they only do a handful of gigs and don't add anything new to the scene, over new, current or promising talent that can add to the scene whether they're a DJ or producer.

A few 'big names' have 'left' Freeform though have they not? Sharkey apparently left a few years ago which probably didn't help.

The thing is Freeform used to be a very varied style that covered everything from Breakbeat to almost Gabber like tunes. You had good productions and compared to a lot of mainstream stuff it was always higher quality. I remember listening through the old Bonkers from the 2000s and eventually deciding that Sharkey's mix was the best one with Scott Brown usually coming second. Sharkey's mix would be Freeform that had the most variety and eventually progressing to harder tunes as the set continued.

Sadly some of the best Freeform was never released but that at least helped Bonkers stand out against some of the other compilations as the only way you could hear these tunes other than at an event was on Bonkers. For those who couldn't get to big events that often anyway Bonkers was a very good chance to hear these big tunes, The death of Bonkers has not helped things either.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  04:44:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
The problem with Sharkey is that he never really left! He still goes to the raves :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  12:34:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
The problem with Sharkey is that he never really left! He still goes to the raves :P

And he still likes the old magic beans as well by the looks of things according to one video I saw of him

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  15:31:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
sharkeys been a bit of a bellend lately actually not turning up for gigs or being paid and f*cking off without playing.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2017/02/10 :  16:03:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
sharkeys been a bit of a bellend lately actually not turning up for gigs or being paid and f*cking off without playing.

because freeform

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page