Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  04:43:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
HH themed HU podcast is up now!

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/the-hardcore-underground-show-podcast-18-fracus-darwin-april-2017

CDJay

That Gareth Emery remix is such a banger. Silhouettes goes hard (much better than expected from Outforce). Seven & Sc@r track is heavy. Andy Wilson doesn't disappoint too much.

Obviously plenty of shit in between but I don't see any point in naming and shaming.

This mix actually feels like a reversion to the mean to a limited extent. Mildly exciting times.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  18:58:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Sorry, just back from the Clubland weekender.

We haven't taken delivery of the CDs yet, doubling the order appears to have affected turn around time and we were working on a ridiculously tight schedule in the first place.

Also, frankly, we saw the 100% Clubland Hardcore CD appear on amazon and blinked. This was then further compounded when I saw Fracus & Darwin at the bottom of the flyer for the classics night at HTID In The Sun. Le sigh.

We have limited tools at our disposal, and always seem to always be padding upstream; the one thing I know for sure is that timing matters. This has, demonstrably, led to us missing release dates on multiple occasions which I loathe more than anyone

I want to do more albums, and I want to use them to improve both our standing in the scene and our ability to enable others. For this reason, we've decided to knock it back until May 19th.

It's worth the wait!

CDJay

Standard routine from HU these days. Release pushed back, CDJay required to come up with an excuse again. This must have been the 20th, 30th time it's happened with releases on your site? Come on this is really unprofessional. Speaking of which, I made an order last month on a CD... paid via PayPal... after a while no CD came, messaged the team via website no reply... had to open a case on PayPal to get my money back (of which there was also no reply from Hardcore Underground). Oh and whilst we're at it why do you charge 3.50 for postage, when second class signed for large letters only cost 2.32 (and likely less than 2 quid, if you have an business account with royal mail - care to clarify that one?). I really want to get behind you guys because I love the brand and the music HU produces... it's hardcore's one and only salvation... but treat your consumers with a little more respect (try not announcing delays on the DAY of release)!!

Edited by - whittle1 on 2017/05/10 19:00:05
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  20:04:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We use Royal Mail Tracked 48, the reason there was a post outage was that we tried to migrate to standard 24 with delivery confirmation (to make it more affordable for our customers) but after the switch they said it worked only on parcels and wasn't flat rate. This all happened whilst I was doing 20 hour days to and from London trying to do the blu ray.

The website relaunch was disastrous, my leased line has gone down repeatedly and they tried to charge us double the excess construction fees in a still ongoing drama.

During this period, a meeting was had where HU was marked for death and most of the major scene players were participants active or not. Fracus finally snapped after 10 years of hell and went faintly awol whilst I tried to do the job of 20 people instead of the usual 10.

Not excusing anything, as I will say this is probably the least professional and effective we've ever been, but the climate and struggle is currently untenable. We're close to winning but genuinely may not survive to see it. I just pawned my wife's pristine tb303 to match a bill entirely due to this delay and made her cry. Heartening stuff.

If anyone else in this industry gave half of a much of a shit as us I wouldn't have to apologise.

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  20:08:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We pay ?3.52 + VAT for Tracked 48, which excludes Jiffy bags used to post.

The store is a shambles atm, we're trying to fix it. I am aware the damage from post outage and customer relations may be irreparable.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  20:20:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Ever thought of getting a few volunteers in to help with stuff?

I'm sure there's enough expertise (or even goodwill) floating around to assist with a few bits.

Just say the word and those floodgates will open ;-)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  20:33:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
If someone is nice enough to offer I just couldn't bring myself to inflict it on them.

That said, we need someone to run a stall at events. The amount of revenue and exposure missed out on at the Clubland weekender simply as we were too broken is faintly traumatic.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  20:53:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Relentless 2
Keep it Lethal Vol 2
Keep it Lethal Vol 1
Electronic Happy Dreamer
HU Vs 24/7 DJ Tools Soundclash
HU DJ Tools 1
HU DJ Tools 2
HU DJ Tools 3
HU DJ Tools 4
HU DJ Tools 5
Diversions
Filth & Dumb Hatred
Point of No Return
Hardcore Heaven
Dark Shadows 1
Dark Shadows 2
Dark Shadows 3
Le Gra Go Deo
Dedicated
Album Sessions Vol 4
The 100 Series Vol 1
The 100 Series Vol 2
Material
X
Machine Music
GYTM Album
I'm Alive
The Clash of the Titans
The Secret Files
Little Man, Big Fight
Happy Hardcore Underground
Hardcore Innovators Vol 2
The High Grade
Bombs Away
Til Death Us Do Party
Mind Over Matter

Every single one of these releases over the last 4 years gave us brand new music that we simply would not have gotten without HU. We're all fully aware of the difficulties that often come with HU releases but how many times can any of you say that you've thought something you received was anything but of the highest quality? In a situation where Clubland can release a compilation rehash album featuring no new music whatsoever, with the full backing of all of the stagnant top tiers video messages, who really deserves our support?

There is literally no one else in this industry anymore that's prepared to try and upset the status quo, if there's a delay to a Clubland release, or whatever other crap someone puts out, do you think anyone loses any sleep? Even the most venomous of tongues would no doubt be met with a shrug.

It's easy to think of HU as a 'company' and us as 'the customer' and apply the same logic we would to a major conglomerate when faced with a delay or some other kind of essentially meaningless issue but do the heads of those conglomerates put literally everything they have on the line to bring us something new and exciting and try and push things forward? Do they fuck.

Edited by - arpz on 2017/05/10 20:54:15
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  21:04:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm glad they haven't got too big to give a shit about what we think.

I appreciate the effort, and the circumstances the guys often end up with.

Yes, it's frustrating that there are delays, that's why I always add a few weeks to any release date I see announced :-P

I'm 46 years old and still buying stupid music because of HU and the few others who share the same passion.

Right now, I wouldn't care if they took my money and sent me nothing in return. After spending 30 years putting money into a scene that stopped giving anything back a long time ago, it's these people that need a break.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  21:05:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
You're hired. Be CDJay for two months.

I will be nice to your widow

Nah, genuinely appreciated. The backer survey was heartening as hell, but I just don't think most people get what we put ourselves through and how we get to feel about it. Even the last HH album was spoiled for us with top disinterest and *that* meeting. Imagine climbing Everest and getting handed a terminal diagnosis by unfeeling lab coats. That. That times ten

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  21:25:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
As an aside, I used to track comp releases in the 90s. I would walk for half an hour to the train station, take a train to Coventry, walk another 20 minutes to Virgin Megastores... And get told it was delayed. Then go home.

I used to get far less pissed off than most people now do, and there was nearly an album a week. C'est la vie.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  21:45:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I remember those days well.

Go in on release day - 'not in yet, might come on the delivery later'
Go back later - nope, nothing yet
Try the day after just in case - still no sign.
Next day on the off chance - 'don't be silly, nothing gets released on a Wednesday
Pick up sheet with next months release schedule - put back 3 weeks!

Edited by - djDMS on 2017/05/10 21:46:17
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  21:52:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

I honestly don't understand the hostility of the top tier. Why mark the only innovation that's happened within the Hardcore scene in the last ten years with a target? Especially given the complete lack of input from them in the last five years. It's almost as if they would see the music die rather then a good group of people do something productive with it.

Personally I wouldn't care if the album was delayed for another month. It's still going to be miles better then anything else that is currently available from other outlets.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2017/05/10 :  22:01:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

I honestly don't understand the hostility of the top tier. Why mark the only innovation that's happened within the Hardcore scene in the last ten years with a target? Especially given the complete lack of input from them in the last five years. It's almost as if they would see the music die rather then a good group of people do something productive with it.

That's why. They could trade off past glories ad nauseum and as long as no comparable match was offered to anything current the "we sold tens of thousands of units" would sustain. They don't want to fight in the gutter as they *will* lose. The goal posts have always moved to suit agenda. Every success maligned, every achievement dismissed.

Inactivity is legacy preservation. Tagging onto other things from embedded stature is the new thing. Any attempt at scene building or genre root recognition is and will be met with hearty dismissal and disdain.

Then I get to scrabble around on the floor doing post. Yay

CDJay

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/05/11 :  14:17:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I appreciate the effort, and the circumstances the guys often end up with.

Yes, it's frustrating that there are delays, that's why I always add a few weeks to any release date I see announced :-P

I'm 46 years old and still buying stupid music because of HU and the few others who share the same passion.

Right now, I wouldn't care if they took my money and sent me nothing in return. After spending 30 years putting money into a scene that stopped giving anything back a long time ago, it's these people that need a break.

"I'm 46 years old and still buying stupid music because of HU and the few others who share the same passion. "

Life ****ing goals. you are a badass. Please God; let me be raving at 46.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2017/05/14 :  21:06:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Nice to see a new vocal track from Scott Brown - Stay With Me, sounds great.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page